Chapter 8

Catch & Fall

 

Everday, thoughts of Yoha would ride my train of thoughts. I'm not missing her, am I? Dongwoo saw the frustrated look in my face as I brush my hair with my hands. He nudged me with his elbows and I just stared at him. "Dude, why? I thought you wanted this?" He asked. "I could ask myself the same thing man. I don't know what's happening to me anymore! It's like she casted a spell on me or she gave me a potion or whatever.." I replied. "Could it be that you've fallen for her?" I looked at him and scoffed in disbelief. I don't know what to answer him anymore. Yoha.. Why am I suddenly missing you? As far as I can remember, I hated you, right?
 
"If you have fallen for her already, maybe it's your turn to court her.. I mean, it's about time that things would turn between the two of you. It should be the guy who has to chase the girl around anyways.." He said casually. I heaved a heavy sigh and replied, "But what if she's avoiding me because she doesn't like me anymore?" Dongwoo huffed and patted my back, "Then it's your loss my friend! Aissh!! Why do you have to realize your feelings for her just now? Now that she got tired chasing you around?!" He sighed heavily and sounded somewhat frustrated as well. "Late reaction?! Late realizations?! Bro, next time, you might wanna use your brain as fast as possible!" He shook his head. "You know what they always say, you'll only see someone's importance when they're already gone."
 
"So what should I do?" I asked, desperately. "Go to her house today! Instead of sulking here in my room, why don't you get your off of that bed and fly to where she is!" Dongwoo pulled me off his bed and pushed me to his door. "Go now, I wish you the best, bye!" And with a loud bang, he shut his door closed. I have three options. One, go home and just sleep. Two, knock onto Dongwoo's door again and just stay there and play video games with him. Three, follow his advise: go to Yoha's house today.
 
I can't let myself go crazy about thinkin' over Yoha again and again. Besides, I also have to know if she still likes me as well. Because... truth be told, I'm missing her.
ALRIGHT I LIKE HER GOD DAMN IT!
 
I knew I won't be at peace if I'd do nothing about this and will be just wasting my time with thoughts just running around my head so I went with Option Three. My feet led me to Yoha's home that afternoon. As soon as I got to the front door of her solo apartment, I was about to knock on the door, but before I could, it already opened. I was surprised to see her and she seemed surprise to see me in front of her doorstep as well.
 
I was happy to see her actually, but Yoha seemed to be having a rough time that day and she looked a little bit pissed. "Hey I haven't seen you in a while." Was the first few words that I blurted.. And "Yeah..." Was all she could answer me.
"So uhm.. how have you been?" I tried to ask so that I wouldn't look like a total idiot but her answer stung me..
 
"Are you here to ask me why I ain't following you anymore?" 
 
She rolled her eyes and fixed the strap of her bag on her shoulder. That was when I realized that she was dressed to go somewhere. I looked at her from head to toe and was mentally slapping myself for doing that because she gave me a stern look.
 
"I don't know why you came here today, but as you can see, I really have to go." She locked the door behind her and on cue, a honk from a car was heard, indicating that her driver was already there. She left me standing there without even saying a goodbye. I felt a sudden pang in my chest. Maybe I deserved this after all. Maybe this is how she felt before.. The times when I would always reject her.. or neglect her effort. So this is how it feels like.
 
Why is that, everytime I'd try to talk to her, she always has to go somewhere?