The Idea

Until I Met You

It was another bright morning and I was about to go out of the house and go to school when suddenly as I opened our gate, Nickhun was just passing by. He stopped on his tracks and he turned his head towards me. I looked at him feeling really surprised. What a coincidence. Maybe fate is playing a cruel joke on me. He was staring at me for almost a minute. What should I do? Should I talk to him? Aish, this is so frustrating! 

"Woo." I looked at him carefully. Wow, how long has it been since we last talked with each other? Maybe he has some favor to ask me that's why he is talking with me again. 

"Yes?" I asked him 

"Do you want to go to school together?" 

Wait, did I just hear it right? He's asking me to go to school together? This is a dream. This can't be real. My mind is playing tricks on me. 

"Woo" 

Why does he sound so real? 

"Woo are you still there?" 

I felt someone poke me. Oh . This is real. 

I snapped out of my thought and looked at him curiously. 

"What is it again?" I asked him making sure that I heard him clearly

"Would you like to go to school with me?" He said and he smiled at me. I missed that smile of his. 

I looked into his eyes and I just nodded. I was at a lost for words. 

The walk to school was very silent. We were not talking with each other. We were just walking alongside each other. I guess this is better than not having him beside me at all. I missed those times. If only everyhting would go back to normal. 

"Woo, how have you been?" He suddenly asked me out of the blue. 

"Uhmm..I don't know." I answered him honestly. 

He stopped walking and looked at me. 

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked me getting more and more curious. 

"Khun, I just don't know. Come on we will be late if we will not hurry up" I told him and urge him to continue walking. 

I heard him sigh but he just continued on walking. It's a good thing though. I wanted to say to him what I really feel but I am not in the right position to tell him. He has a girlfriend and to add to it I am his friend for crying out loud. Maybe it would be better if I just keep this feeling. 

~~~~

During Music class, 

The teacher was explaining something about how to bring emotions to a song. Suddenly she told as that we'll have a pair assignement. What? Pair work? Aish, I hope that it would not be Nickhun. It would just be really awkward. 

"Ok class, we'll have a pair assignement. The person on your left will be your partner for this homework." The teacher happily said. 

. Did she just said left? I looked at my left and there was my partner staring at me and he's smiling. Oh god, it's Nickhun. 

"Ok class so your homework will be submitted tomorrow. Research on how to put emotions in songs while you are singing. If there's no question then class dismiss" The teacher said and she walked out of the room. 

I looked at Nickhun and I waited for him to say something but he's not saying anyhting. Aish this boy. 

"So when do you want to do the assignment?" I started asking him

"Can we do it later at my place?" Nickhun said 

"Ok then. It's not a problem since your house is near ours." 

~~~

Later that day. 

"Woo!" I heard someone shout my name. I turned around and it was Nickhun waving at me. I was waiting for him for almost 30 minutes because we agreed that we will do our homework at their house. I looked at him carefully as he was approaching suddenly I can see someone was with him. His girlfriend. Don't tell me she's coming with us? 

"Woo, are you ok?" Nickhun snapped his fingers in front of me. 

I broke out from my trance 

"Woo I hope you don't mind if I bring my girlfriend along?" He asked me and flashed me his smile. 

Aish. I knew it. Of course she'll come, they are lovers from crying out loud. I could not disagree since it is not my house so I just nodded and told him that it was ok. 

As we were walking out of the school. We bumped into Chansung. Wow, it must be my lucky day today. I smiled and thought of an idea. 

"Chansung, are you busy?" I asked him 

Nickhun and his girlfriend were looking at us. 

"Nope, why do you ask?" 

"Is it ok with you if you help us on our homework?" I asked him 

"Sure thing. Anything for you Woo." Chansung said. 

I turned my gaze to Nickhun and asked him if it was fine if Chansung would come with us. Nickhun looked at me and I could see he is glaring at Chansung. 

"Sure" Nickhun said almost like a whisper. 

"Thanks Khun." I told him and we continued walking out of the school. .

I held onto Chansung's arm as we were walking. While we were walking to Nickhun's house I could feel someone was glaring at me and Chansung. I carefully turned around and I saw Nickhun who seems to be unhappy. I smiled a little and continued on walking.