Don't Throw Me Away

Forbidden Feelings

Prologue ;

“Now I know why Jong Hun was so smitten with you.”

She rose up an eyebrow questioningly at the new gentleman whom she had just gotten to know recently. It was just a simple offhand remark but somehow, everything that comes out from his mouth managed to sound intriguing.

 But then, he was full of surprises. Even meeting him was a surprise. She didn’t know he used to be a really close friend of Jong Hun. The latter have never spoken a word about him before.

“You have this unmistakable aura around you,” he continued casually. “You lift up the spirits of those around you without realising.”

She gave him a warm smile.

“If you told me that before, I would’ve believed you. But after...” she couldn’t bring herself to complete her sentence. “I’ve changed I guess,” she shrugged.

“I feel at lost too,” he said softly. “Even though we drifted apart as we were growing up, Jong Hun was the closest cousin to me.”

“It’s all my fault,” she murmured. “If he didn’t...”

“Shh. It wasn’t your fault,” he said quietly as he placed his hand on top of hers. “Jong Hun wouldn’t want you to blame yourself.”

She didn’t say anything else or pulled her hand away from his. She just stared down solemnly at the tombstone where Jong Hun’s name was engraved neatly on it.

She traced the letters with her frail finger delicately. It still felt so new, so fresh. Like it had just happened yesterday.

She wasn’t going to cry anymore; she’s used up all her tears at his burial ceremony. She’s done crying when she told Min Ho she couldn’t go through with the wedding.

It was Jong Hun’s last wish. He had wanted her to proceed with the wedding. But she couldn’t bring herself to grant it.

As she stood there silently, with her hand still grasped tightly in his; she didn’t notice the lone figure which had been watching her from just now.

Min Ho couldn’t tear his eyes away from the pair of them. They seemed too close for two strangers who had just met recently.

She told him she wasn’t ready, she told him not to wait for her. She wasn’t sure if she could ever feel the same way, she had pushed him away.

But what was she doing now with this new guy, standing so close together with her hand in his grip?

He shook his head in disbelief. He was going to get Hara back, at all costs.