Birthday Boy

Lucky Girlfriend

Every day after school, I will try to make a way back home to let Minki teach me the guitar chords. It took me exactly one month to finish practicing ‘Kiss the rain’ song on guitar and what surprised me is that I can finally play the song on my pink guitar.

The day finally arrived and Jonghyun’s birthday fell on the day, Friday, which is a perfect day to celebrate birthday after school ended.

“Morning, baby.” Jonghyun take a sit on the sofa in our living room while eating his biscuit waffles.

“Morning, Jonghyun. Jonghyun, what will you do after school today?” I didn’t want to wish him yet.

“Just stay at home. Why? Do you have any plans?” He asked.

“No. I was just asking. ;et’s go to school before we get any detention for late coming.” I replied taking his hands and led him to the front door.

‘Just have patience and wait for a little hours more. You will be completely surprised. Hehe.’

~~~~~~~~~~`

“Jonghyun, go back yourself, okay? I have something to do. I promise I will be back by 4pm. In the meantime, go and have a nap.” I said while patting his back.

“Baby, do you forget something?” He asked with his eyes widening.

I pretended to look for something, “I don’t think so. I have everything here. Got to go first, Jonghyun. See you at four.” I waved at him. I feel apologetic towards him but I will sure compensate it back to him later.

“Everything done?” I asked both Minzy and Aron who is here with me after we bought what we need for today’s party.

“Dobe, Jonghyun’s girlfy. Let’s go before Jonghyun think we are one useless bunch of friends.” Aron take all the bags in my hand and walked together with Minzy side by side.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

“My 18th birthday and I’m here alone staring into the ceiling whithout my girlfriend by my side or even Jaejoong hyung. Or even Aron. No one remembers my birthday.” I sigh and put a pillow on my face and drive myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~`

“Ya, Hyemi. Don’t you think Jonghyun will hear us? I do things really loudly.” Aron asked.

“You sounded wrong, really. Anyways, Jonghyun is a heavy sleeper and I don’t think he will hear us.” I answered.

“Don’t waste time anymore and let’s go up.” I shoot my finger up and we went in my dorm.

“See what I told you just now. He is sleeping and the house is quiet. Let’s get to work.” I said at once and they started to get to work.

Aron hang the birthday banner from a wall end to a wall end right above our television. Minzy inflate all the red and pink balloon while I am preparing all the fruits, snack and lastly Jonghyun’s birthday cake, Chocolate Brownie fudge.

After we have spent twenty minutes preparing, we off all the lights and we sat on the floor while I am doing my last practice before playing it for Jonghyun.

“Okay, now how do we call him out?” Aron abruptly asked.

I let out a smile and answered, “Look at this.”

“JONGHYUN, WAKE UP AND HELP ME!” I shouted for ‘help’.

“What the hell, Hyemi. How do you think he will—“ He paused and Jonghyun ran out his room.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” He asked sleepily but I can see he cares.

“Kim Jonghyun, happy birthday.” We three said in unison and both Minzy and Aron pulled out the party popper.

Before he even try to reply, I started playing the song that he had wanted to listen to long ago.

He stood there with his hand supporting the wall and he looked at me with his body pumped up and down. Maybe because he just woke up.

I tried to look at him but I can’t concentrate because that look from him make my heart flutter ten times as usual.

“Baby.” He walked to me after I have finished playing.

“Stand up.” He told me while offering his hand towards me.

I breathe in and held his hand.

He pulled me and hug me out of the blue. I’m not sure if he see Minzy and Aron in front of us.

“Jonghyun, there’s people here.” I said while putting my hand behind him.

“What do I care. You’re here and all that matters.” He broke the hug and I saw a tear fall down his cheek.

“Jonghyun, why are you crying?” I said while wiping his tears with my thumb.

With his hand on my waist, he said. “Because I am happy to have you in my life.”

I bit my lip and my heart beat hundred times faster now.

“Alright alright. Enough of the emotional couple time. We are here to celebrate your birthday not having a crying session.” Aron stood up.

“Happy 18th birthday, bro. Actually, should I call you hyung?” Aron .

“Whatever. Thanks, bro. Thanks, Minzy. Thanks, baby.” He thanked and sat beside me.

“You’re welcome. Make a wish first before you blow out the candle, JR.” Minzy said.

“You are welcome to call me Jonghyun, Minzy. You’re Hyemi’s friend so its okay.” Minzy nodded and said, “Alright, Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun smiled and make a wish before blowing out the candle.

“Yay.” We clapped our hands and I said, “What do you wish for, Jonghyun?” I .

“If I tell people, my wish won’t come true, right?” He said while pinching my cheeks.

“Alright alright.” I passed him the strawberry that is cut into half.

“I love you, baby.” He lean on his head on my shoulders like a spoiled boyfriend.

“You’re welcome. Let’s start eating.”

~~~~~~~~~~~`

‘I wished that I will be with you three forever together with Jaejoong hyung. I just want happiness especially with Ryu Hyemi and hope that the arranged marriage will not happen.’

I kissed her cheek one more time and started eating the fruits, snacks and my favorite cake.

~~~~~~~~~`