Chapter 6

An Arranged Marriage with.....WHO?!

PLEASE READ!

Wheww, I thought summer would be an easier time to update but apparently not! Sorry guys, I know I’ve been apologizing each time I updated but things got a little busier for me. Anyways, I’m still new to this but can I request for a POSTER? People here in AFF are really creative and I’ve always wanted a poster. So can I gladly request for one:)

------------------------------------------------------



Chapter 6

Ji Yoon POV

Everything was set. Everything was official. Well in a few hours.
 
Both sides of the family both agreed to hold a press conference. To my dismay I had no say in rejecting it.
In the waiting room, I had a couple of minutes until the big reveal.

 “This was it, no more freedom. Just in a matter of minutes, everyone will know my true identity. Few knew who the real me was however not to the point where I would be bombarded with people on the streets. When you have a dad who’s a business typhoon you‘ll understand. Throughout the years of having  freedom, I learned that people blow things way out of proportion. In a case in pleasing the citizens, all they want is something big. Take all the good willed celebrities and people who actually do things for the world out, in the end all that matters is the latest scandal that just broke out. In actuality, I would be a hypocrite right now because the engagement will be the new “scandal”………”


“…..Ji Yoon it’s time” the director in charge said breaking away my thoughts.


“Oh kurae, I’ll be down in five minutes."


Narrator POV

Behind closed doors, there was only one person left to make an appearance. That was Suho.

Ever since the day they mentioned about the engagement, he’s been missing.
Mr. Kim to his disappointment, called up his men to go searching for him.

As for Ji Yoon, she was not aware of anything for she already had problems of her own.

Time was coming down to the wire and Suho was still not in sight.

“Ms. Park, please proceed to the stage” the announcer called from the podium.

Ji Yoon was behind the doors where it led to the conference hall.

She knew something wasn’t right.
“Why would the announcer call me alone?”

Then the thought came to her ,grabbing the nearest staff member she asked, “Where’s Suho?”

The young intern looked frightened and could only say no.
Ji Yoon had no choice but to go to the stage. Exhaling one more time, the doors open to find a mountain of reporters. Step by step, the flashes intensified. Every shot had blinded her, with the help of an she managed to get up without falling nor stumbling.


Taking her seat, the questions started.

“Ms. Park, where’s Suho?”

“Was this an arranged marriage?”

“Ms. Park, are you really the heir of one of the biggest hotel chain’s in the world?”

“ When’s the wedding?’


“Why did you keep this secret for so long?”

Question after question it went on for five minutes straight.

A sudden bang was heard turning heads around.

There he was, in a black suit eluding a hint of charisma. Hair made into a up do, his features where ever so lucid.

Ji Yoon’s heart rate increased. Not because of the questions however the handsome sight before her.
To even intensify her heart ,Suho took her hand and kissed it before turning back to the reporters.

Suho POV

“Annyeonghaseyo, I apologize for being late”, adding a bow in sign of respect.
 
“Well, let’s start the interview.” I said taking my seat.

“Mr. Kim, is it true you two were forced into an arranged marriage?” the first reporter asked.


“ I wouldn‘t call it forced. The announcement was so sudden, I don’t think you can even call it arranged.”

“Mr. Kim, when is the wedding?”

“Details are still being processed, so as of the moment I want this time to be closer to my fiancée.”

“Was it awkward for you guys at your met each other for the first time?”

“Actually, Ji Yoon was a classmate of mines in high school and it turns out we are attending the same university.”

“This is for Ms.Park, why did you only reveal your true identity now?”


I saw Ji Yoon tense up, grabbing her hand that was placed on the table I answered the question for her.

“My fiancée has her own reasons, but I don’t think it’s the right time to talk about it. This press conference was to talk only about the wedding and us as a couple. So, I kindly would ask a different question.

“Mianhe, my other question then is, do you Mr. Kim have any feelings towards Ms. Park?” the same reporter asked.

I knew this question was what everyone was waiting for and the only solution was to lie.



I looked at Ji Yoon and stared right into her eyes, “ I did develop feelings for Ji Yoon. I was to oblivious to see that I actually do care for her. Seeing her in tears because of the sudden announcement of our engagement did hit her really hard. To see your partner cry is not something you want to ever see, especially when your part of it. So I could say in some way I do have feelings for her.”

The atmosphere lightened and “awws” could be heard.

As the sign went up ending the interview, the last thing we had to do was to take a couple of photos.

Acting all lovey-dovey, I placed my hand around Ji Yoon’s waist. She squirmed but managed to keep her composure. When I saw she wasn’t smiling I leaned onto her ear.

Looking like I was saying something sweet to her, it was the complete opposite.

‘Smile now dear, we wouldn’t want to look like a couple that hate’s each other, right?  Also, don’t take anything what I said to heart. I’d rather lie about our relationship than be killed will the press.”