"I don’t know what to do/I don’t even know why we started this" ~Se7en's "I'm Going Crazy"

He's My Teacher!

 

Sunday, September 16, 2012

                I cracked my eyes open, not used to the bright sunlight streaming in.

                “Hey.”

                WHADDA…I bolted upright, now wide awake, only to see L perched on the end of my bed. I fell back into my pillow with a groan. “Bro…why are you here? This early? With no warning?” I muttered, my eyes closed again.

                “No warning? Check your phone,” he scoffed. I muttered incoherent words as I reached for my phone and clicked it on. Oh…17 missed calls and 32 new texts?  “All from you…” I murmured.

                L let out small chuckle. “Yeahh…look. I’m really sorry about last night. I’m sorry I forgot, I’m sorry about Krystal, I’m sorry you left, I’m—“

                “Calm down, it wasn’t your fault,” I assured him. “And believe me, I’m fine. It was my choice to leave and I’m glad I did. The only thing I missed was the food. I’m pissed I didn’t get to try it…” I sighed.

                “Well, find solace in the fact that I missed it too.” I glanced at L, surprised. “Of course I couldn’t stay there with that !” he sighed. “And Kai isn’t much better company…”

                “Oh…my gosh, L, you didn’t have to. I don’t deny one bit that she’s a but you could have stayed,” I told him, eliciting a small smile.

                “Yeah, well, I was only able to bear through the first part cause you were there. And what Krystal did; I couldn’t let you be.”

                I nodded. “Well, thanks. Sorry I ruined your night, though. What did you do?”

                L smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. “I…kind of tried to go looking for you. I called you…multiple times. And texted you.”

                My eyes bugged out. “You…were looking for me?” I squeaked.

                L grimaced. “Yeah. I ran after you but I lost you. I…thought that if I found you and we worked it out I could win you back. Win you over…” his voice was hardly audible by now.

                “L…” I murmured softly, not forgetting his confession from the day before. “I’m…sorry…”

                L brightened, straightening up and slapping a smile on his face. “Hey, I came to comfort you and you’re apologizing? What is this?” he grinned. “I’m here to make it up to you.”

                I smiled at him. “Well, gee, thanks. So what’s on the agenda?”

                “First…you go get something acceptable on. Second…okay, no second, it’s a surprise,” he grinned at me, pushing me out of the bed and into my bathroom. I laughed and closed the door, participating in my usual morning rituals. After I finished I came back to my bedroom, grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a short sleeved, eared hoodie and pushed L outside, telling him to wait downstairs. I put the clothes on, slid a black belt with a large buckle on, a tank top underneath my sweater, put on a few bracelets, grabbed my around-the-shoulder bag and headed downstairs, sliding into a pair of puffy Adidas sneakers on the way.

                “Hey,” I greeted L, seeing him sitting at the table.

                “Hi,” he smiled, getting up to leave.

                “Youngmin we’re going out. Be back later!” I called loudly to my brother, who yelled an agreement from the back.

                “So, where are we going?” I asked as we headed out.

                “Hey, Sweetie,” Woohyun greeted, leaning against one of the cars that was parked outside.

                I laughed as I saw the rest of the Infinite members, while L was lightly beating Woohyun up. “Ready to goo?” Dongwoo asked, opening the car door for me.

                I nodded and climbed into the passenger seat, Dongwoo sitting in the driver’s seat. “You were supposed to go with L. He’s gonna flip a when he realizes you’re not back there anymore.” I laughed at Dongwoo’s teasing personality.

                “So, where are we going?” I asked.

                “The movies. Then--” Dongwoo started.

                “Hyung! It was supposed to be a secret!” Hoya patronized Dongwoo, slapping his head from the backseat.

                “L did mention something about a secret…” I added, thoughtfully.

                Dongwoo nearly crashed the car. “Aishh… Hyemin please don’t tell him I told you!” he pleaded. “L would rip my head off!”

                “What?! You’re the hyung!” I laughed.

                Dongwoo nodded fervently, still completely serious. “But he was so serious about today. Last night he called us at like 10 freaking out about something he had messed up and how it was his fault and how he needed us for something…then he got us all together and made us plan what to do.”

                He was out til 10? I pondered. Looking for me? I ran out between 6 and 7… I softened at the thought. “Don’t worry about it, Oppa,” I told him.

                He smiled and nearly melted with relief. “You’re the best, Hyemin,” he gushed.

                “Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard,” I returned, smiling.

                “Eh, hello?” Dongwoo answered his phone, balancing it between his shoulder and his cheek. He let out a chuckle as he listened to the other person. “Yeah, yeah, she is. Of course she’s not. What do you mean I—hey, okay, you didn’t even realize she left.” A devious smirk came onto his face as he paused his talking. “Yeah, I’m driving Woohyun’s car. Yes, yes,” he cringed as even I faintly heard Woohyun’s yelling. “Ahh, calm down. Yeah, we’re almost there. See you.” Dongwoo hung up and slipped his phone back into his pocket. “He found out.”

                I laughed and then Dongwoo turned the radio up, and all of us lost ourselves in the loud beat and pounding music. After a few more songs played he pulled into the lot of a classy theater.

                “Love this place,” Sungyeol grinned as he stepped out of the back with Hoya.

                “Never been,” I murmured as I glanced around the classy building we had stepped into the lobby area of.

                “I’ve come a…few times,” Sungyeol mused. “L’s paying for today though.”

                “Eh? Why?” I gasped. He was going to pay for eight people?!

                “I dunno,” Hoya shrugged. “I, personally, was pretty darn surprised. Whatever, our luck.”

                Just as he said that Woohyun, Sunggyu, and Sungjong joined us. “Yahh!” Woohyun growled, going straight for Dongwoo. Dongwoo tossed Woohyun his keys, snickering, and then ran off.

                “Hi, noona!” Sungjong greeted happily, coming up to me.

                “Hi, Sungjong-ahh,” I smiled back.

                L came up to the group, holding up eight tickets. “We’re good to go. Where are—“

                Dongwoo came sprinting back, Woohyun close behind. Dongwoo instantly ran behind me, holding onto my waist from behind and burying his face into my back. “Save mee,” he whimpered into my hoodie.

                “Aishh what a dirty trick,” Woohyun growled, rolling his eyes and walking away.

                L came over to us, pulled Dongwoo off my back, and led me to the snack line. “Sorry about that….” He started.

                I laughed. “It’s fine. I love all of them. They’re hilarious and sweet.”

                L rolled his eyes and mumbled something, but then turned back to me. “So, what do you want to eat?” he asked.

                “Oh, L, stop, you already paid for tickets,” I insisted. “Let me cover snacks.”

                He adamantly shook his head. “Hyemin, are you kidding me? I was an idiot last night. I said…everything possible wrong,” he sighed.

                “L, please, don’t even worry about it. It wasn’t your fault and I’m fine.”

                He his bottom lip. “Fine. Okay, I get that your okay. But please, let me treat you this time, aight? I want to.”

                I finally gave in, knowing this was going nowhere. “Fine. Alright. Thanks, L,” I told him, and he gave me a small smile in return.

“Now, go get seats. Send Sunggyu over here and we’ll meet you guys soon.”

                I nodded. “Alright.” I walked over to where the guys were milling around, going nowhere near us probably so L wouldn’t make them pay. “Hey, Sunggyu, L wants you. We can go find seats,” I told the others, who nodded enthusiastically.

                “Seriously, I love that you and L are friends, he’s so much nicer,” Sungjong gushed as we walked along the hallway.

                “It’s true, he’s actually like…a good guy,” Woohhyun mused. “Not that he wasn’t before…” he added hastily, and I laughed lightly.

                “He’s just so much more outgoing, he has fun, he’s not all awkward and antisocial anymore,” Sungyeol said.

                Well wasn’t all this just making me feel warm and fuzzy inside after rejecting him… “He was ever antisocial? He seemed so nice and had so many friends…” I mused.

                Dongwoo nodded. “Yeah, he was so awkward.”

                “So awkward,” Woohyun reiterated.

                “Seriously. He would do the weirdest things. You’d look at him, process what he was doing, and then just say, WTF—“

                “Okay. He’s awkward. Er—was. I got it,” I laughed. “But…he’s different now…” I mused, glancing backwards at L where he was ordering food. Now…he was sweet. He was a good friend, he was funny and considerate.

                We headed into the theater and took up nearly a full row in the middle. This theater was—amazing. The seats were much larger than usual and made of plush material. As I experimented with the seats I realized the footrests extended and you could recline back. Between each seat was a mini table with two cup holders and napkin dispensers. “Danngg,” I whistled, leaning back into the comfy seats.

                “Right, right?” Dongwoo asked, settling down into his seat.

                “I love this place,” Hoya sighed contentedly.

                “Can I live here?” Sungjong asked, cuddled up into his seat.

                Before long Sunggyu and L joined us, sitting next to me. He distributed popcorn, drinks, and candy to the group. “L you’re gonna be broke,” I sighed. “How much food did you buy?!”

                “Have you seen those guys eat?” L asked pointedly. “This might suffice for the movie.”

                I rolled my eyes and laughed as the previews started.

 

                “Thanks for taking me out today, L. I had a really good time,” I told him as I got out of the car. After the movie he had taken me out to lunch with the guys and ice skating.

                “No problem, it’s my pleasure. It was my fault last night, anyways…”

                “L, quit blaming yourself for that!” I insisted. “Self pity doesn’t look good on anyone.”

                L gave me a sad smile. “Yeah…Well, I’ll see you on Monday, Hyemin.”

                I nodded and headed back into the Café as the cars drove off.

                “You know, L came around last night looking for you,” Youngmin said softly as I came in.

                . He knew? “So…”

                Youngmin nodded. “We didn’t think we should pester you last night.”

                “Hyemin, don’t worry about it. es will be es,” Key sighed, rubbing circles on my shoulder blade.

                “Seriously. Say the word and I will beat her up,” Yongguk said, leaning against the counter. He was busy most of the week but Sunday’s were his day off.

                I laughed. “Guys, please, don’t worry about it. I am honestly absolutely fine.”   

                Junhyung was silent throughout the whole talk; his eyes dark and serious. He met my eyes just before I left, and I was surprised by the emotion in them, but still headed up to my room. I changed into some pajama shorts and a tshirt and tied my hair up into a messy bun. I turned my lap top on and was just surfing the web and listening to music when I heard a knock at my door.

                “Come in,” I called, not even bothering to glance up.

                “Hey.” Junhyung? Now I looked up. I didn’t really know what we had to talk about…

                “Oh…hey, what’s up?” I asked, pausing the video I was watching.

                “I went to a party last night…” he started, and I couldn’t help but start laughing.

                “Are you bragging or something?” I asked with a playful smile.

                Junhyung gave me a small smile but it most definitely wasn’t genuine. “A friend of Hyunseung’s who I met threw it. But oddly enough Hyunseung himself wasn’t there.” Oh…dear… “When I asked him about it he just smiled and said he met a girl. I asked him who and he just said “some girl.” Hyunseung…and I…we’ve gotten fairly close.” That I didn’t know for sure but could of figured out. They were around the same age, only new teachers at the school this year, and taught similar subjects. Put two and two together…

                “Oh. Well…I’m not really sure why you’re telling me about Hyunseung’s dating habits…” I muttered.

                Junhyung continued. “That was weird because there are few girls he would have missed the party for, considering he could have met a bunch more at his friend’s. Then when I was at the Café after the party…You’ll never guess whose car I saw pull in.”

                . He definitely knew. I thought it was bad when Youngmin knew how embarrassingly the date had ended for me. This was a million times worse….”Look, just say it, okay?!” I blurted.

                “Obviously Hyunseung was here with you.”

                I sighed. “Yeah, okay. Whatever, he gave me a ride home. But it wasn’t a big deal…” I murmured.

                “Hyemin, he’s your teacher. He’s 22!”

                “It’s not like we’re dating! We most definitely weren’t on a date!” I sighed. “Seriously. After I ran out I was just…um…wandering around and he found me, took me to dinner. We walked around and he drove me home. That’s. It.”

                “That sounds like a date,” Junhyung said, his eyes focused on me.

                “But—it wasn’t.”

                “And so there was no kiss?”

                Oh. Please tell me he didn’t know that too… “N-No. No! Oppa, why would—it wasn’t a date!”

                “Alright,” Junhyung said coolly, making me even more flustered. “I believe you.”

                Great. The Guilt Card. Junhyung had grown up with me—he knew what made me crack! “Well—I mean…There—it wasn’t anything.”

                “So you did kiss him.”

                “No. I mean—the date yesterday wasn’t anything!”

                “So now it is a date?”

                Oops… “No! That just slipped out. It wasn’t a date!”

                “So there was no date and no kiss.”

                “Yes.” Such a lie… Well, not the date part. It seriously wasn’t a date!

                “Alright.” God, Junhyung was killing me. Admitting that we actually did kiss was the last thing I wanted to do right now but at the same time I knew I should, knew I needed to.

                “Well…there may have been a little kiss. Like…less than...” I debated with myself. “Four,” I finally squeaked. What the hell. That was probably the worst way to admit to it…

                “Less than four?” Junhyung asked, his eyes venomous.

                “Well! Less than three!”

                “Hyemin, he. Is. Your. Teacher. Do you like him or something!?”

                “What?! No!” I exclaimed. “Who are you to lecture me, anyways?! You’re my teacher but it’s just fine when I go to the club or go out with you. Do you know how many indirect kisses we’ve had!?”

                Junhyung’s jaw was taut. “Fine. You’re right. I have no right to lecture you. I hope you have fun with Hyunseung. But I wouldn’t advise getting caught,” he told me as he left. I had never heard Junhyung’s tone so icy before. I felt…numb. I couldn’t believe we had just had that argument.

                I leaned back against my chair and let my head roll back, groaning. And to think how nicely today had started off…

 

--

could you tell something junhyung-related was gonna happen because of the main image..? ^^