Chapter 3

An Arranged Marriage with.....WHO?!

Chapter 3



Ji Yoon POV

I ran, the most obvious thing I could do at the moment.

Stopping by a near park I prompted myself to one of the benches.
Looking up, I saw a couple of kids skipping around. The scene was quite picturesque, the sun finally came out from a whole day of rain only to form giant puddles throughout the park. One kid decided to jump into one, drenching himself. As for his mother, she surprisingly didn’t mind at all and wiped him down. On the other side of the park, a group of kids were playing a game. A ball was heading my way and happened to stop when it reached my feet.

“Noona, can you pass me the ball?” one of the kids asked.

I grabbed the ball, “Here I’ll throw it back”.

“Ready, Hana.…Dhul....Seht.…”


I lifted the ball slowly, looking as if I was actually going to throw it to them.
Joking around a bit, I hid the ball behind me when eyes were patiently looking up for the ball.

“NOOONA!” “UNNNNIE!” they all screamed at me.

Giggling at there sudden outburst, I gave the ball back to them asking a favor.

“Can you let this unnie/noona play with you guys?”

They eagerly nodded there head and whisked me onto the field.
Round after round I eventually collapsed to the ground, exhausted.

The kids saw me stop and ran up to me.
Little smirks formed on their faces, looking confused I tried stood up.

Stopping me from getting up, all of them attacked me with tickles.

“Haha… stop.. Haha…”

I couldn’t contain my laughter. They tickled every spot possible were I’m the most weakest.
For little kids, their pretty smart, start by torturing a “person” with tickles!

My phone started to ring stopping the kids, “Chakamanyo”.
I opened my phone to see 30 missed calls, all from my mom.

“Hello…”

“JI YOON, why haven’t you been answering your phone!”
my mom said yelling.

“Sorry, mom I kind…”

“No excuses, come home in 20 minutes”
she said hanging up the phone.

I turned around to see pairs of eyes looking at me, all having a sad expression on.
“ Mianhe, I have to go now”

“But noona, can’t you stay” the same boy from earlier asked me.

“I can’t, I’ll come again though”

“Pinky promise?” holding up his pinky.

Bending down to reach his height I encircled his pinky with mines, “promise”.

“What’s your name, by the way?”

“Kim Hyun Soo”

“Nice to meet you Hyun Soo-ah, I’m Ji Yoon”

“Bye”



--------------------

(At your house)

As soon as I opened the doors,

“JI YOON-ah, go upstairs and get ready” my mother said pushing me towards the stairs at the same time.

“But-”

“Please Ji Yoon I really need you to come with us, all I can say is its not a party”

Hesitating for a while, I nodded.

*At least its not a party, I despise them the most. Who would want to go to an event only to hear comments about what just came out or who just had a scandal. To be honest, its one of the reasons why I love my freedom. Criticism only hurts if said directly, and to hear it just disgusts me.* I thought.

I went to room to find a box placed on top of my bed. Opening it I saw a really beautiful  dress.

After taking a shower I wore the dress and heels my mother gave me.

I took off my glasses and replaced it with contacts, blinking a couple of times. I applied a little moisturizer and lip gloss. Feeling satisfied enough I headed down stairs to see my parents smiling at me.

“Let’s get going then, today will be a very special day.” my father said.

 

 

--------------------------

Sorry for the wait, its been a very hectic week for me with school and work. Exams are almost here and to top it off i just got the flu:(

Enough of my ranting!

I hope you enjoyed chapter!

Please comment, I would love to hear what you think about it so far!