Where

Attracted to You.

You have finally woke up and was placed in a patient room. You refused to see anyone as tears slid down your cheeks. Nothing mattered to you anymore. You didn't care about your condition anymore. It didn't matter if your life was going to end tomorrow. 



The picture that Ilhoon sent you that morning kept appearing in your mind. You closed your eyes letting the tears slide down your face and drop onto your pillow. 



*He was playing with me all along...* You sobbed. "It was all a joke." You bit your lip as hard as you could. You blamed yourself for believing him, you thought he actually loved you but he was actually playing with your heart all alone. 
 


The doctor glanced at you before leaving the room. There were three girls waiting by the door hoping for the results would come out fine. 



"How is she, doctor?" Your mother was the first to ask. Her eyes were watery and she was on the verge of crying. 



"Well, her condition got worst over the past few weeks. I suggest we get to the treatment quickly as possible before it's too late." Sun Jung and Jin Ae were slightly relieved but they were still worried, so was your mother. 



"Can we see her?" Sun Jung asked and sniffled. "Sure. But she refuses to see anyone at the moment. But I suggest at least one of you should go in and comfort her. I think she needs it." Dr. Nam gave them a smile. 



"I'll go in." Your mother said. Jin Ae and Sunjung were abit shocked that she cared for you. 



"About the treatment, please Mrs. Song come to my office once you have talked with your daughter." He bowed before leaving with the nurse. The three girls bowed. Jin Ae walked away since she was receiving a call. Sun Jung watched as Dr. Nam walked away.



"I'll just go in first." Your mother said and went into the room. Sun Jung leaned against the wall and sighed. She knew exactly why you didn't want to see anyone at the moment. She had your phone on her and she opened it to the photo that Ilhoon had sent you earlier. 



*That jerk...* Suddenly there was an incoming call on your phone, it was ilhoon calling. Sun Jung was debating on whether or not she should answer it or not. She shook her head and turned the device off. *It’s for the better.*



Your mother slowly stepped in and heard you sobbing. It was the first time she took the time to pay attention to the time to take note of your soft sobs. Usually when your mother would abuse you or treated you horribly, you'd cry when she wasn't in sight. 



Your mother swallowed hard. She would do anything to make it up to you, her daughter. She deeply regretted her decision for mistreating you.



You heard footsteps and you immediately wiped your tears away. "I said I don't want to see anyone right now. Go please." You said with a shaky voice. 



"I don’t think I can do that." Your mother spoke out which caused you to sit up and looked at her. Your eyes were puffy and pink with your tear-stained face. 



"Umma." You whispered. You sniffled as she sat down on the edge of the bed. He swept your bangs and curled it behind your ears. At this moment you were so confused. What happened to your mother?



"Do you know why I did it?" She asked while she placed her warm hand on top of yours. It has been years, since you've been this close with your mother. Your eye widened while she wiped your tears away with her thumb. 



"You reminded me of your father. So I pushed you away. At the time when I had you, He had a wife and a son which I never knew of." Your mother sheepishly looked to the floor. “I became furious and thought that having you was a mistake.”



"Why are you telling me this?" You softly asked. "I wanted to say sorry for not being a better mother after all these years. I regret not being able to look out for you as a mother throughout all these years. Umma is very very sorry, Eun Mi." 



"Umma..." You felt that another round of tears was coming back again. You hugged your arms around your mother



She pulled away and caressed your face. “How are you feeling right now? If you’re tired, you should rest.” She sniffled and smiled at you.



“Umma.” You voice cracked as tears kept flowing down your cheeks. You were weak and sore, your heart felt like it was breaking into a million pieces. You were hurt, deeply, inside and out. You uneasily bit your lip. What you were going to say might shock your mother, knowing that the two of you have just made up.



“Umma, I don’t want to be here anymore.” You broke into another cry. Your mother was beyond shocked. What did you mean by that? She brought you into her embrace. You felt better in your mother’s arms. She patted your back.



“There, there…” She comforted you.


“Why isn’t she answering her phone?” Ilhoon muttered as he rushed over to your apartment. “Aish… Is she mad at me for being late?”



He ran up the stairs and into the apartment. He kept calling but every time he called the phone kept telling him the number he was calling was unavailable.



He reached your door and began knocking. He waited but there was no one to answer it. He knocked again and no response.



*Where are they?* He kept knocking. He groaned and dialed your number again but still no answer.



He paced back and forth in front of your door. He was anxious to know where you were. But most importantly he was afraid of what the circumstances were after he tells you he crossed the line last night after he left your apartment.



Ilhoon ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “This isn’t good.” He bit his lip.



This wouldn’t have happened if you accepted the call from Yunhee after he left your place. He wouldn’t have been feeling scared at the moment.
 


*I didn’t mean to do it Eun Mi. Forgive me.*