Unfamiliar Feeling

Attracted to You.

 

Chapter 1

 

“Eun Mi!”

 

The voice that belonged to your friend, Sun Jung called out for you. You slipped on your leopard print high heel dress pumps that were given by Sun Jung. You huffed as you stood up and gazed into the mirror and examined your figure.

 

*I look like Barbie!* You frowned. Sun Jun loved to bring you out to parties. She thought that you were always alone so being the good friend; she chooses to bring you along.

 

Sun Jung was going to college soon and so, she wanted to welcome the summer by bringing you along to the senior party that is planned that night. You and Sun Jung share a healthy sister-like relationship. Even though you decline her offers, she still drags you along and for some reason, you were never bothered by it.

 

Sun Jung opened the door and she was also dressed up as if she was going to a club. “I don’t want to go!” You frowned, already knowing she wouldn’t listen. She placed her palms on her hips.

 

“Come on, Eun Mi! Trust me, you’ll have fun!” Her cherry red lips curved and she took your wrist and brought you out the door. “You’ll thank me.” She said as you groaned.

 


 

You stepped out of the car and shut the door. Your eyes were laid on the mansion before you. There were a lot of people. Girls were dressed in their short party dresses and heels while the guys wore formal suits.

 

“How did you get invited to a party like this?” You asked Sun Jung, as you both were walking into the mansion, side by side. Sun Jung waved to some of the people she had known from school.

 

“This is my friend’s boyfriend’s house.” She said. Sun Jung spotted her target and was about to leave but you held onto her wrist. “Unnie, don’t leave me!” You pouted as you whispered.

 

“This place is filled with hotties, go play with them.” She winked. “I’ll see you later.” She waved and walked off. You frowned. *Always leaving me.* You sighed.

 

“I don’t even know why she wants me to come…” You muttered as you walked over to the bar. You sat on the chair and rested one arm on the counter while you rested your chin on your palm.

 

“Oh, Miss beautiful, may I get you a drink?” The bartender came up to you. You perked up and gave a meek smile. “Sparkling water, please.” You ordered.

 

“Sparkling water?” He raised an eyebrow. “Don’t you want something else?” He asked. Usually he would get orders like alcohol or cocktail but this was probably this first serving sparkling water at a party like this.

 

“No, I want sparkling water.” You repeated, wondering why he asked you for something else.

 

“Okay then… Sparkling water, coming right up.” He uneasily said to you. While you were waiting, your eyes wondered around the house.

 

The bartender put the glass cup in front of you and you thanked him. You were about to wrap your hand around it but someone took it away from you before you could do so.

 

Your eyebrows furrowed and looked to your side.  You found that it was a male, gulping down the water.

 

He slammed the glass cup onto the counter and panted. He glared straight ahead and you followed his glare. Your eyes landed on a female who was giggling with another man.

 

*Someone’s jealous.* Your lips curved.

 

You became serious. “Hey! That was my drink!” You scowled. He didn’t bother looking at you. “Here take it.” He said and handed the empty cup back to you. Your jaw dropped. He left and walked over to the female. You watched how he pulled the female away from the man.

 

The bartender lightly chuckled and gave you another cup. “Thanks.” You thanked him and took a sip.

 

You looked up from your drink and saw the male who took your drink earlier. He was in a corner talking to his girlfriend. From a distance, you can tell that the girlfriend was pleading for forgiveness.

 

You couldn’t help but to lay your eyes on the male. The male’s lips suddenly curved into a smile. You had to admit it, he had a charming smile. You noticed how his hair was dyed to a brown shade of colour, it suited him well.

 

You realized what you were doing and looked away. *Song Eun Mi, what’s wrong with you?*

 

You got up and needed to use the washroom. You noticed how everyone in the mansion had at least someone to have fun with, while you were alone. You walked up the stairs and steadily looked around for the washroom.

 

You spotted the girl leaving the washroom and you went inside and shut the door.

 

Moments later, you opened the door and walked out when you bumped into someone and stepped back. A little gasp escaped from your mouth. You gulped when you realized it was the male you had your eyes on earlier.

 

You and the male both exchanged gazes and a staring contest began. There was an unfamiliar feeling inside of you that you haven’t felt before.

 

On the other hand, the male also never felt this way before. He became warm on the inside.  He has never felt this way towards anyone before, not even toward his girlfriend.