Chapter Eight

Forbidden Feelings

Dong Woon’s POV

It wasn’t her beauty which made me attracted, and I have to admit she is a really beautiful girl. Probably one of the best looking I’ve ever met; and I’ve seen all kinds of girls.

No, it was her cheerful and outgoing personality which makes me feel at ease every time I was with her. For the first time ever in my life, I felt really comfortable with someone without being judged in their eyes.

And I certainly didn’t feel the need to tell her about my family background; wealth wasn’t something to flaunt off. That was precisely why I hadn’t found any true friends yet. And I didn’t want to lose Nicole, though I was pretty sure she wouldn’t mind me either way.

I saw her walking past in front of me after classes were done for the day. We haven’t got the chance to talk due to our clashing schedules, so I knew I needed to catch up with her before I lost sight of her.

I tapped her lightly on both shoulders which made her whirled around in surprise. And just like I expect, she gave me one of her many jovial smiles which made my heart skipped a beat just like always.

“Yah Son Dong Woon, there you are. Aren’t you going home yet?”

“Want to go home with me? We can grab lunch together,” I grinned excitedly at her.

But then her face fell and I knew I wouldn’t get my wish today.

“Mianhe. I...have other plans today,” she said softly. “Perhaps tomorrow?”

I tried to hide my disappointment as I managed a small smile.

“It’s okay. We can always do it another day. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Bye!” she waved at me happily before hurrying away.

As I watched her speed-walking out of school, I couldn’t help wondering where she was heading to in such a hurry.

She rarely has to rush home every other day, and she’d usually tell me if she was going to anywhere interesting.

But today, she seems really eager. And her steps were extra bouncy too; like she was practically leaping.

Without thinking, I decided to follow her from behind and find it out for myself. It probably was nothing much, but I had to satisfy my curiosities.

It was a good thing Nicole wasn’t the type to check back over her shoulders every few minutes or I probably would’ve gotten caught.

At first, she just stood there near the gates and her eyes wandered around; looking for somebody. A few seconds later, I watched her closely as her face lit up and she rushed forward to someone who had just turned around the corner.

I couldn’t see the face clearly, but it was obvious from the slightly built frame, it was a guy.

I felt like I wasn’t supposed to witness the scene which was happening in front of me but I couldn’t tear my eyes away.

I continued to stare as the black T-shirt guy smiled brightly at her as he returned back her hug. He muttered something into her right ear, which made her burst into a fits of giggle as she pinched his cheeks.

I tried to ignore the nagging feeling which was growing inside of me. It wasn’t possible.

They are just close friends, nothing more than that.

Just close friends...

And before I knew it, I watched in dismay as she leaned in closer to him and placed a kiss on his lips.

No, it wasn’t those long kisses which lasted for more than 5 minutes. In fact, it was over within a minute.

But that one minute, felt like the longest period of time in my life. It took everything I had in me not to dash forward and just pull her away from him.

Yes.

Just close friends...

Who happened to show their affections by kissing...

 

*Wheree are all my readers hiding? ;D