Best friends.

A different love story...

2BiC ft. Davichi - On Nights Like Tonight
---

Work finally ended and Kris and Yuna headed for the doctor’s.

They came out of the hospital and felt the cool breeze blowing down the street.

Kris spoke first, “Let’s go to the beach we used to go to. It’s close nearby.”

Yuna smiled a small smile and nodded. It’s been long since she spent proper alone time with her best friend. For the past few days, he was always busy with his mother and even when they were to hang out, it was with Taerin. They didn’t mind Taerin but proper alone time, like old times, would be great.

---

They arrived at the beach, where couples were either sitting and watching the sunset or playing with the water.

Yuna and Kris held hands and walked along the sandy beach. Holding hands – it was something the two best friends used to do a lot when they were younger. Somehow, things just changed as they grew.

They finally sat down on the sand and watched the waves.

“What do you think of Taerin?” Kris asked.

“.. I don’t know,” Yuna truthfully answered.

“Do you think you can be friends with her?” he asked.

Yuna slowly nodded, “I guess..”

“Try, okay?” he looked at her.

Yuna just kept a straight face and nodded again, “Mm.”

It was quite again before Kris asked again, “What is your relationship with that guy – L?”

“Huh?” Yuna looked at him, slightly taken aback by the question.

“Halmeoni told me you guys came to the café together. Was that why the both of you didn’t show up at school today? Because you guys hung out today?” Kris questioned.

Yuna hesitated to answer. Why is he asking me these questions? Is he trying to put me at an edge?

She slowly replied, “… Yes.. You can say that.”

Kris smirked, “That’s a surprise.”

Yuna softly scoffed, “What about you? You’re talking a lot today.”

“I guess we’re both changing. You’re smiling a lot,” Kris shot back.

“I guess..” Yuna looked down.

The sun was fully set now. It was dark and the wind was blowing. It was calm and comfortable. It felt so nice to be spending time together again.

“I miss you..” Yuna randomly told him.

Kris opened his eyes that had been shut while he felt the breeze and chuckled, “I miss you too.”

Yuna scooted closer to him and hugged his arm. She wanted to say so much more – thank him for being her friend and all – but she couldn’t. The moment was so nice and meaningful and Yuna wanted to enjoy most of it.

---

The next day, Yuna didn’t see Kris at school. He hadn’t messaged her since last night when he abruptly excused himself after receiving a call from his mother. Yuna had to go home on her own, too. Kris usually sent her home but not last night.

She sighed, seeing that there wasn’t anything to look forward to, and sat down at her seat.

Myungsoo walked in a few minutes after and sat in his seat, in front of Yuna. He noticed Yuna’s down expression and Kris’s empty spot. He immediately understood that Yuna was probably down because her best friend wasn’t around.

Taerin sat in Kris’s seat and greeted Yuna, “Good morning! I didn’t see you yesterday. It was only me and Kris.”

Taerin pouted before saying again, “But, today, you’re here and he’s not! What happened to him?”

Yuna turned to Taerin and smiled a bit, “He probably has some matters to settle with his mother. She’s in town this week.”

“Oh, really? His mother leaves the country often, too?” Taerin asked.

“What do you mean ‘too’?” Yuna raised an eyebrow.

“Well… my parents are not home often too. It’s only me alone,” she explained.

“Oh. Then, you have the exact same situation as Kris. Difference is, his dad already died,” Yuna explained.

“Oh! I’m sorry!” Taerin profusely apologised.

“It’s fine,” Yuna smiled and patted her shoulder.

Myungsoo had been eavesdropping throughout their conversation. He was amused. Yuna knew so much about the people she cared about. For some reason, he wanted Yuna to know him, too; to care about him, too.

He sighed and smiled, looking down at his book, attempting to concentrate.

---

School finally ended and Taerin and Yuna walked out of school.

A car stopped in front of them. The windows were winded downwards and a head popped out.

“Taerin-ah! Guess who?” the cheery voice of the cute-faced guy asked.

“HYUNSEOK! What are you doing here?!” Taerin jumped and pointed at him.

Yuna awkwardly watched them.

“I’m on my holiday right now,” he smiled, “I was on the same plane as your parents, too!”

“What? Mom and dad’s home?” Taerin blinked, sounding slightly disappointed.

“N’aw. Don’t say it like that! Try to sound slightly more enthusiastic!” he smiled his bright smile.

Taerin giggled. She then remembered about Yuna.

“Oh! Meet my best friend – Jang Yuna!” she gestured to Yuna.

“’Sup! Do you mind if I borrow your best friend? I want to spend time with her,” Hyunseok smiled.

Yuna awkwardly smiled back. The guy smiled way too much.

“Uh, sure. Go ahead,” Yuna nodded.

“Thanks!” Hyunseok cheered and gestured Taerin to enter his car.

“Yay! Thanks! I’ll see you tomorrow, Yun!” Taerin waved and entered the car.

The car sped off.

Yuna just smiled and watched the leaving car. She realized how much she cared for Taerin. Seeing her happy made her happy, too.

Sighing, she walked towards the café.

---

Friendship is like a union of spirits, a marriage of hearts and the bond thereof virtue.
This chapter was meh. I'm having a major writer's block and I can't write good updates. I'm sorry, guys. :(
Uhhh, I forgot to mention to you guys in the last update that I made a trailer. I made it like before my trip and posted it but I never informed you guys.
Except at the sides, where I drop notes sometimes but I doubt you guys check that cos I know I don't. LOL.
I'm too lazy to emb the video here soooo, go watch if you want - it's in the foreword! :)
Hmm, what else do I need to say..?
Oh, yaaaa! Dear Celine Sng, my dear favourite human whose hair is so beautiful and one who commented about my use of "wavered", CHECK THIS OUT!

wa·ver

1 | [wey-ver]
verb (used without object)

1.
to sway to and fro; flutter: Foliage wavers in the breeze.
2.
to flicker or quiver, as light: A distant beam wavered and then disappeared.
3.
become unsteady; begin to fail or give way: When she heardthe news her courage wavered.
4.
to shake or tremble, as the hands or voice: Her voice wavered.
5.
to feel or show doubtindecision, etc.; vacillate: He wavered in his determination.
 
That is all. Thank you for reading <3