Realization

Until I Met You

It was another day and it has been a week since Nickhun stopped accompanying me. He usually waits for me outside of our house but one day he did not come and it continued for the succeeding days. I wonder what has gotten into him. Lately, we seldomly spend time together. Before, he would not allow me to go alone somewhere and he always wants to be beside me but now he just lets me be and sometimes he's not even with me. Maybe he is just busy or something. 

So i decided to got to school alone and as I enter the school gate I saw Nickhun waiting for someone. I was about to approach him but suddenly a girl appeared and approached him. They look like they were waiting for each other. They talked for a moment and then they left and went to class. Wow, so is this the reason why he does not accompany me anymore. Who is that girl? What the hell is she doing with Nickhun and what has Nickhun got to do with her. Aish, this is making me go crazy! Maybe I should stop thinking of them for a while. I should keep myself busy. That's right I should keep myself really really busy. But I could not help myself from thinking that there is something going on between them. I must find out! Wait, why am I troubling myself...no, I'll just let it be. Let them be, that's right. I got nothing to do with the both of them. Wooyoung you are a strong independet person so you will be fine. 

So I continued walking to my first class. Nickhun was already there sitting and it seems that he was waiting for me to arrive. So I sat immediately and looked at him. 

"Good morning Woo." He said as he smiled at me. 

So, should I ask him about what I saw or pretend that I don't know? I was having a metal battle with myself

"Good morning Khun." I said not looking at him. 

"So how have you been?" 

"Good. A little busy I guess" I lied and he seems to think that I was saying the truth. 

"Woo can we talk later I have something to ask you" 

"Oh sure. But make it quick. I have a lot of things to do." 

The bell rang and the class started. I sat there thinking of what he wants to say. Maybe he has a problem and he wants to share it to me but then a gain he has this girl who seems to be very close to him so why does he want to talk to me when he can talk to her? Maybe he wants me to help him on a project? But we don't have any projects at the moment. So what is it then? 

Through the whole period I kept on thinking on what Nickhun wants to talk about. After class, I went with him outside to the school grounds. We sat on a bench and he looked at me nervously. 

"What is it?" I asked him. 

"Woo, I have something to ask you." He said nervously. 

"Go ahead." 

"I told you last time that I like someone..."

"So?" 

"Uhmm...I am just wondering if you could..." 

"If I could what?" I ask him getting impatent. 

"If you could help me be with her." He said and look at me in the eyes smiling.

What the hell is wrong with you? You stopped accompanying me and stopped spending time with me and now you want me to help you be with someone you like? 

"Sure" was all I could say. When I said those words he seemed so excited and thanked me. 

Great now what am I supposed to do? Somehow when Nickhun asked me to help him with the person that he likes I felt really hurt. It hurts, but I don't know why it hurts. I touched my chest and tried to figure out what was happening but I could not tell why am I feeling this way. Maybe I should just rest. Yes, that's probably it. Maybe I should go to the clinic and ask for some medicine for this pain to go away. 

~~~~~~~

I was in the clinic waiting for the doctor. I told him my symptoms and what I had been feeling recently. He just looked at me in confusion.

"Mr. Jang it seems that the results show that you are perfectly fine."

"I'm not sick? So why am I feeling like this?" I asked him feeling really confused 

"Do you know what love is?" He asked me 

Love. I was researching on that topic a couple of days ago. I know what love is but I never felt it. 

"Yes Doctor" 

"I think you are lovesick Mr. Jang." The doctor said and left me there. 

Wait I'm in love with someone? Who could it be? Aish, this is so frustrating. Maybe I should just go and grab something to eat. 

The walk to the cafeteria was very peaceful. It seems that only a few students were having their break. When I entered the cafeteria, there was Nickhun sitting beside the girl who I saw earlier. I looked at them carefully not allowing them to know that I was looking at them. I can see Nickhun blushing. What the hell? Why is he blushing?! I looked at them more and I can see that they are really happy. Suddnely I felt a slight ache in my chest. Then as I looked at Nickhun being so happy around another person I felt my chest get tighter and my eyes get a little watery. Then realization hit me. It hit me hard like a rock. 

I'm in love. I'm in love with my friend....Nickhun.