How Can I?

Until I Met You

 

When I opened my eyes I was laying in a bed. Where am I? I roamed my eyes searching for something familiar when suddenly a nurse from our school clinic came into my view. What am I doing at the clinic? 

"So you are awake, just lay there and I will call your friend." The nurse said as she went outside to fetch someone. 

Someone came into the room and it was Nickhun. I wonder what happened. He then approached me slowly and sat beside me. 

"Woo are you ok?" He asked me gently

"Yeah. What happened why am I here?" I asked him

"When I was asking you about your poem, you fainted just when the bell rang." 

I looked at him really feeling confused. So everything was just a dream? Aish I knew it. It's just too good to be true. I am just making a fool of myself. 

"Woo are you ok?" Nickhun asked me as he placed his hand on my forehead. 

I looked at him and I could feel his hands touching my skin. Why do I feel hot suddenly? 

"I'm fine. I'm just a little hot." I told him and I felt really embarrass

"Should I call the nurse?" He asked me feeling a little concerned

"I'm really fine." I told him and gave him a smile

 Then as I was about to tell him more, the door opened and Chansung came barging in. He approached me and stood beside me. 

"Woo, I heard you fainted! Are you alright?" Chansung asked worry evident in his voice. 

I looked at Chansung and smiled. 

"I'm fine Chansung it's not like I died or something." I joked 

"Yah, that's not even funny." Chansung said like a kid. 

I laughed at Chansung. Sometimes he's really like a kid trapped in a big man's body. 

"Are you really fine Woo?" Chansung asked. 

"I’m really really fine" I told him and gave him an assuring smile. 

Then suddenly Nickhun stood from his seat. I looked at him and he looked at me. 

"I'm going" He said coldly. 

"Where are you going?"  I asked him out of curiosity. 

"I'm going out to see my girlfriend." He told me and then he left the room. 

I almost forgot for a moment. He has a girlfriend. I looked up the ceiling and sighed. Chansung looked at me weirdly and touched my hand and squeezed it. I looked at him and he gave me a comforting smile. 

~~~

Later that day, the nurse allowed me to go out of the clinic and go home. Good thing Chansung was with me the whole time. He kept me company throughout my stay at the clinic. 

When we were about to go out of the school...

"Woo, I forgot that I've got a project to do today." Chansung said

"Ohw. It's ok Chansung I can go home by myself." I told him 

"I'm really sorry Woo." 

"It’s really fine, just go do your project" 

Chansung waved goodbye and proceeded to where he was supposed to meet his group mates. I was walking alone when suddenly I felt that someone was following me. I turned around but it seems no one is there. Then when I faced the front Nickhun was there standing. 

". Khun you scared me!" I yelled at him

Nickhun chuckled 

"That's not even funny Khun." I told him and continued walking. 

"Yah, Woo wait for me!" He said chasing me. 

What is he doing here?

"Khun, why are you here?" I asked him 

"I want to accompany you home" He said and smiled at me.

That's totally weird. Why would he accompany me home? Doesn't he have a date with his girlfriend? 

"Don't you have anything else to do?" I asked him 

"Nah." He replied 

"Khun, why do you want to accompany me home all of a sudden? I can go home by myself" I told him 

"I just want to make sure that you reach your place safely" He said and smiled at me. 

"Why?" I asked him again. 

"Woo just let me be. Even though you don't want me to accompany you I'll still do it." He said 

Who said that I don't want you to accompany me? I want you to be always beside me. 

"Ok" I said and we continued walking. 

The walk home was peaceful but I cannot help but look at Nickhun who was also looking at me. why does he have to look at me? Then just after a few minutes we arrived at the front of our house. 

"Khun, thank you for accompanying me" I told him and smiled at him. As I was about to go enter our house Nickhun tugged me at the arm. I look at him. 

"Woo, take care." He said and as he smiled at me. He then let go of my arm and he walked away to their home. 

Why are you doing this Khun? How can I move on when you give me reasons to hold on?