Best friends' day out.

A different love story...

 

Yuna’s frown deepened as she immediately said, “No way.”

“Aw, come on! Pleaseeeeee!” Taerin pleaded.

“No.”

“Please! I promise you it’ll be fun! I’m paying for everything! See? I already bought the tickets! And they’re express, too!” Taerin waved the tickets in front of Yuna.

Taerin knew Yuna couldn’t refuse now. Kris just watched them with an amused expression. Somehow watching Yuna melting down for Taerin made him happy.

“Ugh. Fine. Okay. Whatever.” Yuna waved it off and got on her bike.

She put her helmet over her head and glanced at Kris who was helping Taerin wear her helmet. Kris wasn’t wearing one. Yuna sighed.

“Wait,” she told them as she went back in the garage.

She came back with a black helmet. She tossed it at Kris who caught it swiftly, but with a shocked expression.

“Hm?” he questioned.

“Wear a helmet for once, please,” she said as she got back on her motorbike.

She pulled the cover of the helmet and started her engine. So did Kris and Taerin. Yuna pressed and accelerated away, followed by Kris, and Taerin who quickly wrapped her arms around Kris at the sudden speed.

---

They quickly arrived at their destination – Lotte World. (I know this place is used a lot but meh, idk any other parks.)

They stepped in the park to see the beautiful view of the rides and haunted houses. Seeing the crowded area made Yuna and Kris frown. Why are there so many people? Taerin smiled widely as she dragged them both around.

“Guys! What should we do?!” Taerin asked them, raising her voice because of the loud surroundings.

“How would we know? We’ve never been here,” Yuna told her.

“WHAT?!?!?! NEVER?! Are you crazy? I bet you’ve never even taken a roller coaster! The both of you are so deprived!” Taerin dramatically gasped and laughed.

Yuna and Kris rolled their eyes, but playfully.

“Come on! I wanna get on a roller coaster!” Taerin happily pulled them to express queue.

They were glad their tickets were express or they would have needed to wait in the other queue that was very long.

After some waiting, it was finally their turn and they got into their seats. They buckled their belts and rested their arms on the armrests. Taerin excitedly shivered in her seat. She couldn’t wait to feel the adrenaline when the coaster moves. Kris and Yuna just chuckled at her and waited for the ride to start.

“ARE YOU READYYY?” a voice loudly asked.

“YESSSS!” some people, including Taerin, yelled.

And with that, the button was pressed and the ride started.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” everybody screamed, both in fear and excitement.

All except Kris and Yuna. But, they had wide smiles on their faces. Taerin’s hand went to Yuna’s and she squeezed it as she screamed out loud when the coaster went down, fast.

Kris just silently observed the view of the park as the coaster moved. They were so high he could get a full view of the park. In the middle of the ride, he heard Yuna’s cheery laughter that was rarely heard. He turned to her and saw the large smile on her face as she giggled and squeezed Taerin’s hand.

Kris softly smiled. Seems like only Taerin is capable of making Yuna at least laugh once in a while.

For the rest of their day at the park, they took many rides and entered many haunted houses. Yuna and Taerin kept bickering about where to go and what to buy while Kris just followed them around. He was happy seeing his two friends having the time of their lives. The way they acted with each other was as if they had been together for years.

Soon, the three got tired and decided to take a seat to rest for a while. Taerin and Yuna were holding hands and jumping around. Yuna seemed to dismiss herself and forget about everything around her as she laughed and jumped.

“Oh my! That was sooooo fun! I wanna ride it again!” Yuna, unexpectedly, squealed.

“Noooo! It was fun but I don’t think I can handle any more of those rides although it was really fun!” Taerin slapped Yuna’s arm, making Yuna slap hers.

Soon, they were slapping each other’s arms.

“Yah. Stop it. Let’s grab something to eat and walk around. Then, we can leave. It’s getting late,” Kris pulled them apart.

Yuna and Taerin laughed and nodded as they walked towards a hotdog stand.

“Three servings please!” Taerin smiled at the man running the stand.

“Wokay!” he replied as he prepared the food.

When it was ready, he served it to the three with a large smile on his face. He handled his customers well.

“Thank you!” Taerin said and bowed.

They ate their breads as they walked around and looked at the shops.

“Wah, look at that. It’s so cute!” Taerin gushed.

“Everything’s cute to you,” Yuna said, full with hotdog and bread, “This is so delicious.”

“I know, right?” Taerin nodded.

Kris wiped his lips with his tissue after finishing his bread and disposed his plastic and tissue into a bin. He saw a shop selling best friend accessories for memories in Lotte World.

“Guys. Let’s go in here,” he stopped and pointed at the shop.

“Wahhh! Let’s go!” Taerin quickly finished her food and entered.

Yuna followed, still munching on her bread.

Kris placed his hands in his pockets and walked around, looking at the things they sold. Taerin pulled Yuna around the shop, gushing at all the pretty things.

“This is cute- ohmygosh! This is beautiful- omoooo, this is so pretty! Ahhh! That is so shiny! Yuna! Yuna! What do you want?! This is so cool!” Taerin pointed at the rings.

Yuna looked at the variety and shook her head, “No rings, please.”

“Awwwww! Whyyyy?” Taerin whined.

“Rings don’t go with me. I might bend it when I try to punch things,” Yuna finished her food and threw the plastic in the bin next to her.

“Ohhh. Right! Hmm. We’ll just buy the rings and tie a string to it. So, you don’t put it on your fingers but around your neck instead – like a necklace!” Taerin suggested.

“I guess that’s good,” Yuna shrugged.

Taerin cheered and picked the nice rings. She chose two for each of them and went to get other things. She spotted the nice t-shirts and grabbed them. She grabbed a handful of bracelets and finally said that she was done.

Kris and Yuna stared at her pile with their mouths hanging open.

“What?” Taerin asked.

“Isn’t that too much?” they pointed at her stuff.

“Oh, whatever. I’m buying them for my relatives. My parents told me they’re visiting tomorrow,” Taerin smiled and put all the things on the counter.

The cashier raised an eyebrow at Taerin and scanned the things. She told her the price and Taerin gave her credit card. The cashier swiped it and returned the credit card and Taerin’s stuff.

After walking some more, they decided to leave the park since it was already 8pm.

“I don’t wanna go home yet,” Taerin whined, walking down the road to their bikes.

“Me too, actually,” Kris nodded.

They both looked at Yuna who shrugged, “Whatever. I’m in no rush.”

“Okay. Where should we go?” Taerin asked.

“How about… the beach?” Yuna suggested.

Seeing the hopeful look on Yuna’s face, they agreed.