Chapter 16

An Arranged Marriage with.....WHO?!

Surprise! I decided to do a second update for the day:) Thank you so much for  those who continue to read and comment on my fic. It brings me much joy knowing that you guys love this couple so much. Hehe, any couple names? Anyways, I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s. With 2013 coming to a start, I hope it turns out to be a good one for you!

 

Chapter 16
 

Suho POV

“ I think we can head in now, darling” I whispered to Ji Yoon.

She rushed to the entrance right after punching me. I couldn’t help myself and started to laugh at my own teasing. Smiling like a fool, I ran past her and opened the door. Ji Yoon brushed passed me with a pout on her face.

One of the workers came to assist us and said,

“Hello, you must be Suho and Ji Yoon. If you’ll come with me we can get started with the fitting.”

She led us to a spacious private area with a little stage at the middle of the room. We both sat in one of the couches while the lady left to get something.

In the meanwhile, I thought back to our kiss and stared at her. For the past month, I tried avoiding Ji Yoon and it didn’t help that we went to the same college. Our little interactions with each other pained me inside for all I knew she was happy with Kris.

The moment I saw them together, I finally admitted to myself that I fell for Ji Yoon. It took me a while, I know, however in my mind I thought Ji Yoon was already happy with Kris considering they were best friends. As for myself, I was nothing but a liability towards this marriage.

Though, it still doesn’t answer anything. I need to hear it from her to finally admit every unwavering question in my mind.

She caught onto my gaze and had that concerning look.

She opened to say something, but soft clicks were becoming more apparent and the lady came to the room with towels and water.

“ I turned the heater on, if you don’t mind. You both were really drenched from the rain and thought that you guys might be cold .”

“Thank you for your hospitality, I really appreciate it.” Ji Yoon replied.

I interrupted by saying, “ Thank you as well and if you don’t mind ma’am can I have a minute with my fiancée?”

She didn’t hesitate and left with a little nod.  

Ji Yoon probably thought it was the time to dry our self’s up however, I had some other things in mind.



She has let loose her brown waves to dry her hair and at the same time rummaged through her bag. I took the towel myself to dry it for her so she can look inside her bag. Ji Yoon turned back and smiled.

I became curious and she opened a little case which apparently had her contacts in. She gently took back the towel and placed it on her lap.

“My glasses were stepped on so I have to use these.” she said.

My patience has exceeded and I blurted out, “Kris..”

Now facing each other she quickly responded by saying, “What about Kris?”

“Kris will see the pictures and if you want to let him think otherwise, I suggest we come up with something.” I responded so she won’t catch onto my plan.

My plan was to lead her into thinking that I knew about their relationship and if she did respond differently I knew she would still be oblivious to my feelings for her. But in the inside, I really wanted Ji Yoon to admit that she likes me too.

“Suho, I’m confused.”

“I’m talking about you and Kris, how are you both doing?” I asked.

Ji Yoon was thinking and her eyes went wide, “You think I’m with Kris…. Don’t answer that. Is this the reason why you ignored me for a month? Is this the reason why you acted like a heartless jerk? Because if it is you really are stupid.”

She caught on and couldn’t help but feel dejected. The hope I had from the beginning was fulfilled. Because I now knew what she felt for me even though she hasn’t clearly implied it.

Ji Yoon wanted to leave, yet I pushed her back to the edge of the couch.
I took grasped of her hand and interlaced it with mines. While I had an other opportunity to just stare at her pretty face up close and then caress her blushing cheek.

“Suho, if you don’t get it yet I really like you.” she bluntly said even surprising herself.

“Good, because I feel the same way.” I said and hungrily attacked her lips.

We both continued for a few more minutes and she abruptly pulled back.

“I hate to break it, but we still have an appointment to do.”

I groaned internally then she gave a little peck on my cheek.
Ji Yoon left to find the lady and start her fitting. I leaned back and started to look through a magazine while waiting for her to come out in her first dress.

Fifteen minutes passed and she still hasn’t come out yet. I couldn’t wait to see her in a wedding dress. I wouldn’t know how my reaction would be and I really didn’t want to look like a fool.

The curtains were being tied and she came out and boy I miserably failed.

My mouth went wide open while inhaling a gasp. She must have heard it and laughed.
She looked so different with contacts and her hair down but I didn’t care for it. Ji Yoon looked amazing in the dress that fitted her real well.

“I’m guessing you love the dress?” she retorted and I nodded my head eagerly.

I jumped up to the little podium and held both of her hands.

“You look really beautiful, Ji Yoon”




An hour later we left the little shop after choosing my suit and thanked them again for their kindness.

The rain cleared up and left the sky with gray clouds. Being a gentleman I led Ji Yoon inside my car and drove to the next destination.

“Park Ji Yoon, what ever possessed you to act like this today?”
I then continued, “Whatever it was, I’m glad you did.”

“Kim Joon Myun” she mocked,

“ If you simply talked to me, maybe things would be different. However, you jumped to conclusions. Though, I’m also glad because your stuck with me now.” she playfully said.




At the Jewelry Store

Ji Yoon and I scrolled down the rows of sparkling jewels. When a man that looked like in his mid- forties came to us. He was dressed in a form-fitting suit and told us he was the owner.

Mr. Lee, the owner, also told us that our parents requested him to make our custom rings and band.

He was measuring our sizes and left us to choose the style and cut.

Ji Yoon squeezed my hand forcing me to look up in her direction.

“Suho I like the styles don’t get me wrong, but it really is too much. The ring is expensive and I don’t mind choosing something else in the store.” she replied with her head down.

“Ji Yoon, listen to me. The price really doesn’t matter to me, I just want you to think about yourself for once and nobody else. If it seems selfish of you to do so, then your wrong. You deserve a ring that you love despite whatever is written on the price tag. So please, choose whichever you want and don‘t even think that you paying a part of it.”

Her twinkling eyes filled with excitement and crushed me into a hug.

“Thank you, Suho.”

“Your welcome, Ji Yoon.”


While she searched for a ring, I wrote on a piece of paper saying the words that would be on our bands.

I gave it to the owner and he said, “ Great words for a young couple.” I smiled at Ji Yoon and she returned it back.


After he confirmed our order we left the store and were free from all of the wedding planning.

Walking, Ji Yoon nosily started,

“Soooo, what did you write on our bands?”

I looked at her hopeful eyes and replied, “Well, that’s for me to know and you to find out.”