Chapter Five

Forbidden Feelings

Trailer

Ji Young’s POV

“Ji Youngie, I have something for you.”

I looked up from the vanilla ice cream I was and turned to my right side where Tae Min was sitting beside me with his own chocolate flavoured ice cream in his left hand.

“What is it?” I peered at him curiously.

He reached his free hand inside his worn out backpack and took out a fluffy white teddy bear.

“This is for you,” he said as he handed over the bear towards me.

I took it from him with a wide grin on my face. Tae Min knew I adored these kind of stuffed toys but then...

“What’s the occasion?” I asked him while I fussed over my new gift.

“Well, things haven’t been easy for you recently,” he said slowly.

Immediately the smile was wiped off from my face and was replaced with a sad frown.

“And I just wanted to cheer you up,” he said quickly, sensing the sudden change in me. “I just want to see you smile again.”

I could feel the corner of my lips itching to curve up into a smile but I held it back.

“And there’s something else you should know...” he continued.

“What is it now?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“I have to leave Korea for awhile. I have to go overseas for a study trip.”

My heart sank as his words keep echoing in my mind.

I have to leave Korea for awhile...

For how long?” I whispered.

“60 days,” he replied solemnly.

“60 days?” I choked. “That’s a long time.”

“Well, it really isn’t you know. If you count it by month, it’s only 2 months and...Okay, it’s quite a long period,” he twisted his words when he noticed the bewildered look on my face.

“Can you not go?” I asked him desperately.

I was being selfish here, I’m aware of that. But, I just couldn’t imagine my days without Tae Min near me. He’s been the one to hold my hand when I had to get through my darkest moments.

He’s always been there to look after me and give me words of encouragement, especially after Seung Hyun..

“I’m really sorry. Please, I beg for your understanding. I don’t have any other choice here,” Tae Min tried to convince me.

When he saw that I was still frozen in my seat not giving him any answer, he got up and knelt down in front of me placing his hands on top of mine.

“I promise. Just 60 days. Not more than that. And when I return, everything will still stay the same,” he said softly.

I looked down at our hands and let out a defeated sigh. As I gazed into his warm innocent eyes, I knew I could never disappoint this simple yet sincere boy in front of me.

“Okay fine. Just 2 months. And you’re right, it’s a bit better to count it by month,” I cringed.

His face lit up into a bright smile as he jumped up to give me a big hug.

“Thank you! You don’t know how much this means to me. And when I return, I’ll give you a bigger present than this big teddy bear,” he told me cheerfully.

I just smiled amusingly at his reaction.

Tae Min is such an easy person to please. It takes little for him to be contented, yet it took me long enough to realise his presence.

And I’m lucky enough to have him by my side.

 

*okay, I know this was kinda short :/ I always have a hard time with beginnings. Really sorry about that. And I have another thing to apologise for beforehand.

I know majority if not all of you here are major SHINra shippers (I am too. Big fan). But for this fic, some of them may not end up as SHINee + KARA couple. I tend to do things that are not an obvious choice, something different. So, I'd totally understand it if you guys don't want to continue reading this story of mine. I'm sorry :(

& Plainsha ; idk. I imagine Wooyoung as this cheerful yet very caring and protective of Hara. Yeah, he's going to be the one who cheers her up and all that. Perhaps thats why I'm noticing him in a diff way now. And he's pretty humorous too in real life ;D

Block-ster ; Gee, I've made Min Ho the really bad guy here huh? Hahaha, it's okay. I totally understand you laarr. And it's fine, you can read it at your own time. No pressure :)