I know how you feel.

A different love story...

Kris had left earlier when he got a call from his mom who told him that she just arrived back in Korea. He apologised to Yuna for not being able to send her home but Yuna just waved it off and told him to send Taerin home for her. Kris, who felt guilty for letting Yuna go home alone, agreed.

It was only Yuna left at the bar. The club wasn’t as busy as other days, weirdly enough, but she still had to wait for the next worker to take her shift. He was taking longer than usual. Yuna impatiently looked around as she wiped the drink that spilled out from the customers’ glasses.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, her co-worker, Zhimin, who was Chinese, pushed the back door open and walked in.

“Hey. Sorry I’m late. Had some stuff to tend to,” he explained as he grabbed another towel and started wiping, too.

“It’s fine. Wash the remaining glasses and don’t fall asleep like last time,” Yuna reminded and tossed her cloth away and walked into the back room.

She changed into her normal clothes and tied her hair up, feeling hot. The temperature was high that night since it was the summer season anyway.

She grabbed her bag and fixed herself in the mirror before leaving from the door at the alleyway. As she walked, she noticed a figure leaning against the wall but hunching frontwards. He looked like he was in pain. She saw him cough furiously and liquid spurting out of his mouth. Her eyes widened.

She rushed towards him and pulled his face up to scrutinize him.

She could literally feel her heart drop when she saw who it was. L.

Her left hand that was holding his head felt wet. She slowly looked at it and gasped at the amount of blood covering it. She turned to Myungsoo and looked at his weak state.

She tried to stay calm and breathed in and out as she put his arm around her neck and started to help him walk towards her house. The blood stained her shirt. She didn’t know where he lived so she didn’t really have a choice. She was contemplating to go to the hospital but decided against it, knowing it would be too much work. She wasn’t going to waste time on this boy.

Her body ached so much on the way. After some time, she arrived at the front door of her house. She knew her mother was still awake, hearing the loud TV noises coming from inside. She cursed and looked at Myungsoo, thinking of what she should do.

Then, a brilliant idea hit her. She grinned a bit and looked up at the balcony of her room. She spotted the old ladder she had from years ago and quickly limped towards it while still supporting Myungsoo’s weight.

She carefully dropped him aside and adjusted the ladder properly so it was safe enough to climb.

She then carried Myungsoo up again and paused in front of the ladder, thinking of her next move. She bit her lip before putting him behind her. She squeezed his arms and whispered quietly, “Hold on tight. Don’t let go, please.”

She felt him nod and she smiled a bit when his arms grip around her tighter. She took a deep breath before climbing up.

She helped Myungsoo climb over into her balcony as he dropped on the floor, feeling weak. Yuna climbed, too, and fell down beside him. She realized that she had made too much noise with the thumping when she heard her mother’s footsteps going up the stairs.

“!” she cursed and quickly pulled Myungsoo under her bed.

“Stay here!” she whispered and quickly ran back to the ladder and climbed down.

She was planning to climb all the way down but her mom beat her to it and opened the door. She stopped moving, afraid of getting caught. She heard the footsteps go around the room and gulped. L might get caught!

Yuna heard her books fall. Mom’s trying to mess up all my stuff again! When she heard glass shatter, she gasped and lost grip of the ladder. Right then, she fell down on the floor, landing on the right side of her body.

She groaned but then heard footsteps coming towards the balcony.

She ignored the excruciating pain and quickly pulled the ladder away and hid so that her mother wouldn’t be able to find her. She bit her lip from screaming.

Fixing herself, she used her jacket to cover the stains on her shirt and knocked on the door, her injured hand safely tugged in her jacket.

She made sure not to move it too much so as not to hurt it.

The door finally opened, revealing her mother. She bowed and walked in.

“Where’s your key?!” she snapped.

“I forgot to bring it..” Yuna quietly replied as she bowed again and went up to her room.

From upstairs, she heard her mother nag and nag and nag. But, she was too tired to care anymore.

She threw her bag aside and locked her door. Yuna peeped under her bed to see L lying there, unconscious. She took in a sharp breath and slowly pulled him out, completely ignoring the pain in her left arm.

She placed him on her bed and ran to get a towel and wet it a bit in the bathroom. She gently wiped the blood off his face and the dirt on his hands and neck.

She dazed while wiping the dirt and blood, thinking about nothing in particular; just the normal things she thought of nearly every night – her feelings. It was like a habit – torturing herself by thinking of all the things she hated in the world. It felt so painful yet relieving; as if it took off some burden she held on her shoulders.

She felt a hand hers. Her eyes widened and she turned to Myungsoo. His tender eyes were staring right into hers.

“You’re not okay,” he said.

If he wasn’t who he was, Yuna would’ve thought he meant that she had mental issues or something. But, coming from him, it was just full of care and concern. It made her feel warm. His words were true and he really did mean it, as if he really understood her. The words didn’t sound like it was just drunk talk.

Yuna blinked at him with her emotionless face. So many feelings and thoughts were going on in her but it was too easy to avoid it being showed.

He continued after the long pause, “I’ve always noticed that look on your face. I’ve been watching so much that I know and can tell that it’s a look that shows that you’re thinking of something – a feeling. A feeling that you feel each day and you can’t seem to get rid of it or even forget about it. It’s been there for so long and has grown to be so much stronger than it was when you started feeling it. Almost.. Almost too long.”

Yuna felt tears forming in her eyes.

His words – it was so touching.

He could tell right through her. He was so weird and different and it’s not even in a bad way. He must have been through a lot, too. She thought to herself.

He was the only person who could understand her, besides Kris. But, even if he was compared to Kris, Kris still wasn’t as understanding or maybe he just wasn’t blunt enough to tell Yuna that he knew how she felt. Either way, she just felt like Myungsoo was special.

He wasn’t like other people. He wasn’t fake or anything. Yuna never liked it when people pry into her life and act as if they really know how she felt. And it wasn’t like that for Myungsoo at all. He really just knew. Anyone could tell that he really knew how a person felt; anyone could tell that he could feel what others felt. And this.. this made him different.

He now held a special space in her heart – only because he was that understanding.

It had only been the second conversation they had struck, but it was just as successful as the first.

The difference this time is that.. Yuna wasn’t going to make the both of them forget it – simply because it was special. It made her happy. For the first time in a long, long time.

Of course it would. The person she had always been waiting for has finally arrived.

---
New poster!
And I've decided to add something after every end of the chapter - a special quote. 8D
Idk why. LOL. I think these quotes mean so much.
And the quotes for each chapters are supposed to highlight what the feeling behind the chapter was about. LOL.
Aaaaand, quote of the day:

Many people are lonely only because they build walls instead of bridges.
Hahaha, yes. It's the quote from the new poster. 8D
There was another quote but I thought that maybe I could use it for future chapters so.. ya.
Thanks for reading!