Chapter Fourteen

Forbidden Feelings

Hara’s POV

As I neared my house unit after coming home from visiting my parents, I found a bouquet of flowers and a big parcel waiting for me in front of the door.

“No way, not again,” I muttered as I walked over towards the two items slowly.

Carefully, I bent down and picked up the flowers first before taking the parcel in my other free hand. And just like the previous two times, the sender had left a card in between the red roses.

I plucked it up and flipped open the small white card.

 

I still lay at night thinking of you

Don’t you do the same too?

 

Just by reading those two simple lines was enough to make my body shiver. The gesture wasn’t sweet anymore; in fact it’s starting to really scare me. For one, I had no idea who it could be and I felt like he was watching my every little move.

My eyes fell on the box in my hands. It wasn’t heavy; but I was really curious to find out what was inside of it. Except for the flowers, this was the first time he had sent another gift along.

As I fumbled with my keys, I could feel the vibration of my phone in my bag. I took it out hastily and pressed the answer icon.

“Hello? Woo Young-ah, I’ve just reached home. Nay? Give me a moment.”

I set the things down on my dining table and turned to lock the doors behind me.

“What? You want to come over? You want me to cook?” I giggled. “I seldom do that. I don’t think I’m a good cook.”

I took off my sandals and pushed it aside to the corner before making my way to the lights sockets.

“Okay, what time can you reach here then? 20 minutes time? That’s fast.”

As I juggled my phone to my other ear, I switched on the lights and I got the worst scare of my life.

“Argh!” I screamed and the phone dropped from my grasp.

Standing there in front of me, just a few feet away; was the one person I never expected to see again.

It’s been so long since I last him and his hair had grown slightly longer now and messier. His dark eyes looked hollow and his sunken cheeks were distinguishable.

His usual serious face was even scarier now as he came forward to greet me.

He was the same guy I’ve once fallen in love. He was the same man I had once promised to marry and live my life with but right now I felt afraid of him. Really afraid.

I backed away from him as he came closer towards me.

“Hara,” Min Ho called out to me in a low voice. “Why do you seem afraid of me?”

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked nervously. “How did you even manage to get in here?”

He gave me a crooked smile.

“Hara darling, have you forgotten you’ve once given me your keys before? I’m glad you hadn’t changed your locks.”

“What do you want from me Min Ho?” I cried desperately. “I thought I’ve made it clear with you that things are over between us!”

“And you also said not to wait for you because it was impossible for you to open your heart up again, but what are you doing with that guy?” he bellowed. “Who is he Hara? Who is he?!”

Woo Young; he must be talking about him. But how could he possibly know…?

“Min Ho, we can talk things out slowly,” I tried to calm him down. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“No!” he shouted. “I don’t want a drink, I don’t want anything! I want you to explain what is your relationship with him? You even giggled when you talked to him on the phone just now!”

“He…he’s just a friend,” I gulped. “He’s Jong Hun’s cousin.”

His eyes flashed with annoyance at the mention of our dead friend’s name. I could hear him cursing under his breath.

“Jong Hun…Even when he’s gone, somehow he’s still always here isn’t it? Tell me Hara, you didn’t really love me back then do you?”

I started to edge closer towards the door. Keeping my eyes on him, my hands searched for the doorknob. If only I could open the door, perhaps I could shout for help.

“Don’t try it,” he gritted his teeth and pushed both of his hands against the wall, blocking either of my ways.

“Don’t do this to me Min Ho,” I begged him quietly. Tears had already started b in my eyes. I was really terrified of what he might do next.

Slowly, he brought up his right hand and traced the jawline of my face delicately. He caressed my cheeks tenderly and a sinister smile started playing on his face.

“I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered before leaning in closer.

I shut my eyes tightly as his face moved in closer towards mine. It seemed like there was no other way for me to escape him.

Someone, help me…