Hwang Taerin strikes.

A different love story...

 

They arrived in school and both Kris and Yuna started taking out books and filling the lockers. They took the books they needed and shut their lockers.

Myungsoo and his friends walked down the hallway, heading for their lockers too.

Myungsoo saw Kris and Yuna smiling and talking with each other. He noticed how her mood seemed better from yesterday and her smile was more radiant than usual. She’s probably alright already.

Then, a girl approached the two. She smiled brightly as she waved and bowed at Yuna and Kris. As Myungsoo took out his books, he watched how they stared at her weirdly. Yuna glared at the girl as if she wanted to burn a hole in her face.

Sungjong noticed his fellow brother staring at the scene.

“Hey, it’s that scary girl and the girl from yesterday,” he said.

That was when Myungsoo remembered about the incident last night, before he and Sungjong were able to leave for home.

Sunggyu and the others had told them to meet them at Sunggyu’s house instead because of some traffic problems so they walked home in the rain. On their way, though, they heard fighting and screaming. It sounded like it belonged to girls. They stopped and looked around, only to find a group of girls in an alley.

“Hyung, they’re fighting,” Sungjong told Myungsoo.

Myungsoo nodded. His eyes widened when he recognized Yuna amongst the girls. She kicked a girl and the other three fled. The girl stood up and yelled at Yuna before catching up with the other three. Yuna turned around to talk to the girl who shifted away, scared. Myungsoo watched as Yuna rolled her eyes and said something to the girl, making her stand up and bow. As Yuna walked, and the girl followed, Sungjong pulled Myungsoo away to get shelter.

Sungjong nudged Myungsoo and he blinked. He looked again at the scene and found Yuna walking away while pushing away the girl’s hand that was trying to grab Yuna’s. Kris just chuckled and walked.

“Let’s go, guys. We’ll hang at the canteen while waiting for class to start,” Sunggyu nodded at his friends.

They nodded and followed.

With a last look at the three people, Myungsoo turned around and followed the others.

---

“Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please…” and she continued repeating over and over again.

Yuna sighed and buried her head in her arms. It had been like this since the start of school.

Yuna had specifically told Taerin to leave her alone but to her dismay, Taerin had done the opposite. She cheerfully went to Yuna and greeted them good morning. Yuna had tried telling Taerin to just leave her alone but Taerin insisted on doing something to pay her back for her kindness.

When Yuna decided to ignore her and walk away with Kris, Taerin trailed along, repeating the word please over and over again, knowing Yuna would give up one way or another.

Kris just smiled as he continued writing his notes while waiting for class to start.

“Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, ple—” “OKAY! FINE! YOU CAN TAKE ME OUT ON SUNDAY! BUT ONLY IF KRIS COMES ALONG, OKAY?! NOW, IF YOU COULD PLEASEEEE LEAVE ME ALONE!”

Yuna finally burst. She was breathing hard – in and out; in and out.

Taerin immediately smiled cheerfully and waved goodbye before practically skipping out the class. Yuna made a face at her response.

Taerin passed by Myungsoo on her way out with a smile as she skipped to her own class.

Myungsoo saw Taerin and looked at Yuna. She looked frustrated.

He stared at her as he walked towards his seat.

Kris laughed at Yuna because of what happened. His eyes became smaller and his gums showed as he laughed while Yuna frowned unhappily.

“Shut upppp,” she whined, slapping Kris a bit.

But, Kris continued laughing. Yuna slapped his arm and put her head on the table, choosing to sleep instead of listen to the teacher. Whatever. Screw class.

---

After school, Kris and Yuna walked together, out of the school, on their way to Mamamia Café.

They felt presence behind them. Turning to see who it was, they were shocked to see none other than Taerin.

“Hey guuuys~,” Taerin cheered, skipping towards them.

“Oh, God…” Yuna facepalmed as she ignored Taerin and turned back in front.

Kris just laughed.

Yuna nudged Kris to walk faster and he obeyed.

“H-Hey guys!! Wait up!!” Taerin yelled as she ran towards them both.

“Ugh, walk faster! You’re supposed to be the one with long legs; not me!” Yuna hissed.

But, Kris was purposely walking slower so Taerin could catch up.

He didn’t know why – maybe, he thought, he wanted Yuna to finally have a proper friend who she could relate to. A girl best friend was what Yuna really needed, Kris thought. He had been with Yuna for many years but he felt that she needed a proper teenage friend for herself. He wanted her to experience those exciting moments with a girl best friend, talking about boys or manicures – well, maybe not manicures – but, the things girls talk about.

He smiled seeing Yuna roll her eyes exasperatedly.

“Haaaaaai,” Taerin said in Yuna’s ear.

Yuna pushed Taerin who laughed happily.

“Go. Awaaaaay,” Yuna pushed Taerin’s face, which was getting closer to her, away.

She didn’t like people getting into her personal space.

“Hahaha. Fine, fine,” Taerin laughed, turning to Kris, “Hai!”

Kris smiled genuinely at her, nodding his head.

Taerin smiled, “Where are you both going?”

“Don’t tell her, don’t tell her, don’t tell he—” “We’re going to Mamamia Café for work,” Kris smiled his gum smile at Taerin.

“WHY DID YOU TELL HER?!” Yuna hissed at Kris who just smirked.

“Ooooo, I’m coming along!” Taerin laughed.

“Noooooo. We’re doooomed,” Yuna groaned silently to herself, but loud enough for the other two to hear.

Taerin, however, chose to ignore it and instead, smiled wider, placing her left arm around Kris’s and her right around Yuna’s.

Yuna tried pulling away but Taerin held on tighter.

“Ugh,” Yuna grunted, giving up.

Taerin skipped as she tugged onto Yuna’s and Kris’s arm.