Frustrations

Until I Met You

The days went by so fast. Everyday Nickhun would pass by our house and wait for me until I come out and we would go to school together. At first I felt really akward because everytime I see him he always smile that annoying but cute smile of his. Wait did I just said that he has a cute smile? Anyway, we would go to school together, eat together, go to class together and when the day is almost over we go home together too. So, basically we do things together. It's no wonder that I had really gotten used to his presence around me. Everytime that he is not around I feel that something is missing. I just felt really secured everytime he is near me. Everyday that passes by we became closer and closer with each other. We became best friends and practically we shared secrets and stories about ourselves. 

Nickhun was like a brother to me. He acted so protective everytime and he always drags me everywhere he go. It was like this everyday. He does not allow me to go by myself. Really it's like I have my personal bodyguard. 

"Khun, I'll just buy something at the cafeteria" I told him once when we were doing a project.

He looked at me and he stood from his chair "Wait, I'll go with you."

"Khun, I can do it by myself and besides the cafeteria is just a few steps away." I reasoned out

"I still want to go with you." He said in a demanding tone.

I looked at him in disbelief. I just shrugged of the thought and allowed him to go with me. He is so persistent.

We got to the cafeteria and when I took 5 steps away from him, he immediately dragged me back beside him. I looked at him eyeing him curiously.

"What was that about?" I asked him in a confused tone.

"I want you to be always beside me." He said and smiled at me. Here he goes again with his smile.

"Khun, I'll just go grab something there. Don't worry I'll be back." I told him assuring him that I'll be back. I swear he is like a kid!

"Let's then go there together." He said.

"But I can do it on my own!" I told him getting really annoyed

"No." He said and dragged me to the counter and grabbed the food that I wanted to get earlier and he paid for it and we immediately left the cafeteria and headed back to the classroom to continue our project.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

He looked at me and he just smiled and he continued doing our project. I puffed my cheeks and looked at him angrily. He looked at me and the chuckled.

"You look really cute." He said and continued on what his doing.

I looked at him and I felt a sudden change in temperature. Why does it feel so hot here all of the sudden?

Later that day....

"Woo, do you have a crush on someone?" He asked me out of the blue.

I looked at him and raised one of my eyebrows. "Nope" I simply replied to him.

"Really?" He asked again

"Yup" I answered "Why do you have a crush on someone?" I returned his question.

He looked at me and nodded.

"So who is the lucky person?" I asked him out of curiosity.

He looked at me and grinned. "It's a secret." HE stood from where we were seated and he walked farther away from me. I looked at him and then chased him. I felt really curious as to who is his crush. I felt that I need to know that I must know who it is. So I followed him and continued asking him.

"Khun, who is it?"  I asked again  

He looked at me and smiled and continued walking. What was his problem? I continued following him and continued asking him. He the suddenly stopped walking and looked at me. 

"Why do you keep on asking me? Are you that curious?" He asked me. 

I looked at him and I tried to think. Why do I want to know? Why am I that curious? Aish, I really don't know either. 

"I...don't know...I just...want to..uhmm know" I told him trying hard to think of a good answer

He just laughed at me and looked at me and ruffed my hair. "You'll know in time." 

When is that "in time" he's talking about. Aish, this kid is driving me nuts!  I looked at him as he started walking to our next class. 

~~~~~

During our Literature class we were asked to write a poem a bout love. It was like a project that would be submitted at the end of the semester. I looked at the teacher questioningly. What kind of topic is that? It's really lame! I don't even know what it is. Suddenly I felt that someone was looking at me. When I turned my head to the left Nickhun was staring at me curiously. 

"What's with that expression?" He asked me. 

"I just can't believe that we're going to write a poem about love. I don't even know what love is." I told him and luaghed. 

He looked at me and eyed me carefully like I was some psycho. 

"What?" I asked him 

He just looked at me and did not even respond. He then continued listening to our teacher. What's with his expression?

After Literature class, I asked Nickhun if he wants to go with me to the library. He refused. Wow that was a first. I felt really annoyed that he did not want to go with me. Oh well I guess I'll have to do this poem one my own. I went to the library and started reading books about love and researched about what is love. It was really tiring. Researching for something that you don't know. I learned that love is a certain kind of feeling...but what kind of feeling is that? Aish, it's really frustrating. 

After a couple hours, I felt really exhausted and so I left the library and was about to go home. When suddenly I remembered that Nickhun was not with me, so I looked for him around the school. Then I saw him sitting on a bench in the covered walks and he was with someone. They were talking and laughing and it seems that they are really happy. I wonder who she is. I went closer to them and I can hear Nickhun laughing and joking. He was never like that with me. I just shrugged off the thought and went closer to him. Then I called him and asked him if he wants to go home with me. 

"Khun, I'm going home. Do you want to go together?" I asked him 

Their conversation was put to a pause. Nickhun and the girl looked at me. 

"Oh Woo, you're already done with your research?" 

"Yup and I drained all my energy researching." I told him 

"You better go home now and rest." He told me and gave me a smile. 

"So you are not going home with me?" I asked him curiously. 

"Nah, I'll pass" He said and he continued his conversation with the girl. 

Wow, that was new. He said he does not want to go home with me. And who is that girl? Why are they so happy? Aish, why am I getting frustrated over them? I should really go home and get some rest.