Chapter Four

Forbidden Feelings

Trailer

Hara’s POV

I wasn’t supposed to be out in this kind of weather, at least not with the thin clothing I was wearing. The wicked chilly wind was sending cold shivers down my spine and making the end of my hair stand up but I didn’t care.

And I certainly didn’t care if people shot me curious stares, wondering what was wrong with this girl just sitting by quietly beside a 3 month old tombstone, not weeping but not laughing either.

Emotionless, like my soul has been ripped apart from my body; as I crouched down and stared silently at the name which had been engraved beautifully on the gravestone.

Choi Jong Hun.

Beloved son and friend.

I felt my breath getting caught in my throat as I read the second sentence.

He died saving a friend. He died protecting me.

The selfish me who didn’t realised how pure his love was, until he left me forever.

And he wasn’t coming back.

“You’re going to catch a cold if you keep coming here wearing that every time,” a deep voice spoke up from behind.

I looked up startled by the sudden interruption and came eye to eye with the stranger whom I had grown accustomed to due to his frequent visits.

“Woo Young,” I called out faintly. “When did you reach here?”

“A while ago. I just stood nearby to observe you,” he answered as he squatted down beside me and placed a bouquet of white flowers near the gravestone.

I watched him silently as he said some prayers for his long gone cousin.

Yes. His cousin which I completely had no idea about.

“Have you been here since morning Hara?” he asked suddenly, his eyes still fixed on Jong Hun’s name.

“Huh? Oh, nay,” I answered slowly. “I’ve got nothing to do anyway.”

He scoffed at my answer in response.

“I’ve been hearing that for a few weeks now. Seriously, you shouldn’t do this to yourself.”

“Wae? Is it wrong for me to show my love for him?” I argued.

“I didn’t say it was wrong. I’m just...”

“Is it wrong for me to be grieving over my best friend who died because of me?”

I couldn’t hold it back any longer. My guilty conscience was tearing me apart. I glanced to my right side and levelled him with a stare.

He opened his mouth to say something but decided against it. We sat there in silence for a whole of 5 minutes.

 “Look Hara,” he finally spoke up. “You know I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just that, I know Jong Hun. He wouldn’t want to see you punish yourself in this kind of manner.”

“I didn’t deserve his love...” my lips started quivering but I know I wouldn’t cry anymore.

There were no more tears left inside of me. I’ve drained up every single drop of it when I held Jong Hun for the last time in my arms. When I had to bid my last farewell for him; I was done crying.

“He loved you sincerely. You shouldn’t question that.”

I felt Woo Young’s arm draping across my shoulder and he pulled me closer to him. And I didn’t pull away, not because I enjoyed it; but at that point of time, I really needed a shoulder to lean on.

I’ve lost Jong Hun; I’ve given up on everything. My life, my studies, my fiancé...

Min Ho didn’t come looking for me anymore after I called off our wedding. I knew he was just as upset about our best friend’s death; but he didn’t have to deal with it like I do. He doesn’t have that kind of sadness in his competitive self. He isn’t able to grief over the loss like I do.

For the first time ever, I’ve finally realised just how far apart our differences are.

“Let’s not think about this anymore okay? Let’s promise each other that we will move on with our lives so that Jong Hun can rest peacefully. Alright?” he held out his hand for me to shake.

I stared at it for a moment before taking it slowly with my right hand and gave it a weak shake.

Woo Young was right. This was the least I could do for Jong Hun.

 

She doesn’t know. She doesn’t even realise his presence all these while.

He had been following her around quietly, going to places that she went to. Not that she had gone to anywhere else except for here, visiting Jong Hun every single day without fail.

Even though they had been in love once, he doesn’t understand her at all. Why must she put herself through all these pain? It wasn’t like she could do anything to change the past.

And that guy, who is he? Why is it that he comes here to visit regularly and they ended up getting close?

And now he’s holding her, he’s hugging her. The worst part is that she isn’t even budging away.

He clenched his fists tightly by the sides, his knuckles turning white as he fumed in anger.

Was he the reason why Hara wasn’t going to give him another chance? Was it because of him Hara had called off the wedding?

He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know the answer but he knows he has to do something if he doesn’t want to lose her for the second time.

 

* okay. idk why writing this Hara+WooYoung story, I'm getting attracted to him bcos of the character I made him be. Gahh, shouldn't mess up my bias list for 2PM