Curious

Until I Met You

The following days went by so quick. It has been a week since Nickhun confessed to the girl that he likes. And everyday they became really close and we became somehow distant with each other. We were not like before. It was like I was taken out of his priority and his priority now is the girl that he loves. Though this may sound selfish, I really want us to go back before when it was just the two of us. I want to go back to the times that we where walking home together, eating together and just simply hanging out. But things has to change. People change. 

I was walking to my next class when I spotted Nickhun with the girl. They were eating together along the benches in the corridor. They look really happy and all I can do is stare at them and pretend that I am not affected at all. I came to realize that if it's not meant to be then it won't be. So I moved my gaze away from them and continued walking when I bumped into someone. 

I fell to the ground and it was really painful. I looked at the person in front of me. He was trying to apologize but I just looked at him. 

"Oh sorry. I was not looking at where I was going." 

"It's fine." I stood up from my fall and wiped the dirt off of my clothes. 

I looked at the person again and he seemed really sorry. So I assured him that it was fine and that I'll be ok. Then when I was about to walk away he suddenly asked me my name. I looked at him curiously and raised one of my eyebrows. Should I tell him my name or should I just walk away? I sighed and looked at him. 

"I'm Wooyoung." I told him 

Then he reached his hand towards me "I'm Chansung" 

I then shake his hand and told him that I was about to go to class. I then left him and proceeded to my next class. 

During Math class. 

I was really bored and I was not paying attention to what the teacher was teaching. I roamed my eyes around the room and I saw a familiar person. It was Chansung. He was in the same class as mine. I was really surpirsed. How come I had never seen him? Maybe I was too occupied by Nickhun.

I looked at my left and there was Nickhun sitting and listening to the teacher. I stared at him for a couple of seconds when suddenly his gaze fell on me. I was surprised and we were staring at each other. I don't know what to do so I immediately shifted my head to the right and pretended that I was looking for something in my bag. 

After a few seconds, I looked back at him slowly and carefully and I found out that he was not looking anymore. I sighed. 

The bell then rang.

Good thing that classes were finished I stood from chair immediately and I was about to go out of the room when I heard someone call my name. It was Chansung. I looked at him and gave him a smile. 

"Wooyoung, are you going home now?" He asked me

"Yup. Why?" I asked him curiously 

When I was asking him I could see Nickhun looking at us. He seemed really intrigued as to why I was talking to someone that I just met a while ago. I just ignored him and focused my attention on Chansung. 

"Uhmm, can we go home together?" Chansung asked nervously. 

He looks like a kid hahaha. I think we will get along really well. So I looked at him and smiled my most genuine smile. 

"Yup, sure thing. It has been a long time since someone accompanied me home." I told him 

When I told him those words I could see Nickhun stare at me. What is his problem? He has a girlfriend and he's happy now. So I shrugged off my thought about Nickhun and I went out of the room with Chansung. 

Chansung was a really nice person. He is just like a kid. He is like someone who looks like a kid but in reality he is someone that is really strong. The walk home was really fun. It has been a long time since someone accompanied me home. Nickhun was the first person to accompay me home. It brings back memories but somehow I got to accept reality that Nickhun is already happy with someone else. If he's happy then I am happy too. 

The days past on and Chansung and I became really good friends. We hang out a lot together. It was like he took over Nickhun's place and somehow I am relieved that someone can make me happy besides Nickhun. But sometimes I can't help it but think of Nickhun. He just crosses my mind and somehow it reminds me of the times that we spent together. 

Chansung and I were walking to the cafeteria because I felt really hungry so I asked him to accompany me. As we were walking, we came across Nickhun with his girlfriend. They were talking happily. I just ignored them and continued walking with Chansung. When we passed by them Nickhun looked at Chansung and me. I pretended that I didn't know and continued walking. It was painful but I got to do it. 

When we arrived at the cafeteria, I gently looked at the window and I saw Nickhun still looking at us. His look was kind of different. I could see a litlte bit of curiosity but why do I feel a bit of anger? I just shrugged off the thought and I went to the counter and bought some food. When I was done buying I asked Chansung if we could go to the covered walk and sit on the benches there and eat there. He nodded and we went there together. 

I sat and looked at the food in my hands and sighed. Chansung then looked at me. 

"Is there any problem?" 

"Chansung have you ever been in love?" I asked him still staring at my food. 

"Yup...but it was not serious though" 

"Ohhh...can I ask you another question?" 

"Sure thing." 

I took a deep breath and asked him "Have you ever loved someone who loves someone else?" 

"Nope. Why did you ask?" 

"Nothing. I was just curious." 

Then I changed our topic and we continued eating.