A date with best friends.

A different love story...

 

It was Sunday morning, the day Yuna dreaded to come any time soon.

Yesterday had been a tiring day for her. After the awkward moments with Myungsoo, they waved goodbye at each other and went their own ways. They didn’t ask for each other’s numbers or told each other to keep in contact. They just.. went away. Like what Myungsoo had said – for them to act as if they never talked or met before. Things were much better this way.

Today was the day Yuna was going out with Taerin and Kris.

She didn’t want to go, but she knew she had to. One way or another, Taerin was going to get her out of bed.

There was some furious knocking going on on her door. Yuna groaned and grunted before getting up and opening the door. It was her mom.

“Your friend’s here to see you,” she coldly told Yuna and walked away.

Yuna sighed as she grabbed her jacket and put it over her pyjamas. Must be Taerin.

But she was wrong; it was Kris. He smiled at her when she arrived downstairs.

“Where’s Taerin?” Yuna asked, curious.

“Here!” Taerin laughed as she jumped out from behind Kris.

Kris was so tall he could hide Taerin. Taerin giggled her eye smile and tugged on Yuna’s hand.

“What do you want?” Yuna tried pulling her hand back, but to no avail.

“We’re going out, remember?” Taerin blinked.

“Uh, yeah. But, gimme time to go change? This is my pyjamas for God’s sake,” Yuna sighed, exasperated.

Kris smiled a bit and took Taerin’s hand off Yuna’s.

“We’ll wait here. So, hurry,” he calmly told her.

Yuna rolled her eyes but obeyed anyway.

Kris pulled Taerin to his motorbike and they both sat there in silence, waiting for Yuna.

30 minutes passed but Yuna never returned.

“Does she always take this long to get ready?” Taerin asked curiously.

“.. No. Her mom’s probably making her finish chores before she can go out,” Kris explained.

Taerin gasped, “Yuna has to do chores?”

“.. Yeah?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

He wondered why Taerin thought it was so weird for Yuna to be doing chores. Taerin noticed his questioning look and decided to explain to him.

“Well.. she doesn’t look like she has parents who make her do chores or anything. My parents always make me study. They tell me not to worry about other things but myself. But, of course, they say it so easily because we have maids to clean our house,” Taerin told him.

Kris nodded. So that was why she was so surprised.

“Well.. then, maybe Yuna’s good at hiding. She doesn’t tell people much and what you think of her might not necessarily be what she is. She’s amazing – she could hide all the sadness with just a smile, although you’ll still manage to figure out that she’s not that happy a person. People usually think she’s angry but, in reality, she’s just mad the world isn’t such a fair place for everyone,” Kris explained.

All these facts made Taerin’s eyes widen.

She knew the world could be cruel and that it wasn’t such a fair place but it was how things just were. Taerin thought about Kris’s words for a while.

“Well.. I think.. I think that Yuna is just a girl who lacks the feeling of love. Because of that, her character and attitude might not be like other people. She’s just an icy, cold-hearted person waiting for someone to come into her life and melt it. She’s not the type to take the first step, she waits for people because she wants to make sure they’re sincere and really care. That’s that I think of Yuna,” Taerin smiled.

Kris heard the sincerity and care in Taerin’s voice. He smiled. He didn’t make the wrong choice. Taerin understood Yuna’s nature and she was perfect to be the girl best friend Yuna needed.

Just then, the door to Yuna’s house opened, revealing Yuna.

“Ugh, come on guys, let’s go,” Yuna said.

As they all turned to get on the bike, they suddenly noticed something.

“Eh? There’s only one bike. And one bike is for two people….” Taerin blinked.

Yuna sighed.

“Why are you two so stupid? Ugh, never mind. I’ll just use my own bike,” Yuna rolled her eyes and went to get her bike in the garage.

“Eh? But, she can ride a motorbike?” Taerin asked.

Kris nodded.

“Woahhh,” Taerin’s mouth widened as she gaped at the nice motorbike Yuna pulled out.

“Meet… Jamee,” Kris smiled.

“It’s a girl!” Taerin laughed.

“She’s Yuna’s treasured possession. She hardly takes out Jamee for rides and just ride on mine when she needed to go anywhere,” Kris explained.

“It’s so nice!” Taerin reached out to touch the motorbike, only to have her hand slapped away by Yuna.

“Don’t touch her!” Yuna snapped.

“I’m sorry!” Taerin repeatedly apologised as she bowed.

Yuna softened.

“Okay. Don’t need to apologise so much..” Yuna replied, feeling guilty that Taerin felt so bad when Yuna had actually overreacted a little bit.

“Okay. So where are we going?” Yuna asked, getting on her bike.

Kris got on his and Taerin sat behind him, placing her arms on his shoulders. Yuna refused to let Taerin on her bike, making Taerin pout but went with it anyways.

Taerin laughed and excitedly told them, “We’re going to the amusement park~!”