Chapter Nineteen

Forbidden Feelings

Chapter Four

Just a few seconds before Min Ho’s lips could reach Hara’s terrified face, the door flung open and Woo Young barged in, full of concern and anxiousness.

It was all the distraction that Hara needed and she took the chance to kick her former boyfriend right in the part where most guys hated to be injured.

As Min Ho stumbled back a few steps due to the sudden impact and holding his crotch in pain, Hara took the chance to seek refuge from Woo Young and got behind him cowardly.

“What is going on here?” Woo Young demanded but his stare was still fixed on Min Ho who was trying to regain back his composure. “Who is he?”

“Who am I?” Min Ho bellowed angrily, taking a few steps towards the pair of them. Hara clutched on to the sleeves of Woo Young’s shirt tightly, afraid of what Min Ho might do in his moment of rage. “Who are you?!”

“Well, I don’t think there’s a reason for us to get to know each other,” Woo Young replied calmly. “But, if you don’t get out of here now, I’m going to call the police. And I’m sure; you don’t want to be charged with ual harassment, do you?”

Min Ho’s eyes narrowed into thin slits as he weighs the options that he has now. Perhaps, he had been rushing into things. He should lie low for awhile and plan out his next move carefully.

But there was no way that he would give up on Hara.

“This won’t be the last time you are going to see me,” he spat before storming out of the house.

 

“Here, drink this up,” Woo Young told her gently as he laid a glass of plain water in front of the pale-stricken Hara. He could see that her hands were still shaking with fear and that she was chewing on her fingernails nervously.

Woo Young took both of her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze.

“He’s gone,” he assured her, giving her a warm smile. “You’re okay now.”

“Didn’t you hear him?” she said hoarsely. “He said it wasn’t going to be the last time I’ll be seeing him. He’s going to come back! Sooner or later.”

“Shh,” Woo Young pulled her close to him. Without declining, Hara laid her head against his chest gratefully, desperate to find some kind of warmness to calm her down.

“It’s going to be okay,” he continued slowly as he placed his chin on top of her head. “You’re going to be okay, I promise. I’ll make sure of that myself.”

Unknowingly, a drop of tear trickled down her face.

“I’m so sorry for dragging you into this. I shouldn’t have...”

“Hey, what are you talking about?” he her back delicately, helping to soothe her down. “You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m doing this voluntarily,” he joked.

“You make me sound like a charity case,” Hara grumbled but she has started to smile. For once, she felt a new surge of hope. Having Woo Young there with her gives her the courage to get through this difficult phase. She was going to overcome this no matter what.

 

Min Ho’s POV

I slumped back against my bed by the window and stared at Hara’s picture forlornly.

I can still see her petrified face clearly in my mind when she had seen me earlier. The eyes of a stranger. That wasn’t how she used to look at me. Her bright round eyes used to be so full of love, filled with happiness every time she saw me.

Why? Why was she so afraid of me? All that I wanted was to show her how much I love her still. How badly I needed her in my life. I just wish for her to come back into my life.

I stared at her doll-like face through glassy eyes.

Fine. I am going to fight for what is mine.

First step – eliminate the competition.