Hurting

Until I Met You

 

Suddenly I felt the urge to go follow him and comfort him. So I stood from my chair and instantly Chansung looked at me. 

"Woo, where are you going?" 

"Oh sorry but I need to go to the restroom. It will be just a moment." I told him and smiled at him 

I walked to the restroom feeling really nervous. What should I tell him? What should I do? Aish what kind of friend am I? When I reached the door to the restroom I slowly opened the door and peeked. I saw Nickhun sitting on the floor tucking his head between his knees. I slowly opened the door and walked in. Nickhun then turned his head up and we were staring into each other's eyes. I walked to him and sat in front him. 

"Khun what happened?" I asked him. It's the first time that I saw him like this. 

"We broke up." He told me and he began sobbing. 

"Why? What happened?" I asked him 

"We got into an argument and then she told me it would be better if we broke up" 

I looked at him with concern.  I had never seen Nickhun break down like this. Maybe Nickhun truly loves her. So I got closer to him and hugged him. 

"Khun, it's ok." I told him trying to comfort him 

Nickhun just sobbed. "It hurts Woo." 

"Don't cry Khun, everything will be alright" I told him. It hurts Khun to see you like this. It hurts me more. 

"Woo why does it hurt so much?" He asked me still sobbing 

"I guess it hurts because you really loved her." I told him. As I said those words to him somehow I felt really hurt. 

Truth be told, I'm relieved that they broke up but it pains me to see Nickhun in this state. I don't want to see him hurting. I don't want to see him crying like this. I want to see him happy. 

After a few minutes, Nickhun stopped crying. I looked at him and helped him get up from the floor. I lead him to the sink and helped him wash his face.  Then I lead him out of the restroom. 

"Khun come on, let's get out of the restroom." I told him gently 

"He just looked at me and walked with me out of the restroom. Then I lead him to our table. When we arrived at our table Chansung was looking at us curiously. Nickhun was not his self right now. He seems lost and he was staring at nowhere so I tried to lead him to his seat. 

"Woo, what happened?" Chansung whispered in my ears. 

"Nickhun and his girlfriend broke up." I whispered back. 

"What? Really?" Chansung asked in disbelief 

I just looked at him and nodded. I looked back at Nickhun and he was still staring at nowhere. Aish, why are you being like this Khun? Do you really want her in your life? 

~~~

After spending a couple of hours at the coffee shop we decided to head home. 

"Chansung, we should go home first. I'll be taking Nickhun with me." I told Chansung 

"Are you sure you're going to be fine?" Chansung asked me

I looked at him and smiled. Then we left Chansung who went to the opposite direction. Nickhun and I started walking. The moment was quite silent and I don't know what to say to Nickhun. He seems lost in his thoughts. Then suddenly I felt the urge to talk with him. 

"Khun, are you ok?" I asked him but he did not reply. Maybe he is not in the mood to talk. 

After a few minutes of walking we finally reached our destination. I drop off Nickhun at their place. 

"Khun, you better get in now." I told him. 

He just looked at me and did not bother say anything. I sighed 

"Goodbye Khun, see you tomorrow" I told him and forced a smile. 

I then walked away and continued walking to our house. It hurts me seeing you in that state Khun. It pains me to see you hurting.  

~~~

The following day, I went to school earlier and I waited for Nickhun to arrive. The bell had already ringed but Nickhun was nowhere in site.

"Where is he?" I mumbled to myself. 

The teacher already came in and she began discussing. Aish, Khun where are you? 

After my first class, I immediately went out of the room and searched for Nickhun. I searched the school grounds, the cafeteria and every room. Then when I was about to give up I remembered that I still haven't looked at the rooftop. So I immediately run upstairs. After a couple of minutes I finally arrived at the rooftop. 

There he was. He was staring at the sky. I approached him carefully and when I was near him I sat beside him. He did not even bother look at me.