Chapter Seven

Forbidden Feelings

Gyu Ri’s POV

“Tell me I’m not going crazy. Tell me what I’m feeling right now is just something delusional.”

I buried my head deep into both of my hands as I swept back my blonde curly locks. My forehead creased in confusion as I stared helplessly at the younger girl in front of me.

Nicole was sipping her latte deliciously; blinking both of her bright cheerful eyes innocently at me. After I glared unhappily at her, she pouted her lips hard as she pretended to think about what I’ve just told her.

“Well unnie...I can’t tell you what’s wrong or what’s right. You’re old enough to know that yourself,” she pointed out. “But...I don’t blame you. Jae Joong oppa is gorgeous, very attractive, desirable...”

“Okay stop!” I held up both of my hands in protest. “You’re not making things any easier here you know,” I scowled at her as I drenched my thirst with my iced tea.

Jae Joong hasn’t stayed home for more than a month but he has already occupied my thoughts day and night. Living under the same roof with him is such a challenge. I have to live through with his teasing smiles, y smirks, melting eyes and even the way he walks got me intrigued so bad.

“Unnie,” Nicole leaned in closer and dropped her voice to a whisper. “Does Jong Hyun oppa notice anything?”

“No!” I cried out. “At least I hope not. But anyway, what is there to be afraid of? It isn’t like I’ve done anything wrong,” I shrugged but for the first time ever, I was uncertain of myself.

“Ah yes,” Nicole nodded and gave me a mischievous smile. “Yet.”

I gritted my teeth as she giggled at my expression; knowing she has got me this time.

This girl. What was I thinking when I asked her out to clear my mind?

She’s just making it worst.

 

I threw myself back onto the sofa and leaned my head back against the headrest. I closed my eyes slowly, hoping to forget about everything the moment I opened them back.

Suddenly, I felt long slender fingers slithered across my forehead and rubbed my temples gently and tenderly.

My eyes flew open and I jerked away hastily.

“O-oppa,” I stammered when I saw Jae Joong’s smiling face looking down at me. “W-what are you doing home? Aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

He gave me a cocky grin as he walked over and sat down beside me.

“Ah yes, I was supposed to. But I didn’t feel too well so I decided to come home and take a rest,” he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly.

“Oh,” was all I said. He was too close to me for comfort and his touch just a few minutes ago was still making me tingle with excitement inside but I tried my best not to let it show.

“You look like you could use some help to,” he continued as he glanced sideways at me. “Sure you don’t want my help? I give good massages,” he grinned.

“Oh! It’s okay!” I refused quickly. “I...do you want anything oppa? I can get you some medicine if you want.”

“I’m fine. I’ll be good after getting a short nap. Or perhaps you could accompany me here until I feel better?” 

W-wae? Uh, I...” as I scrambled to find the perfect excuse, I saw him shaking his head slightly at me.

“I was just kidding,” he smiled.

“Um, okay then. I’ll be upstairs if you need anything,” I my heels and was ready to get away from the uncomfortable situation when I heard him calling me back.

“Gyu Ri, can I ask you something?”

I turned back around 180 degrees and smiled at him.

“Sure oppa. What is it?”

He watched me closely as he studied my face carefully. I’ve got a feeling, the next few words that were going to come out from his mouth matters a lot to him. If not, to me.

“Do you love Jong Hyun?”

 

* Block-ster ; Thank you very much for sharing that quote :) It really is meaningful. I'll always keep that in mind ^^ Hahaa, glad you're Sporean too. Singlish is addictive huh? & be sure to choose a good school :D