22.

Forbidden Feelings

 

“Is everything okay?”

Jong Hyun watches his wife carefully as Gyu Ri choked slightly on the drink that she was sipping. Wiping off the corner of with her thumb, she looked up at Jong Hyun and gave him an awkward stare.

“Everything’s fine,” she said simply, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. “Why do you ask?”

Plucking a magazine up from the nearby bedside drawer, Jong Hyun flipped through the pages casually.

“Oh well, I don’t know. Is there anything that you would like to tell me?”

Gyu Ri set the glass that she was holding onto down on the dresser table, a little bit too hard; making a loud clang sound. Tucking a few strands of her golden locks behind her ear, she stared at Jong Hyun directly in the eye and gave him a bewildered look.

“Just what are you trying to say?”

“You and Jae Joong hyung...you guys have gotten closer, haven’t you?” he challenged her evenly and dropped his eyes back to the magazine pages; as though the articles inside it really interest him.

“W-what?” Gyu Ri stammered, averting her gaze away from him suddenly. “I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

Jong Hyun scoffed in response.

“Which part don’t you understand? The part where you have dinner with him instead of waiting for me? Or when both of you stay up late at night to watch movies together? Or during those times when I heard giggles and whispering in the kitchen in the wee hours of morning?”

“Stop it Jong Hyun! You’ve got this all wrong!” Gyu Ri raised her voice, her eyes flashing with anger as her head whipped back around to face him.

“Well why don’t you tell me what is right?” Jong Hyun demanded, throwing the magazine away onto the floor angrily. “Because right now, from what I can see, both of you are flirting shamelessly in my presence!”

“You’re seldom home Jong Hyun! And when you finally come home, you always go straight to bed and refusing to eat the food I’ve prepared for you!” Gyu Ri shot back, the tears already visible in her eyes. “And I don’t plan on watching movies with your brother. It just happened a few times unintentionally. And, those giggles you heard? They are just your illusion!”

Pushing herself off the bed roughly, she stood up abruptly in frustration.

“Don’t accuse me of things I didn’t do Kim Jong Hyun,” she told him in a wavering voice, holding her chin up slightly as not to admit defeat.

Don’t accuse me of something that hasn’t happened yet, she thought silently.

“Gyu Ri...” he started guiltily and made a move to get up too but she held up her hand to stop him.

“I need some time alone,” she said and walked over towards the big walk-in closet that they shared. Jong Hyun watched her in silence, expecting her to throw his stuffs out but surprisingly, she took out a small luggage and filled it in with her own clothes.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll come back when I’m ready to,” she said simply, ignoring his question totally. “Don’t come looking for me until then.”

“Gyu Ri, don’t do this,” he begged and sauntered over towards her. “I’m sorry okay? I shouldn’t have said that...I know...”

Zipping up the black luggage, she threw on her trench coat over herself and brushed past Jong Hyun in a disappointed manner; leaving him behind without another word.

 

Still halfway across to Nicole’s house where she would be spending the rest of her ‘alone’ time, her phone vibrated on the passenger seat next to her,  indicating that she has a call.

Plucking it up gingerly, Gyu Ri was ready to press the switch off button; tired of having to entertain anymore of Jong Hyun’s calls.

But the number she saw on the screen made her froze momentarily, her thumb lingering on the answer icon. With a reluctant heart, she slides it across and pressed the earpiece to her ear.

“Hello?”

“Gyu Ri, where are you?” Jae Joong’s breathless voice came on the other end. “Tell me where you are right now.”

Oppa...” she answered meekly, trying very hard to keep her concentration on the road in front of her. “It’s okay...”

“No it’s not,” Jae Joong answered urgently. Gyu Ri could hear his low breathing loud and clear in her ear and it was making her feel somewhat nervous.

“I’m just spending a few nights at a friend’s house, okay? I’ll be home soon,” she assured him, anxious to end the call already. Hearing his voice was almost...unbearable.

After a few passing seconds, Jae Joong’s worried voice came on again.

“You better make sure you come home soon, you hear me? Or I’ll go and find you personally,” he said seriously.

“Okay...”

“I want you to be home soon Gyu Ri. I need you.”

And then, all that she could hear was a click sound.

 

Hey readers! How have all of you been? I've missed you guys so much xD It's been so long since I last updated this story, I'm so so sorry :( Inspirations haven't really been hitting me :/ Well, I hope you'll guys leave me some comments so that I know that there are still people reading this and telling me that they still love this ;P

And new subscribers, thank you! I hope you enjoy this story so far :) <3