Smiles.

A different love story...

IU & Yoo Seungho - I Believe In Love

---

“You should smile more,” Myungsoo told her, looking at her with a small smile playing on his lips.

“Why?” Yuna asked.

They had been talking slightly more after the whole time sitting at the bus stop while walking to nowhere in particular – just walking.

Things were getting easier and less awkward. Yuna just felt like talking and she wasn’t sure why. Myungsoo had that kind of impact on her that made her do things that she never thought she would do but the strong want in her just made her do so. She didn’t feel bad about it, though.

“Because.. people who smile more live longer,” he quoted.

Yuna couldn’t help but let out a scoff at his words although it didn’t sound bitter, “You really wanna use that quote? It’s so common that it barely has an impact on me.”

Myungsoo made a face, “At least I tried.”

“Mhm..” Yuna sighed and looked down, thinking back about what had happened throughout the whole day.

They didn’t do much but it felt long. The many feelings she had felt; the many times she almost wanted to cry from the overwhelming feeling of care – it was sure to stick to her for long. It wasn’t a memory she wanted to forget.

“I had nice time today,” Yuna said.

“Really? Me too,” Myungsoo simply replied.

“It feels weird, doesn’t it?” Yuna chuckled.

“I thought I was the only one feeling that,” Myungsoo laughed a bit.

“Well, you thought wrong. It’s weird for me too. It’s weird yet…” she trailed off.

“Perfect, right?” Myungsoo continued for her and smiled up at the sky.

Yuna paused before answering, “Yes. It feels so perfect. There’s this feeling lingering… It’s hard to tell what it is but it’s nice. Like, I’m so happy that.. I actually have someone now. And it’s not a dream. Nor is it temporary. I mean.. you’ll stay comfortable with me like this.. right?”

She expectantly looked at at Myungsoo.

There was a long pause and Yuna almost felt like he was going to say no. Her hope was wavering and she thought she was going to cry. She had been too expectant, she thought.

But, her train of thoughts was interrupted when he said, “Yes. I think so. I hope. Well, at least.. I want us to stay like this.”

The sense of relief came over her heart and she smiled.

---

They stopped walking at Mamamia Café.

“You gonna grab a drink?” Yuna asked him casually, not planning to tell him she worked there.

She just felt like she shouldn’t.

“Uh, nope. I have something to do here. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, then?” he smiled.

Yuna then realized that she had to tell him she worked there one way or another. It wasn’t like she was embarrassed or anything. It just felt right not to tell him. But, now that he had told her that he had to do something at the café, Yuna had no choice but to tell him since she wasn’t going to wait for God knows how long before he left the café. She wasn’t going to waste that time and it isn’t worth it anyway. There’s nothing special or embarrassing to hide. It was just her instincts telling her not to tell him.

But, anyway, she opened and said, “Ah, nope. I work here. And I should be reporting in at this time, anyway.”

She looked at her watch that said 3.30pm.

Her plans to help out at the café earlier had been cancelled since she had spent the day with Myungsoo.

“Oh? You work here? Well then. How convenient,” Myungsoo chuckled.

Yuna just smiled, “Yep. Um, let’s go in.”

Myungsoo nodded and opened the door for her. Yuna walked in and thanked him a bit before heading for the counter.

“Halmeoni, annyeong,” she softly said to Mrs. Lee who was making coffee.

“Eh. You’re here. Kris said he’ll be late. Shouldn’t you be with him?” she asked.

“Nah. I didn’t go to school today. And he probably has something to talk with his mom,” Yuna replied.

“Ah, I see- Eh, Myungsoo-ah!” Mrs. Lee gasped and walked towards Myungsoo, pulling him into a hug of which Myungsoo gladly accepted.

Yuna’s eyes widened.

“Ah. I miss you so much. I’m glad you’re here,” she ruffled his hair.

He made a face and fixed it. Mrs. Lee just chuckled at his reaction.

“You’re all grown up and handsome now, aren’t you?” she teased.

“Halmeoni..!” he whined.

Yuna blinked. Now that’s a rare sight.

“Ah. I almost forgot. Yuna, this is my grandson, Kim Myungsoo,” she introduced.

“Halmeoni. My name is L!” he whined again.

“Keep quiet. What kind of person names himself after a letter? And Kim Myungsoo is a nice name. I picked it for you,” she slapped his hand lightly.

“Fine, fine. Whatever,” he jokingly rolled his eyes.

Mrs. Lee just smiled and turned to Yuna, “Our Myungsoo here will be working at this café with you and Kris. He’ll be a permanent worker until he decides to stop working so, treat him well, okay?”

Yuna nodded.

“It’s okay, halmeoni. We know each other from school,” Myungsoo explained.

“Oh, really? That’s good, then! You guys would be good friends!” Mrs. Lee gushed and continued making her coffee.

Yuna and Myungsoo awkwardly laughed.

Mrs. Lee paused her work and said, “Myungsoo-ah. Go in and set your stuff down. Then, start preparing the lunch snacks. Remember what I’ve taught you when you were younger? Don’t forget that you cannot put it in the oven. We only do that when we get the order, okay?”

“Okay. I remember what you taught me. I’ll go start on my work now,” Myungsoo walked into the “kitchen” (that was actually pretty much the workers’ room) and started doing as told.

Yuna smiled and watched the two communicate.

“You’re smiling an awful lot today,” Mrs. Lee stared at her with teasing eyes.

Yuna looked at her in surprise, “What?”

“I saw the two of you outside just now. You were smiling and laughing so much. Is there anything going on between the two of you that I don’t know?” Mrs. Lee smiled a teasing smile.

“W-what?” Yuna’s face became mortified, “No way! That won’t happen!”

“See? You’re reacting so much and talking quite a lot, too,” Mrs. Lee teased more.

“Ah, halmeoni, stop!” Yuna smiled, embarrassed, and looked down.

Mrs. Lee kept poking her sides while teasing her more and more, making her smile even wider. Mrs. Lee liked seeing that expression on her face.

A tall guy, Kris, walked out from the workers’ room and stared at the two with a weird look.

“What’s he doing in there?” he pointed his thumb at the door.

Mrs. Lee stopped teasing Yuna and smiled at Kris, “He’s my grandson and your new colleague.”

Kris blinked, surprised. Of course, he would be. A person from school has now unofficially entered his and Yuna’s private life. He will now watch their actual behaviours. Kris might like knowing the fact that people thought decently of him and Yuna but the fact that they were known to be “cold” and “harsh” was actually likeable to him. He didn’t like attention.

Whatever it is, he refused to put in too much thought so he just shrugged and took over what Mrs. Lee was doing while sending her to rest or something in the workers’ room.

He spotted Yuna’s soft smile while she was looking at Mrs. Lee who was happily limping in the room.

---

A smile is a powerful weapon - you can even break ice with it.

Yep. double update, guys! :D slightly longer but probably only because it's mostly dialogues and not description.
and I don't think I need to explain the quote, right? :D
Anyhoo, hope you guys like it. & sorry if I don't reply to comments; kinda busy here.
Thanks for reading!