Chapter 1

Catch & Fall

 

"Woohyuniee~!!" 
 
There goes that irritating squeal again. Man, when will my life be as peaceful as ever? I barely eat my lunch quietly. Another day here in this hell. Did I say hell? Oh yeah, I did. Why? Because this girl- sitting right next to me- who claims herself to be my girlfriend (although I can never remember the day I confessed to her. Was there ever a day that that happened??).. Well, she's talking non- stop again. It's killing me! Seriously! And whenever I'd shove her away, she giggles like an idiot and thinks that I'm only kidding! Oh god, this girl's crazy... over me.
 
When did all these started? We were young then, 14.. 15 maybe? Yoha has always liked me. Long before she could have even confessed to me, I knew it already since it was waaay, and I mean, way to obvious. Our parents were the best of friends, and we were playmates eversince we were young.
So I practically grew up with her but ignored her feelings for me. Well, yes we were young then. Very young to think of the possibilities of being together, so I decided to abort the thought of her- liking me, and thought that maybe she was just confused because we're too young to think of those kind of mature stuff.
 
On the other hand, I never thought of anything about having a feeling towards her as well. I was 15, all I can think of was to play computer games, play sports with my buddies, nothing more. I was also too young to even think of the thought of loving or liking someone. That never entered my mind before.
 
One evening, my parents and I were invited to have dinner in their house.. or should I say, mansion. They were all talking about business and Yoha and I had to remain silent since it was.. none of our business.
 
Back then, she has always been this shy and quiet girl around me. She would always blush whenever our eyes would meet. She was always this well- tamed girl whenever I'm around and would always keep her good-girl-manners. That time, I was thinking that she was only showing those things off around me because she wants to impress me. She likes me, yeah, even though she never really confessed.
 
I swear I'm not self- absorbed, it's a fact.
 
Our parents were talking non- stop until their attention turned to the two of us.
 
"Yoha, how have you been with Woohyun latety?" My mom asked her. "We've been really good friends, I see him often in school too."
 
LIES. All lies. We were playmates when we were young, but she stopped playing with me in junior high. Maybe that was the time when she developed her crush on me, I don't know. Or she probably grew up or something. Something about her changed. That's for sure. Must've been the puberty stage.
 
After saying her words, she eyed me, telling me to play along so I just nodded.
 
Until her mom said those dangerous words.
 
"Oh that's nice, Yoha, here, has always been telling me how much she likes you. She already told you too, right?" Her mom asked me.
 
Yoha almost choked herself after hearing her mom's words. She was burning red, out of embarassment maybe?
"MOOOMM!!"
"Oh honey, you haven't confessed yet? Oops." 
 
Her cheeks are still flustered in red and she can't even look at me anymore. I remained quiet and continued on chewing my food. I can see that her eyes are on verge of crying but she managed to hold it in. The whole room became quiet. Well, indeed that was embarassing. I quite feel sorry for her, I know she feels uncomfortable that moment. Just then, it was my mom's turn to turn my life upside down.
 
"Don't worry Yoha, Woohyun here has always liked you as well." That was my turn to choke on the meat I was eating. My dad patted my back and smiled at me. "Mom, I did not say such things!" I retorded.
 
"Stop denying, we know you've always liked her."
 
HELL NO. I NEVER LIKED HER. WELL, NOT IN THAT WAY! IN FACT I NEVER EVEN LIKED ANYONE.
 
That never crossed my mind at all.
 
"Don't worry Yoha- ah! Soon, we will fix an arranged marriage for the two of you. I know you two will end up just perfect!" Mom said and winked.
 
"But mom-"
 
"Thank you Mrs. Nam!"
Yoha beamed with full of hope and excitement.
She really thought that was true.. Oh god. Talk about her flying composure.
 
And that's how it all started. Eversince that day, Yoha had claimed me to be hers, telling the whole world that if ever some girl dares to touch me, then that girl should dig her own grave by dawn. I became the laughing stock of my friends because of her- following me wherever I go. I kept on telling her and explaining to her that everything my mom said that evening wasn't true, but she would never really absorb what I say and continue bugging me with her fan girling and spazzing over me. Not that I'm a celebrity. But she actually treats me like one.
 
Dude, what happened to the well- tamed girl before?
 
She became insanely in love over me. And sometimes, I must admit, it scares the hell out of me. It would never have been like this if my mom didn't say those things. Yeah, my mom was the one to blame. She's like, the living- control- freak. Are all moms like that? I don't want to believe it.
 
Now I have to endure all these things until Yoha finally gives up on me..
So help me god.