Beach.

A different love story...

 

They arrived at the beach and Taerin started running around on the sand. Her hair flew in many directions as she held her hand out and felt the cool wind on her cheeks. The wind felt good after a whole day of playing and eating.

“Are you that happy?” Yuna nudged Taerin’s ribs.

“Yah!” she laughed, “Of course, I am! It’s not like I get to go out every day!”

“But you called us deprived!” Yuna complained.

“That’s because; although I don’t go out much, at least I’ve visited theme parks!” Taerin stuck out her tongue at Yuna and closed her eyes again, feeling the wind blow her hair.

“Ahh!” she screamed when her skirt flew.

She quickly held it down, with Yuna’s help. Taerin looked up to see Kris staring, amused.

“Yah! Look away, you ert!” Taerin yelled at Kris who just laughed.

Wow. Kris is actually laughing.Yuna smiled, feeling amazed at how Taerin managed to make people feel happy.

Taerin took out something in her bag and laid it down on the sand. It was a big mat.

“What the- why are you carrying this?” Yuna pointed at the mat with an incredulous look.

“What? You never know when you need something. I just felt like we were going to visit the beach today,” Taerin shrugged.

Yuna raised an eyebrow. Such a weirdo. Yuna shook her head and rolled her eyes.

“Come on! Sit with me, guys!” Taerin called them as she sat on the mat.

Yuna sat on her right while Kris on her left. They all lied down after getting in their right positions.

“Wahh. Look at the moon. It’s a full moon tonight!” Taerin pointed at the moon above them.

It was silent but Taerin heard their chuckles.

They all calmly stared at the sky. Only their slow and steady breaths were heard. They had their own thoughts on their minds.

The silence was interrupted when Taerin spoke up.

“I’m really happy you guys spent your time with me today. I’m really thankful,” Taerin said and smiled, “It was really fun.”

When nobody said anything, Taerin continued, “To be honest, guys, I’ve never, ever, ever went out with my friends. The truth is, I’ve never had proper friends. They’re either unfaithful, not the loyal best friend type or just distant from me. I usually feel lonely at home since my parents are always working and my maids don’t talk much with me. I only spend time with my brother and the maid who does many things for me. She’s very nice and always tells me to call a friend to visit. I’ve never told her I don’t really have one but she probably knows. Sometimes, I feel so sad and depressed that I don’t have a best friend. I want one who would spend time with me, bear with my annoying-ness, accept me for whom I am and fight with me. I don’t want just a person who studies with me or do work with me. And, all the things I look for are in the both of you. You spent your whole day with me and you don’t complain although I know I’m very annoying myself. Yuna’s always fighting with me and it makes me happy. It’s what best friends usually do – fight – but they love each other. I don’t care if you love me or not but… I love you two. We don’t know much about each other, yet, but we can always get to know more. I’m just glad I finally find some people to spend my time with… like any other best friends out there. So… thanks, guys.”

Yuna and Kris didn’t reply because they didn’t know what to say.

Summoning all her courage, Yuna said something all of them didn’t expect.

“I’m really happy too. I had so much fun. This was my first day out with my best friends and I’m glad I really had fun. Thank you for spending your time with me. I really wasn’t planning to do anything today,” Yuna smiled.

Taerin smiled as she felt her eyes grow wet a bit. She was touched that her first group of friends appreciated what she had planned for them.

“I’m usually just at home doing chores or helping halmeoni at the café with Kris. Then, we’ll go to the club to work—” Yuna said but paused, “THE CLUB! KRIS! WE HAVE WORK TODAY! !”

Yuna quickly stood up and panicked. Taerin curiously stared at them.

“Huh? What club?” Taerin asked.

“We work part-time at Inspirit Club every weekend nights! Oh, my goodness! Our manager will KILL us! Let’s goooo!” Yuna pulled Kris who quickly dusted his shirt.

Taerin stood up and raised her hand. Kris quickly folded the mat for them.

“What do you want?” Yuna asked Taerin.

“Let me come! Pleaseeee! I don’t have anything to do. I told the maids I was going to stay at a friend’s house because I didn’t think I wanted to go home,” Taerin told them.

“NO WAY! It’s illegal for you to come in! You’re still underaged!” Yuna pointed at Taerin.

“I know! But, so are you guys! Come on! I wanna come!” Taerin whined.

“NO! We can go in because we’re good at hiding. But, if you come, we might get busted!” Yuna explained.

“Please! I promise I won’t do anything. I just want to watch you do work!” Taerin reasoned.

“Ugh. Fine! But, just sit, okay? And don’t go anywhere! I don’t want you going missing and some weird ahjussi bothers you,” Yuna told her and rolled her eyes.

“Awwww. Look who cares about meeee~,” Taerin poked Yuna’s arm.

“Shut up,” Yuna pushed her hand away and walked towards their bikes.