Lalalalala, I can’t hear you

Until I Met You

 

It was another day and as I look at the calendar I could not help but think that tomorrow, it would be my birthday. Aish, I’m going to get older. I wonder if I should invite Nickhun and Chansung to spend some time with me on my birthday. Oh well, maybe I just have to ask them to find out.

At School

“Yah, Chansung are you free tomorrow night?” I asked Chansung who was busy reading something.

“Hmmm I don’t know Woo. I have an exam the following day so I may be very busy tomorrow night.”

“Oh ok.” I told him feeling a little disappointed.

“What’s with the look Woo?”

“Nothing, I just want to spend some time with you tomorrow night, but I guess it won’t happen.” I told him and even though I am feeling a bit disappointed I gave him a smile and continued on what I was doing.

During lunch break, Nickhun and I went to the cafeteria to eat. I was looking at him wondering if he would be free tomorrow night. I was hoping that he would be free or else what a lonely birthday it would be for me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Nickhun snapped his fingers in front of me.

“Woo, what were you thinking about?”

“Oh nothing, just some random stuff” I told him and we continued walking to an empty table.

As we were eating our food, I could not help but stare at Nickhun who was enjoying eating his food. He then looked at me and he smiled. I smiled a back at him and continued eating my food. After a few minutes of eating, I finally found the courage to ask him.

“Khun”

“Yes?”

“Uhmm, I was wondering if you are free tomorrow night?” I asked him nervously waiting for his reply.

“Why are you asking Woo?” He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

“Nothing, I just want to spend some time with you.” I felt a little disappointed because I can’t believe he does not remember.

“I don’t know Woo, I have some things to do tomorrow night, and maybe we could hang out some other time.” Nickhun told me and gave me a smile.

I was really angry and disappointed with what he said. So some things are more important than me now? Aish! I can’t believe he forgot that tomorrow is my birthday!

So I stood up from my seat and I was about to go to my next class when Nickhun grabbed my hand

“Woo, where are you going? You haven’t finished eating your lunch”

“I’m not hungry anymore. I forgot I got some other things to do” I told him and walked away.

I went to class really angry. I still could not believe that he does not have the time for me especially on my birthday.

After classes, I was about to go home alone because I was really disappointed with Chansung and Nickhun but I was more angry at Nickhun.

When I was about to walk out of the school gate I could see Nickhun running towards me. I continued walking and I could hear him call my name. I did not look back and just continued on walking. After a few seconds Nickhun was now beside me and he was trying to catch his breath.  I stopped from walking and looked at him.

“Yah, Woo...  I was calling for you…didn’t you hear me?” Nickhun asked still panting

“Oh you were?” I pretended that I didn’t hear him.

“Yes I was calling you. How come you did not wait for me?” Nickhun asked

“I forgot and besides I got some other things to do” I told him annoyance and anger evident in my voice

“Yah, Woo are you angry at me?” He asked me curiously

I did not respond to his question but instead I just looked at him

“Wooyoung, what did I do to make you mad?”

“LALALALA I can’t hear you” I covered my ears and mumbled some words so that I could not hear him.

“Yah! Wooyoung!” Nickhun said making his voice louder

“Lalalalalalalalalala”

“Aish, really mature Wooyoung.” He told me and he was getting really annoyed.

I stopped what I was doing and I looked at him and I could see that he is starting to get annoyed. He then looked at me and we were now staring into each other.

“Woo, is this about spending time tomorrow night?” He asked me

I just nodded

I heard him sigh and he gave me a smile “Ok, we’ll spend tomorrow night together.”

I looked at him with a glint of happiness in my eyes “Really Khunnie?”

He nodded and continued smiling at me.

Out of excitement, I jumped onto him and hugged him. I was really happy with what he said. As we were walking together home Nickhun asked me.

“Woo.”

“Yes Khun?”

“Why are you so happy that I would spend tomorrow night with you? Is there any event or something?” He asked me

I stopped on my tracks and stared at him. What the hell?! He does not remember that tomorrow is my birthday?! I got annoyed and I left him there standing waiting for my answer.

He was dumbstruck with my actions and he chased me and called for me while I place my hands in my ear “Lalalalala, I can’t hear you”