She'll Be Fine.

Attracted to You.

 

Jin Ae was waiting at the dining table while you sent Ilhoon out the door. You walked down the hall and Ilhoon slipped in his shoes. You crossed your arms feeling a bit uneasy as to what Jin Ae would say to you.

 

Ilhoon looked up and saw your worried expression. He walked up to you and gave you a soft smile that would make you relax a bit.

 

“Jin Ae noona isn’t even the type to throw a fit. Don’t worry.” He took your hand and gave it a gently squeeze. “Don’t you remember, that time when she was about to punch Yunhee in the face at the café.” You asked him.  

 


“She was?” Ilhoon raised an eyebrow. “I didn’t notice I was too busy worrying about you since you looked sick that day.” You immediately softened and you slightly blushed. You’re heart fluttered. He showed he cared a lot about you even if he hardly ever talked to you. That brought you to remember that day when you jumped into the water and he came to save you.
 


“You’re blushing again.” He chuckled and poked your cheeks, interrupting your daze. You rolled your eyes and lightly shoved him in the chest. “How’s your ?” He started laughing. It was obvious that he was teasing you for falling earlier.
 


“It’s because of you that I fell.” You pouted and crossed your arms. Ilhoon chuckled.
 


“Did it hurt? Let me see.” Ilhoon reached out but earned a slap from you. “Don’t play around, oppa!” You turned red from embarrassment. “Leave.” You opened the door and waited for him to step out.
 


“Don’t be mad. I just wanted to see if my girlfriend got hurt or not.” He walked up and wrapped his arms around your waist.
 


“Let’s go on a date tomorrow, araso? I’ll come by at 12.” He winked. “Good night baby.” He kissed you on the cheek before leaving.
 


“First date.” You mumbled and giggled. You closed the door and locked it before going into the dining room to see Jin Ae sleeping on her arms at an uncomfortable position.
 


You walked over and lightly tapped on her shoulder. “Jin Ae unnie.” You whispered. Her eyes fluttered open and she lifted her head up.
 


“Jin Ae, if you’re tired you should go to bed. We can talk in the morning.” You gave her a soft calming smile. Jin Ae looked really tired. It wasn’t like you didn’t want to have this talk with Jin Ae. The conversation would just have to wait in the morning.
 


She nodded and got out of the chair. She stopped in her steps and looked back. “Eun Mi-ah.”
 


“Yeah?” You asked. “I’m happy that you and Ilhoon are together now. Congrats.” She smiled and left the room.
 


*I was worried for nothing.* You silently thought as your lips curved upwards. You were glad that Jin Ae was okay with the relationship between you and Ilhoon.
 

 




The next morning, you woke up with the worst headache ever. The throbbing pain caused your condition to get worst then before. You felt sick and weak while you were getting ready for your date with Ilhoon.



“Are you sure you can go today?” Sun Jung asked, leaning against your closet door as you sat on your bed massaging your temple. Your face was pale and you didn’t look like you had the energy to even stand up.



“I don’t want to let Ilhoon down. It’s just a bad headache. I’m sure it’ll go away.” You said as you got up and walked over to your closet. But once you took your final step, your legs gave out and you fell to the ground. Luckily Sun jung was there to help you.



“Okay, you need to cancel this date with him. You can’t go if you’re hurting like this.” Sun Jung said, feeling worried by the second.
 


“Let me go. I need go, I don’t even know if I will ever be able to go out with him. Please let me go.” You pursed your lips. Sun Jung knew that you were right. You stood up and she helped you.
 


“Are you sure, you want to do this?” You nodded. “Okay then. But if anything happens, you give me a call alright. I have Dr. Nam on speed dial.”
 


You looked up and raised an eyebrow. “What? He gave me his card.” Sun Jung bit her lip. You could tell she had a crush on the doctor.
 


You let out a weak chuckle and shook your head.
 


After getting ready, you told Sun Jung that you were going to wait for Ilhoon outside. You bid goodbye to her and made your way down the elevator. You reached the front and walked outside. You met with a slight breeze as you opened the door. You felt weaker than earlier but you stayed strong for this date.
 


You went to sit on the benches by the door and waited for Ilhoon. You realized you haven’t checked your cell phone all morning and you wondered if you have gotten and calls or texts from Ilhoon.
 


1 new message.
 


Your eyes widened. It was sent at 5AM in the morning. It was from Ilhoon which you wondered why he would send a message to you that early in the morning. You opened the new message and suddenly your heart dropped like an anvil.
 


Your eyes were going to bulge out any second now as you looked at the message. It was actually a photo that was sent from Ilhoon.
 


You stood up causing your purse to fall to the floor. Your phone slipped out of your hand and also met with the floor. You were on the verge of tears. Even though you weren’t looking at the picture right now, it appeared in your head clearly.
 


All of a sudden, you felt your lungs tightening in you which was harder for you to breathe. You didn’t know if it was from your condition or from the picture.
 


You closed your eyes and the picture appeared once again. After Ilhoon left your apartment the night before, you knew he was with Yunhee the whole night. The picture showed that they were both together under the covers.
 


You swallowed hard and knelt down to pick up your belongings. The security man of the building came walking out of the apartment. He noticed you and approached to you. Your vision was burry from your tears, so you couldn’t really see him.
 


“Eun Mi. Are you alright? You look really pale.” The man grew worried. He found it strange how you completely ignored him as you kept walking. You took short even steps but you you didn’t know where you were going, you just continued to walk. Tears flowing down your cheeks as you were trembling.
 


Your head felt dizzy and the throbbing pain in your head was taking over you. You felt weaker and weaker.  
 


“Are youokay? Answer me, Eun Mi.” The security man followed you. He put a hand on your shoulder. You turned around and blinked at him for a few times for a couple of seconds before passing out.

 



“I hope Eun Mi is okay. This is my entire fault if I haven’t let her go out this morning and let her rest at home she wouldn’t have fainted.” Sun Jung ran her fingers through her hair. She was sitting in front of the emergency room. The doctor was now checking on your condition.
 


*She has to be okay… She needs to be okay…*
 


“Sun Jung-ah.” Jin Ae called out as she ran towards Sun Jung. “What’s going on with Eun Mi? Is she okay?”
 


“Dr. Nam didn't come out yet.” She cried. “Otokae? I don’t want Eun Mi to go…” She wiped her tears away.
 


Jin Ae also had watery eyes. She also didn’t want you to leave. Jin Ae hugged Sun Jung. “I know Eun Mi is stronger than that. She’ll be fine.” Jin Ae assured and bit her lip. *I hope*
 


Your mother ran into the scene to see both Jin Ae and Sun Jung crying as they embraced each other.
 


*Is it too late? Is she gone?* Your mother gripped onto her purse. *I should have been there for her. I should have been a better mother…*
 


annyeong~ I am so sorry, I haven't updated for the past week. 
I admit I was being lazy and because I was going through writer's block again. ): 
For those who ready my previous fic, I put up the sequel for it ~!