Surprised

Until I Met You

 

The following morning, I woke up early knowing that Nickhun would probably still be asleep. I got up from the couch and carefully approached the sleeping boy. I looked at his face and it was such a pleasant and peaceful view. I smiled at the view and I went out of the room to prepare something to eat. Usually I don't cook since I have my parents to do that for me but today, I must cook since they are out of town. This is going to be one crazy meal. I don't even know how to cook a decent meal. I guess I'll just have to prepare something and hope that it will taste good. 

"What should I cook?" I asked myself as I roamed my eyes around our kitchen. 

"What about some fried rice? Yes that would be a great idea. I just hope it will taste good" I told myself as I began to prepare our breakfast. 

After a couple of minutes, I finished cooking. I tasted the food that I cooked and to my dismay it tastes like crap. Oh what am I going to do? Aish, I really don't know how to cook. When I decided to remake the fried rice Nickhun was already awake and he was already downstairs at the kitchen wondering where he is. 

"Good morning Khun!" I greeted him with a smile.

He looks really confused. "Where am I and how did I get here?" He asked me with a confused look

"Oh you are at our house and if you are wondering how you got here, I brought you here since you were drunk last night and I must say you are really heavy." I told him and laughed a little bit. I looked at him and he looks really embarrassed right now. 

"I'm sorry Woo." 

"It's ok Khun, I don't mind...so are you hungry? do you want to eat?" I asked him but then I suddenly remembered my fried rice was a failure. 

"Yes, I'm really hungry." He replied 

what am I going to do? Should I serve him this or should I make up an excuse. Aish! Here goes nothing I hope he does not complain about the taste. I immediately gave him a bowl of the fried rice that I made. He took a smell of it and I was watching him carefully if he will eat it or not. Then after contemplating on the smell of the food he took a spoonful of the fried rice. I waited for his reaction and his face does not say anything. He was giving me that poker face. 

"This food is....great" He said and he smiled at me 

I looked at him really surprised. Was it really that good? I tasted it earlier and it does not taste great. I wonder if the alcohol from last time affected his taste buds. 

"Yah, Woo this is really good." He said as he continued eating. 

I blush a little and smiled back at him. I continued watching him eating. Then after he has eaten, I grabbed his bowl and washed it. I told him to just go and relax in the living room. 

After cleaning up, I went to the living room and saw Nickhun sitting on the couch and he was just there sitting. I approached him and sat beside him. He looked at me and he smiled. 

"Woo, about last night, I'm really sorry for bothering you" He said trying to apologize. 

"Yah Khun drinking is not a solution." I told him 

"I know and I'm sorry. I was just really sad during that time." He tried to explain 

"I know. You kind of told me last night" I told him 

He looked at me and he was really surprised. I think he remembers what he did last night. 

"Sorry Woo." He said feeling embarrassed. 

"It's ok Khun. I know it is a tough time for you. I should have just stayed beside you." I told him feeling that somehow it was also my fault. 

He looked at me and smiled at me and I smiled back at him. 

"Woo, about last night..." He suddenly said

"What about last night?" I asked him 

"When I told you that...uhmmm that...I wish that you were the person..that...uhmmm how should I put this...hmmm " 

"Khun I know that you are drunk and you shouldn't worry about it." I told him and pretended that it was just caused by the alcohol.

"No Woo. I mean...last night what I said was true." 

Excuse me? What are you saying Khun? Don't give me false hopes please. 

I looked at him surprised and I don't know what to say.