Chapter 3

Catch & Fall

 

"Alright, I have to go man." 
Dongwoo walked out of the room leaving me by myself. That means I have to deal with Yoha... again.
She's still being pushy about bringing me to that newly opened restaurant.
I have made all the lies that I could come up with, but it just won't work with her.
 
While I was in my class, she kept on texting me and convincing me to go with her. I tried telling her that I have to do this and that, but it seems like she just couldn't feel that I don't like to go with her! Man, that girl's sick. Two words. Desperate brat.
 
Just as expected, Yoha waited for me in front of the school gates. She was waving happily at me and smiling brightly while I just walked pass her, totally ignoring her presence. I walked as fast as I could, but she managed to come after me. She held my wrist and stopped me from my tracks.
 
I looked at her blankly and asked, "What do you want?" She was panting heavily and was holding onto her knees. "I was waving at you, didn't you see me?" She asked back, still trying to catch her breath with every word she said. "Oh, I thought you were waving goodbye." I replied with a sarcastic tone. "Don't be silly Woohyun! You know that I was waving to call your attention! Remember? Dinner? At the restaurant?" She said.
"I already told you that I've got tons of things to do. I have to go."
 
I was about to walk again but she looped her right arm around my left, which I quickly yanked away. "Yoha, stop. I already told you that I have to go home." I said sternly, but it seems like she didn't get the message at all. "I promise we won't take long! We're just going to eat there and--"
 
"Shut up! I already said that I don't want to go. Go find someone else that will go with you." I replied, this time, slightly raising my voice and narrowing my eyebrows.
 
"But, I have nobody else to go with.. Besides, I wanted to go there with you." She pouted.
 
"I don't want to. I have to go.."
 
BRAT.
 
I started walking again but then she held my wrist tightly. "Please, Woohyun.. I wanna go there with you." She started dragging me to her car where her driver is patiently waiting. People are starting to stare at the both of us weirdly. This is it. I'm really losing my patience this time. "Yoha, stop dragging me, I can walk by myself! People are staring!" I sighed- frustrated.
 
"This is embarassing!" I hissed. "But if I let go of you, you'll surely run away!" She replied and continued dragging me. This time, I used my other hand to pry her hand that was holding onto my wrist. I might've kinda shoved it a little too stong that she backed off a few spaces from where she was standing.
 
"I'm telling you one last time, I have to go." I said coldly.
 
"But Woo--"
 
"I've been holding these things for too long already. And this time, I'm really, really losing all my patience!" I paused. I walked quite close to her face and looked in her eyes.
 
"Let me make this clear to you," I started slowly as if I'm talking to a five year old,
"I don't like you the way you like me. You already know that. I just don't know the reason why you keep on pushing yourself to me!" I scoffed.
"Are you seriously expecting me to fall for you? Please. That will never happen. Once and for all, try to set aside your dreams, from reality!" I said, almost in one breath.
 
Only my anger is penetrating me at that moment, and finally releasing those words, somehow,
made me feel better.
 
 
** Those words stung like.. I don't know. I felt like I was hit by a lightning that moment. Every word he said.. hurt me. It took me two minutes to realize that tears had already made their way out of my eyes. It's like my heart  was ripped off, crushed and had fallen into pieces. It was like my heart was being hammered thousands of times that I had nothing to do but stand there and stare at him. It felt like time had played with its hands, and ran slower than ever.. I tried to utter a word and said, "W-Woohyun, I.. I just.."
 
"You just what?" He scoffed. "I'm already sufferring each and everyday because of your presence. You must realize by now that you're very suffocating.. None of these was fun to me." He said. "
 
I'm sorry.." I managed to reply under my shaking voice, but somehow, I feel like running away. My legs became wobbly and shaky, but I know that if I try to walk away, I might fail and fall onto the ground. **
 
 
I looked around and realized that people are already staring. Yoha looked around as well, and realised what I saw. "I- I'll be going now.." She said and ran to her car, holding her chest while still crying. 
 
Many passersby have watched and heard everything. So I practically made myself look like the bad guy. What they don't know, is that I've been trying to survive my everyday life with the living devil.
 
When they were eyeing me weirdly already, I began walking away from that area. I don't want somebody to come approach me and give me lecture of what I did. But girls have started to whisper to each other. Negative things, I know.. 
 
Hearing words from them like, "He made her look stupid in public.." or "Maybe the girl had faults but he shouldn't have done that.." 
 
Each step I take made me feel guiltier.
I shouldn't be feeling this though. I really wish they knew my side of story.