Chapter Eleven

Forbidden Feelings

Seung Yeon’s POV

“Fresh flowers for you early in the morning!”

A bouquet of yellow roses greeted me as the refreshing scent whizzed through my nose. I whirled around in surprise and came face to face with Ki Seuk’s grinning smile.

I raised an eyebrow curiously at him as I took the flowers with my hands.

“What’s the…”

“Oh no, don’t get it wrong. It’s not from me darling. I found it on the counter just now and saw your name. Someone must have left it for you,” he explained the situation in a rush before I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Jinjja? Who was it?” I asked as I picked out the small card slipped in between the flowers.

‘A beautiful girl deserves pretty flowers to brighten up her morning.’

But it wasn’t signed by anyone.

“It has got to be Jin Ki!” Ki Seuk declared. “Oh how romantic to remain anonymous. He’s such a good boyfriend. You’re very lucky Seung Yeon.”

He gave my shoulders a gentle squeeze before disappearing back into the kitchen, leaving me standing there alone speechless.

Jin Ki has never given me flowers before.

And the note was really sweet.

As thoughtful as he was, Jin Ki wasn’t the type to express his emotions through romantic ways or words.

It wasn’t him, I was sure of that.

And that reason was enough to make me dump the flowers into the dustbin near the counter.

I had a pretty good idea who it could be and I had to admit, it’s getting creepier by the second.

 

Jin Ki’s POV

I rang the bell on the counter asking for assistance.

“Just a second,” Seung Yeon’s soft voice called out from behind the counter. Her back was facing towards him so she hadn’t realised his presence yet.

“Alright. How can I…Jin Ki!” she beamed happily when she saw me. “I was about to call you after this, as soon as I’m done with work.”

I pinched the tip of her nose lightly and gave her a warm smile.

“You don’t have to. I’m here to make it up for the other day, when I couldn’t pick you up from your class.”

At the mention of the other day, her expression darkens instantly.

“Seung Yeon, what’s wrong?”

She shook her head slightly and gave me a small smile.

“It’s nothing. Can you wait for me for another 5 minutes?”

“Of course,” I nodded. “I’ll be outside waiting.”

 

Sure enough, 5 minutes later she came out of the café all changed out from her work uniform. She held out my favourite latte for me.

I took it from her gratefully and grabbed her left hand in mine as we walked down the street together.

We walked in silence for a whole of 10 minutes until I couldn’t stand the quiet atmosphere between us any longer.

“Okay. Tell me what’s bothering you.”

Seung Yeon looked up from her drink startled by my sudden question.

“I told you, it’s nothing. Oh okay fine,” she changed her mind when she saw the sceptical look on my face. “Last week, there was this customer. He kept coming in everyday, ordering the same drink, sitting at the same corner every single time.”

“Then?” I prompted her.

“I wouldn’t have thought anything was wrong but…there was something different about him…” her voice trailed off.

“What was different?”

“The way he looked at me. Like he was analysing every single part of my face, my body. And the way he said my name, I don’t know. It was creepy,” she shivered at the memory.

I studied her worried face carefully.

“There’s more to this, am I right?”

She hesitated for a moment before nodding.

“The other day, when you couldn’t pick me up at school…I was on my way out of class, when I saw him standing there, smiling when he saw me.”

I stopped dead in my tracks causing Seung Yeon to bump into me at the side.

“Jin Ki-yah, why did you stop?”

“He went to your school?” I asked in disbelief. “What did he want?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “He told me he was in the area when he saw me so he decided to acknowledge me. But, it was too much of a coincidence don’t you think? Or maybe I’m just thinking too much about it.”

“I don’t think so. He’s starting to sound suspicious. Did anything else happen?”

“Well, this morning. I came to work…” she said slowly.

“And…?”

“Ki Seuk handed me a bouquet of flowers. He told me someone had left it for me on the counter. We didn’t know who. It wasn’t signed by anyone. It wasn’t you, was it?”

“Anyo,” I shook my head. “Do you still have the card?”

“I thought so too,” she sighed. “I threw it away, along with the flowers. It creeps me out just by looking at it. Jin Ki, who do you he is?”

“I wish I knew. Listen,” I grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to face me. “You’re not to go anywhere by yourself anymore from now on okay? Call me if you need to go to work or school. Or anywhere at all. Okay?”

She smiled warmly at me.

“Jin Ki-yah, it’s okay. I know how busy you are with your new work. I can take care of myself.”

“No. You have to listen to me. Just this once, until…”

But before I could finish my sentence, I saw a sleek black sports car speeding right towards me.

Why wasn’t it moving away? It wasn’t supposed to head this way. Was the driver drunk?

Or maybe he did it deliberately…

“Jin Ki, look out!” Seung Yeon cried out in horrified.

 

*I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting for an update :/ Been busy and arhh, a lot of other things. But I tried my best for you lovely readers :) Hope you guys like this update.

& oh, if you don't mind supporting my newest fic? Inevitable Destiny  :) I tried out something different from my other fics.