Chapter 20

Catch & Fall

 

Yoha's kind of love for me was patient and understanding. She was never the one to give up. She was always full of hope. No matter how bad I treated her before.. Even though I was a jerk to her.. Even if I had neglected her, she never gave up on me. She had always had this hope in her, that maybe someday, I'll be able to notice her... And recognise her presence. 
 
 
 
"Yoha, do you see me now? I have recently graduated and got a degree. I'll be a doctor just like Chae- in. You're proud of me right? You're happy for me right? I wanted to be happy, but I can't put up a smile on my face."
 
 
 
She never gave up on me.. And in return, my love for her will never, ever end..
 
 
 
"Yoha, today marks our first anniversary.. Do you miss me? Because I miss you so much. I wish I can see you again. I wish I can hold you again in my arms. I miss you.. 
... I'm sad, and I still cry everyday. I wish I could go back to the old days, where I could see you smiling brightly.. I wish I could still kiss you.. I wish you were here.."
 
 
 
Everyday, I would go and visit Yoha's grave, and bring her flowers. I would spend my time, just talking to her and telling her how my day went. Even though I wouldn't get any response from her, I'd still talk and talk until I'm lost for words. Yoha never got tired of me before.. I won't get tired of talking to her either.. even if I don't get anything from it.. If it's for Yoha, then it'll always be worth it. People may think that I've gone crazy.. That I'm losing my sanity... That I stop and move on... But Yoha was my life.. She was my everything..
 
 
 
"How can I move on when I'm still in love with you? I just wish... I just wish I could have you back.."
 
___________
 
One rainy afternoon, while I was checking through Yoha's drawers, I suddenly found an envelope-- One that looks like the love letters she would always give me before.. When I saw that my name was written in it, I quickly opened the letter and sat down on the floor.
 
 
To: My Lovely Husband, Woohyun.
 
Dear Yeobo,
 
Hello! How have you been?
 
*Not doing good. I'm missing you.*
 
By the time you find this, I have probably passed away.. Do you miss me? Are you still crying because of me? I know your answer would be "Yes." But you shouldn't be. You should be living a happy and productive life. You should marry again too.. Don't worry, I won't be mad. It's okay.. I want you to be happy.
 
I'm sorry if I have left you that early. I'm sorry if I didn't last long. If I could stay for more than a thousand years just to be with you, I would. But I couldn't.. Because my body had betrayed me.. I'm not strong enough to live longer for you. I'm sorry.
 
But Woohyun, I have always loved you. I'll never get tired of loving you. Words will never be enough to describe or express just how much I love you. You'll always be in my heart and no one can ever replace you. You don't have to worry about me anymore. For sure, I'll be in a good place. In a place where you won't have to worry about me getting tired or whatever. 
 
I will always watch over you. Wherever you go, I will follow you. I won't get tired of looking after you. I won't ever forget you.
 
I love you, Nam Woohyun, my first love, the guy that I have always dreamed of, my dream come true, my bestfriend, my husband, and most of all, my life..
I love you, forever and always.
 
Your loving wife, Nam Yoha.
 
Tears fell down rapidly from my eyes, just like the rain that has been falling non- stop that day. It's time to face the truth. Yoha had passed away..
 
And she will never come back. 
 
But atleast she's at peace now.. 
All she had to do is wait for me..
 
Wait for me just like before... 
Wait for the time that the two of us will be reunited again..
The time when we won't be afraid to be separated.. 
The time when we can be together, forever.
 
*END*