When Jin Ae Knows...

Attracted to You.

Days after the beach trip, you and Ilhoon had been seeing each other almost every day. Your condition was starting to get worse and every morning, you feel as if you were weaker then the day before. Jin Ae was back to her full time job and you didn’t want her to deal with your condition. You would feel as if you would be a burden to her.

 

Jin Ae had spent less time with Eun Kwang to watch over you and to go to work each day. Although, Jin Ae wasn’t your mother, it was her reposibility as an older unnie to take care of the dongsaeng in the house. She knew that there was Sun Jung who can watch over you but she was paranoid of what would actually happen to you.

 

“Home sweet home!” Jin Ae spoke to herself as she turned off the car and let out a relieved sigh. It was 1 o’clock in the morning and she was exhausted from working all day.

 

She was about to open the door and get out of her car when suddenly her phone started going off in her bag. She took her bag and searched for her phone. When she found it, she answered it and placed it on her ear.

 

“Hel –“ “Why are you always calling this phone number? Who are you?” A familiar voice spat through the phone.

 

“Oh? Mrs. Song? Annyeonghaesayo!” “I’m not married… Do I know you?”

 

“It’s Park Jin Ae, I was the one who rented a room in your apartment.” “What do you want?” Jin Ae took the phone away and glared towards it hoping it would explode over your mother’s disrespectful attitude. But she held in her anger and brought the phone back to her ear.

 

Jin Ae suddenly became tense. *Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea looking for Eun Mi’s mother.*

 

“Hello?!” “Oh well, I kept calling because… your daughter… she’s sick.” Jin Ae heard a sigh from the other line.

 

“If she’s hurting, give her pain killers. If she has a flu or fever, bring her to the doctors or something. Okay, simple, I really don't have the time to talk to you. Goodbye.”

 

“Wait!” Jin Ae wasn’t done talking and she wasn’t planning on looking for her mother after this phone call. “What now?” “Ms. Song. If I were to say that Eun Mi has cancer. Would you then have the time to speak?”

 

Your mother became stiff and didn’t have anything to say.

 

“Hello?” Jin Ae’s eyes furrowed. *Did she hang up on me?*

 

“Is it leukemia?” Your mother said, which caused Jin Ae to raise an eyebrow. Your mother spoke out in a whole new tone of voice. It was definitely a 360 degree transformation. "Y-yeah." Other then that, Jin Ae wondered how she knew. "How is the doctor going to treat it?"

 

Although, Jin Ae never got to know your mother properly, but one thing she knew that your mother had a really cold attitude.

 

“Ah, well the doctor said that there were two ways. One: we get her into therapy when the time is right. Or two: she needs to do a surgery right away.” Jin Ae was about to tell her which was better for you, so she opened but nothing came out because your mother started taking.

 

“Call me if anything happens. Don’t tell her that I called. Thanks.” She said before hanging up. Jin Ae sat there in the driver’s seat as she took her phone away from her ear and stared at her phone, stunned.

 

“Did she just– What did she just say? Thanks? Huh?”

 


 

“You should really go. Jin Ae is going to come back soon.” You said, turning off the television. Ilhoon was over to watch a movie with you. It was one in the morning and Ilhoon still haven’t gone home yet. Sun Jung was in her room while the two of you were spending time alone in the living room. She rather have her eyes glued on her laptop screen then to watch a movie with you lovebirs.

 

“Does Jin Ae noona know that were going out?” Ilhoon didn’t want to leave so he left the topic of him leaving. You ducked and slowly shook your head.

 

“Why? Sun Jung knows.” “Did you see her reaction this morning? I'm sure that when Jin Ae knows, she'll have the same exact reaction to Sun Jung's.” You rubbed your arm as you sighed.

 

“You’re cute, you know that?” He chuckled as he lightly tapped your nose. “How is that cute?"

 

“You’re afraid to tell the world about our relationship.” He nodded with a grin and put his arm around your waist and pulled you close to him. “Araso. That’s okay with me, I’m ready when you’re ready.” He said. You blushed as his touch.

 

You had to admit as much as you loved being this close to Ilhoon, you still needed to adjust your state as you were around him. Ilhoon noticed you blushing and lightly chuckled.

 

“Eun Mi, why are you blushing?” He asked as he cupped your cheeks with his hands. Your eyes rounded and you quickly escaped his hands. “I-I was not blushing…” You stuttered as you quickly stood up to go but he grabbed your wwristt and pulled you down to his lap.

 

You shrieked and with his sudden action that you suddenly wrapped your arms around his neck. His face was just inches away from yours.

 

You swallowed hard. You realized that you and Ilhoon hadn’t shared a kiss ever since the day you said yes to your relationship with him. You found it hard to breathe as your body was heating up, and so was your face.

 

“O-Oppa … what are you doing?” You asked. Ilhoon’s heart skipped a beat from the name Oppa. He heard it many times from Yunhee but he actually felt something when you said it.

 

“You know, I’ve seen you quite a lot lately, but I feel that the amount of time we have spent with each other isn’t enough for me.” A smirk played on his lips as he looked directly in your eyes.

 

“W-we see other every day though.” You stammered. You felt that his arms gripped harder around you which caused your body to press against his body. Your heartbeat picked up so fast you were sure he felt it. Because you definitely felt his beating, just like your heart, it was beating rapidly. "That's not enough." He shook his head.

 

“Oppa, c-can you let me go?” You asked, not realizing that your arms were still wrapped around his neck.

 

“No.” He simply replied. “If I did let you go, then I wouldn’t be able to do this.” He said then instantly his lips crashed into yours. Your eyes widened for a couple of second but they eventually fell close and you passionately replied to his kiss.

 

Your hands managed to cup his neck and you cupped it making sure he wasn’t going to pull away anytime soon. The both of you were so lost in his kiss that you didn’t know the sounds of keys dangling outside the door.

 

Jin Ae let out a sigh and closed the door behind her. She noticed that the lights in the living room were still on.

 

“Those two girls.” She muttered and shook her head. *They forgot to turn off the lights again.* She walked across the hall and walked into the living room. She stopped in front of the door and her eyes widened.

 

Her jaw dropped and she accidently dropped her keys on the floor which brought your to pull away. You turned your head and your eyes widened as you let out a gasp. Ilhoon followed your gaze quickly and he was also surprised to see Jin Ae at the door.

 

You flushed as you quickly got off of Ilhoon’s lap and you slipped and hit your hard on the flat ground.


Ilhoon grew alarmed and got off the couch to your side. “Eun Mi-ah. Are you okay?”