Chapter 18

An Arranged Marriage with.....WHO?!

 

Chapter 18
 
(Day One)
 
 
Ji Yoon POV
 
The morning silence was broken by someone who was persistently knocking on my door. I groaned and checked the time to see it was six o' clock. I wanted to sleep in a little more knowing I'll have a date with Suho later in the day which I’m really excited about.
 
 I slowly swung my legs to the edge of my bed and went downstairs. Furiously opening the door, the first thing I saw was Suho with a big smile on his face.
 
“Ji Yoon-ah, will you accept my request and go on a date with me?’ Suho asked and shoved a bouquet of flowers in front of me.
 
“ Suho, do you know what time it is?!”, I playfully asked back.
 
“You answered me with a question back, you first have to tell me your answer.” he replied curtly.
 
I chuckled, “Of course, I’d love to go on a date with you.”
 
“Great, it’s past six and our date starts now.” he said excitedly.
 
Suho rushed me to my room telling me to wear anything, but something comfortable. I really wanted to dress up a little and look nice for him, though when I mentioned that he told me not to worry because in his eyes I will look beautiful in whatever I wear.
 
I blushed at his comment and tried to hide my burning cheeks. Running to my closet, I took out a pair of jeans, simple blouse, cardigan, and black flats. After changing quickly, Suho then took my purse and took a hold of my hand to lead us to his car.
 
I pleaded to get any information from him, but being the person he is I had nothing. After a 20 minute ride, the car came to a halt in front of a cute little café downtown. 
 
Even though it was still early, the café was still closed.
 
“Suho, it’s still closed we can’t go in.”
 
He turned back to look at me and smiled, ”I specially reserved it for us, for today don’t worry about anything.”
 
I returned back with a smile and kissed his cheek.
 
The coffee and pastries were amazing and delicious. Suho and I chatted for a couple of hours then decided to leave. We thanked the owners and set off to the next event.
 
The buildings and streets were becoming familiar as I realized that Suho was driving to my old work place. I missed working at the shop, I tried going in a couple of times, but lately everything has been complicated. My boss of course understood my situation and I will always be grateful for that.
 
As I was lost in my own thoughts Suho already greeted himself to my boss and co-workers. 
 
“Well, are you just going to stand there Ji Yoon-ah?” my old boss asked.
 
I rushed to her and gave her a hug.
 
I was glad that Suho surprised me and brought me here. 
 
A smile never left my face as I walked back to Suho. Once I got his attention I started, “ Thank you Suho, today has been nothing but great.”
 
 
For the rest of the day Suho and I did what regular couples do on their first dates. We had a chance to a little bit of everything, a movie, shopping, arcade, and then dinner.
 
Suho tried his best to make the date as fun and stress-free as possible. I could see how sincere he was to start over and do things right, but he still has a long way to prove me.
It was night fall and Suho just parked the car in front of my house. He asked if he could come in and reveal the last surprise for today’s’ date. 
 
I took him to the living room and curiously waited to see what will happen.
 
He came over to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I couldn’t help it and leaned my head to the crook of his neck. We were in a comfortable position, snuggled together and welcomed the warmth from our bodies. The moment wasn’t awkward and in fact we both embraced the moment we were in and fell to a comfortable silence. 
 
Suho intertwined our hands together, his hand completely over mines. I looked up to his face and saw nothing but affection.
 
“For the last surprise, I want to give you a present, well its actually a clue. Each day until our wedding I will give you a word from the phrase I wanted to engrave on you ring.” Suho said.
 
One of the words are “you”
 
 
 
 
It was the perfect way to end the day and Suho has left me excited for the next date, because I know it will only get better from today onwards.