Chapter Fifteen

Forbidden Feelings

It was probably just a few passing minutes but it felt like hours in there. I knew I had already drifted off to sleep. Because, I saw Seung Hyun’s smiling face looking down at me.

He held out his hand for me to take.

Seung Hyun.

I’ve missed him so much. I didn’t even get to thank him properly. He died for me; he was killed because of me.

So when I saw him standing there in front me, looking all alive and fine; of course I wanted to follow him. I would go anywhere he wanted to take me to.

I wanted to be with him…

But just as I was about to reach out and take his hand in mine, I felt a pair of strong arms grabbing me by the waist and pulling me further away from Seung Hyun.

No, please don’t go…

And the image of his face totally disappeared, like he hadn’t been there in the first place.

After that, darkness surrounded me and I had no memory of what happened next.

 

Slowly, he brought the unconscious girl up above the surface safely and hauled her dead weight onto the dry surface by the poolside.

He took a moment to catch his own breath before pumping her chest carefully, trying to revive her back to life.

But he was still not getting any response on her.

Although he felt uneasy about doing it, he knew he had to if he didn’t want her to die on him.

So he brought his face closer to her and placed his mouth against her cold frozen lips.

He performed the first CPR on her, hoping that it would be enough to wake her up again but he was wrong. Apparently, she had been in the pool for a bit too long before he had come to realise her presence.

 Not wasting a second more, he did it for the second time while still pumping her chest frantically. She could not give up now, not when he’s trying his very best for someone whose name he didn’t even know.

Every breath he took was for her now. He would not let her throw away her life just like that.

Cupping her face in his hands, he tried it again for the third time and miraculously, she started coughing a little.

And just like he had wanted, she started to throw up all the water she had gurgled down in the pool.

She was alive.

Gently, he placed his hand underneath her back and helped her up into a sitting position so that it was easier for her to catch her breath.

He her cold back delicately, hoping to soothe down her adrenaline rush and make her calm.

“Are you okay?” he broke the silence between them.

She just nodded her head, still unable to utter a word.

“Thank you,” she said after a few minutes. “Thank you for saving my life.”

He gave her an easy smile.

“You’re welcome. Go right ahead and change out of your wet clothes. I’m sure you don’t want to catch a fever.”

Nay,” she said quietly as she stood up gingerly.

Without another word, she her heels and headed for the changing rooms. He watched her lean figure disappearing behind the closed doors before making his own way out of the pool area.

 

After changing my clothes and drying myself clean, I made my way towards the pool area once again hoping that he was still there.

But to my disappointment, only emptiness greeted me. He had already left without a word. I didn’t even get to thank him enough.

As I started to turn around and leave, I saw something glimmering at me from at the far distance. I walked towards it and bent down to pick it up for inspection.

It was a guy’s necklace with two black circles pendant hanging from it.

This must be his, I thought to myself. He must’ve taken it off before diving in to rescue me and forgot to pick it back up.

I clutched it tightly in my hands before slipping it inside my front pockets.

I will find him…