Kim Myungsoo

A different love story...

 

7 boys drove down the busy roads of Seoul. The music was turned up loud and they car looked like there was a club in it.

“JUST A FEW MORE MINUTES GUUUUYS!” yelled the leader, Kim Sunggyu.

The boys howled and cheered upon hearing that.

They were on the way to a club – Inspirit Club – to party for the night. It was their last day before enrolling into Woollim High, when all the fun of studying starts again. Boohoohoo. After their little fight at SM High, the boys were told to enroll to a different school because they had apparently caused shame for the school. They weren’t exactly upset about it. They hated SM High anyway. The boys there had always felt intimidated by them and so always caused them trouble but because they were rich and smart, they had always won against Infinite.

Myungsoo stared at his brothers jumping and singing to the beat of the song and shook his head before looking out the window. He thought they acted like dorks and so out of what everyone thought they were. He liked it though – them being real and not fake to amuse others.

They finally arrived at Inspirit Club. They cheered and excitedly jumped out of the car. Fixing themselves, they coolly nodded at the guards and entered. The two guards just bowed at them and let them enter. Since Sunggyu’s father owned the club, it didn’t matter how old they were, they could enter the club whenever they’d like to. His father, who treated them like his own sons but stricter, just told them not to get too drunk or they’ll be grounded from stepping into any club until they turned legal. He was that powerful and influential.

As soon as they stepped into the club, they were greeted by music, cheers and girls. They gave them seductive looks, although fully knowing that they were older than the boys. It wasn’t like the boys didn’t like noonas though.

Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungyeol excitedly went to greet the girls while Sungjong and Hoya went to the dance floor to join the dance battle. Sunggyu shook his head, amused at how excited they were, and went to greet his girlfriend, Jeon Jiyoon. They waved and gave each other a hug before ordering a drink for each other.

They had always been a sweet and loyal couple, despite being away from each other for months.

Myungsoo, seeing that he had nothing else to do, since he really wasn’t interested in partying, went to the bar and ordered a drink.

---

Although it was a Wednesday, Yuna was called to fill in a shift because one of the bartenders had other errands to attend to. Yuna was, of course, annoyed and pissed since she was planning to hang out with Kris at his house with a movie or something.

It felt like her manager was purposely making her work to stay away from Kris. After all, her manager had a noona crush on Kris and was technically jealous that Yuna was always with him, although she knew that they really had no other relationship besides being best friends.

She angrily slammed the glass that she just wiped on the table.

“Excuse me. Can I please have a coke?” Yuna heard a person say.

She looked up to meet the eyes of a serious-looking person. Her eyes narrowed at him. He seemed too familiar – the aura he had; the look on his face; the way his eyes stared at hers. She furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought.

“Hello? Did you hear what I just said?” Myungsoo asked, getting annoyed.

Yuna clenched her fist. She felt that the guy had been rude to her.

“Yes, sir,” she said with her teeth clenched, trying to keep a friendly tone although it really didn’t sound like she was succeeding.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, making her even more pissed. She had no patience for people like this.

She turned around and roughly poured the coke into a glass and slammed it on the table, making Myungsoo stare at her with the “what-the-hell-is-her-problem” stare. Yuna rolled her eyes and turned around to wipe more glasses. She really didn’t feel like arguing with anyone. She had to keep the job.

Myungsoo curiously stared at Yuna do her work roughly with a pissed look on her face. What the hell is wrong with her? He thought to himself.

He watched Yuna angrily slapped away the customer’s hand that was rubbing on hers and rudely offer the drink he ordered. The customer just laughed and went back to the dance floor to join his friends again.

---

It was nearing 1am and Myungsoo was called to go home. He paid the money for his drinks and went out with the others. While waiting for Sunggyu’s driver to fetch them all, he noticed the girl earlier walking out of the club with a pissed off face.

He watched as she continued to search for something in her bag and finally take out a phone. She dialed a number and softly talked to it. Once she was done, she threw her phone back into her bag and waited.

Her face looked blank as she stared on the road. She was zoning out.

Finally, a motorcycle stopped in front of her and the guy on it took off his helmet, revealing his messy but nice hair. Yuna put on his helmet and climbed behind him. She hugged onto his waist and the guy drove off.

Myungsoo decided to ignore what he saw and just waited for Sunggyu’s car. Probably her boyfriend or something.

All the 7 of them climbed into the car when it arrived.

And that was our ice prince, Kim Myungsoo, who depended on his friends for at least some happiness.