Truth - Recovered

Attracted to You.

TRUTH 

 

 

“Oppa! Where are you?” You asked coming out of the library. “Sorry sis. Got stuck in traffic, I don’t think I’ll be there anytime soon. I’ll call you when I get there.”



Your step brother was a few years older than you. His name was Hyunwoo and he was a really sweet brother. You’ve always wanted a brother just like him. He cared and cherished as if you were his biological sister. You couldn’t ask for a better brother.



“That’s fine, See you later.” You hung up and put your cellphone into your bag. You tightened your grasp onto the strap of your bag. You realized that there was a café just next to the library. * I need a drink.*



You walked into the café and ordered yourself a cup of hot tea. You took your hot tea and went outside to the café patio and sat down. The wind was gently blowing past you and you curled a strand of your medium length black hair. The chemotherapy had lost all of your hair but during the 8 months it slowly grew back. Although you wanted it to be longer, you were just grateful to have your hair back.



You sipped your tea and started to surf the net on your phone.



A half an hour had past and your step brother hasn’t called you yet. *Something must have happened on the road.* You sighed and checked the time. You weren’t actually in a rush so you decided to give a little more time for your brother to call.



You went back to your phone when you felt a shadow hovering over the table. You looked up and your eyes widened. “Yunhee?” You looked at her from head to toe. She didn’t have much make up on. She wasn’t wearing her branded clothing that would exposer herself too much. She wasn’t wearing her designer heels. She gained a lot of weight. Or you thought she did.



You gave it a second thought and realized that it was much more than her gaining weight. She was pregnant.



“Mind if I sit?” She asked you. You looked around and the tables weren’t occupied. “There are a lot of open tables for you to sit at.” You coldly stated and went back to your phone. But you noticed that she sat into the seat anyways.


“You look different.” She gave you a meek smile. You took your eyes off your phone and looked at her. “You too.” You sarcastically smiled.



“I know.” She chuckled and looked down at her round stomach. You looked at her with your poker face and her smile faded.



“Okay, look, Eun Mi. I’m sorry.” She sympathetically looked at you.  You had to admit it. You didn’t want to hear what she had to say.



“Why are you even here? Stop with the good girl act okay. That’s not you.” You grabbed your bag and was about to go but she grabbed onto your wrist.



“I’m here to do the right thing.” She answered to your question. You stood there debating on whether or not you should leave or stay.



“I should have done this a long time ago. I never realized what you were going through. How are you? I thought you were really dead.” She whispered the last part. You turned around and glared at her.



“Too bad for you, I’m still alive. Don’t get your hopes up though. My life might end soon anyways.” You crossed your arms and looked away. You didn’t want her to see the sadness in your eyes.



“That’s not what I meant.” She stood up. “I am honestly sorry for what I have done. I was just really mad that you took Ilhoon away from me.”



“So to get back at me you decided to ruin my life by sleeping with him? Well I guess your plan worked. Not only did you get rid of me by sleeping with him. You actually got yourself a baby.” You smirked. The smirk hid your frown. You were at the verge of crying. “Congratulations.” You glared at her and was about to go but stopped when Yunhee spoke.



“I never slept with him.” Yunhee sighed and caressed her belly. “I drugged him and got him to drink alcohol. I was the one who took that picture of the both of us and sent it to you. Ilhoon didn’t know what was going on he was sleeping. You have to believe me Eun Mi.”



“Why?” “Ilhoon loves you. He did before and he still does.”



You stood there as there were so many questions piling up in your mind right at this moment.



“Are you wondering why I’m not that ty I was the last time you saw me?” Yunhee smiled even though she just insulted herself.

 

“After I found out that I was pregnant it was like I got hit in the head and gained all of my senses back. I was a terrible and desperate person and I want to sincerely say sorry to you for that.” You looked into her eyes. Her eyes were sincere.



“Wait.” You said “If you didn’t sleep with Ilhoon then who is the father of the baby?” You nodded towards her stomach.



“I took a maternity test just after I found out that I was pregnant and the father isn’t Ilhoon. It was someone else whom I slept with before this whole mess happened with Ilhoon.”



Your phone started to go off. It was your step brother calling which mean that he has arrived.



“I have to go.” You walked away.



“Wait!” You heard Yunhee call out and you stopped in your tracks. “Forgive Ilhoon. He had nothing to do with this. He missed you a lot and He loves you. He always did and he always will.” Yunhee stated. When she finished talking, you walked out of the café to look for your brother.



*Is she really serious? She really never slept with Ilhoon?* You thought to yourself. “Ilhoon, you jerk. I thought you were playing with my heart.” You mumbled to yourself and your eyes started getting teary. You actually never meant to call Ilhoon a jerk. You were actually calling yourself one for doubting him.