Lies?

A different love story...

Yuna washed her hands and wiped it clean. She grabbed the broom and started sweeping the floor since there weren’t many customers anyway. While sweeping, she felt extreme pain shoot through her arm but she decided to ignore it. She didn’t feel like paying much attention to it, thinking that it probably wasn’t serious and just a mere injury that could be treated with a little ointment.

“Kris, go collect the coffee bags outside. The delivery has arrived,” Halmeoni walked out and told him.

Kris nodded and quickly finished wiping the table top.

Yuna gestured him to continue wiping and went out instead. She wasn’t one who usually offered to help but she just felt like it. That day had been going good so far, anyway. Kris, although a little weirded out, just nodded and let her do what she wanted.

Yuna went out of the shop and bowed to the man who was putting the coffee bags on the trolley. He smiled at her and gave her the form. Yuna signed it.

She muttered a soft thank-you and pushed the trolley towards the alley that had their back door. She winced slightly when she applied pressure on her arm when she pushed it. She frowned but continued.

Coming back out again, she stared at the remaining coffee bags. How was she going to carry those bags? Yuna sighed and picked one up, planning to hoist it onto her shoulder.

“Ahh,” she cried out, a familiar pain shooting through her arm again. Yuna massaged it slightly and the pain ebbed away after a while. She sighed and continued trying t0 put the bags into the trolley, this time only using one hand.

Although she had only managed to put one bag in, Yuna was already feeling tired. She pushed aside her thought and doubts to continue her job.

Unknown to her, Myungsoo had been watching her since he passed by a while ago. Guilt stabbed him in the heart. It was all because of him that she was hurt. She was only helping him.

Myungsoo was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Yuna groan in pain. He immediately rushed forward and gently shoved her aside, “Let me help.”

Yuna shook her head, “What? No.” She tugged at the bag on Myungsoo’s shoulders.

He turned to her, “Look, it’s my fault that your arm is in pain right now. I’m not sure if it’s injured or just bruised but it seems pretty bad so let me do the job for you.” He pushed her away and bent down to pick the bags up.

Yuna just stared blankly at him as he brought the bag and the trolley in one by one. She sighed; rolling her eyes, and without a word of thanks, walked past him, into the room and out of the door leading to the counter.

She didn’t like getting unwanted help. She never asked for it and she was sure that she would be okay on her own anyway. Sure, her hand might be injured, but it wasn’t like she was still incapable of doing things on her own.

Kris watched her with his eyebrows raised. A second ago, she had been smiling and helping people out. Now, there’s only a dark and scary aura being given out. The anger was evident in her face and through her actions. She would slam the things on the table once in a while while preparing the orders.

She sighed. Myungsoo delivered the coffee he made and placed it on the counter. He met Yuna’s eyes while doing so. She just gave him a cold look.

Myungsoo shrugged and walked back in the room.

Yuna sighed and grabbed the tissue using her right hand. Her left hand wavered when she tried to take the mug and it dropped on the floor, causing a loud smashing sound to be heard.

Yuna bit her lip and crouched down. She started putting aside the small and sharp pieces. Kris bowed to the customers who were watching Yuna in shock. The crash had been really loud. The customers slowly turned back to their drinks and continued talking with whoever they had come to the café with – whether colleagues, clients or friends.

Kris crouched down and helped Yuna pick up the pieces. That was when he noticed Yuna’s left arm.

It was slightly swollen and it kept wavering. He knew that those were the signs that one’s hand was broken. He quickly grabbed Yuna’s hand.

Myungsoo appeared from the workers’ room and he quickly gave the customers their order before helping Yuna and Kris out with the cleaning.

Kris pulled Yuna up and pulled her into the workers’ room, gesturing Myungsoo to keep cleaning. Myungsoo just listened to Kris.

“Did you hurt yourself? Did you get into another fight?” Kris tugged on Yuna’s hand, asking why it was injured.

Yuna averted her eyes.

Yuna couldn’t possibly tell him that she had fell from the balcony since it would need her to tell him how it happened. There was no way she was going to tell him that she had brought Myungsoo home. It wasn’t wrong since she was helping him but she felt that Kris didn’t need to know.

“Answer me!” Kris said in a low and threatening voice.

Yuna looked at him and lied, “It’s nothing, Kris. I just fell while trying to help mom carry her laundry from the second floor.”

Her lie was terrible. Not terrible as in that Kris would not believe her but terrible that she had made Kris hate her mother more and more. Sorry, Kris.

Kris kept a straight face and nodded. Something told Yuna he didn’t entirely believed her but just let it go. Yuna felt relief take over her.

“Just go sit aside. I’ll bring you to see the doctor after work,” Kris told her and stood up, not meeting her eyes.

Yuna could feel that Kris was disappointed and just kept quiet. Kris knew she had lied to him. She felt guilty.

With her head hanging downwards, she walked into the workers’ room and sat there.

---
Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
Yesssss. It's an update. Finally. LOL.
I apologise for not updating for so long and I want to explain why.
I was on a school trip (to Langkawi) and I had been busy when I came back. I realised I had a writer's block and kept finding inspiration but to no avail. This chapter was typed together yesterday with my friend, Celine, since I couldn't type it properly without ruining the intended mood.
I finished typing it today and decided to update loaaaads since it's Kiss Day and I'm having a good day so far.
That's all. Sorry, guys! &&&& OHHH. IT'S KISS DAY.
GUESS WHO I KISSED TODAAAAY. <33333