New Student

Lucky Girlfriend

“I heard that there will be a new student joining our class today.” Minzy started the conversation with me before school starts in class.

“Really? How did you know?” I said back.

“I don’t know. I just heard. And many people said that the student is a boy. They saw him at the office just now.”

“Oh.” I said and continue reading my book.

“What’s wrong with you? You seem very quiet today, Hyemi.  Ahh, is it because of Jonghyun, your boyfriend?” She teased.

“Quiet Minzy. They will hear you.” I said while putting a finger on my mouth.

“Really? Sooner or later they will know.”

“Class, sit back at your places. We have a new student here with us today.”

Ms Hara came in together with Mr Lee and a boy. A cute cold boy.

“He will be with us together until we graduate. As you can see his looks, he is a mix of a Korean and a German. So, let’s welcome Jo Hayden.” Ms Hara introduced him as she claps.

The whole class clap together including me and Hayden just bow without smiling.

“So Hayden, where will you like to sit?” Mr Lee asked.

I can see all the girls in my class wait like as if Hayden will sit beside them.

“There.” He pointed the empty table and chair beside me.

“Oh. Beside Ryu Hyemi? Sure. Have a fun day in school, Hayden.” Mr Lee patted his back and he walk towards me.

I was so shocked and the whole class turned behind and eyed Hayden especially the girls.

“Hi, I’m Hayden. Jo Hayden.” He pulled out the chair and sit down beside me.

“O-oh hi. Ryu Hyemi.” I answered while looking at his side profile.

He is looks so cute. With the thought of that, I saw Jonghyun looking at me with his eyebrow frowned and his mouth pouted.

“Nice to meet you. Hope we can be friends, Hyemi.” He smiled and held out his hand.

I took his hand and smiled back at him.

‘Baby, don’t you ever try to flirt with him.’ –Jonghyun <3

‘Hehe, Jonghyun-uh. He’s cute. Cuter than you.’

‘Can’t beat me. I’m more ier <3 ;)’ –Jonghyun <3

I smiled at Jonghyun’s silly messages and open up my English notes.

~~~~~~~~`

School ended few hours later and we decided to start on our Chemistry project in the School Library.

“Aron, did you bring all the stuffs that we need?” Minzy asked.

“Yes. Have you thought on how we are going to do it?”

“Yes. Its quite simple.” I sit together with Jonghyun while looking at both Minzy and Aron.

“Baby-uh, you have nothing to do today, right?” Jonghyun asked.

“Nope. I’ll just have to wait for all the work done and I will conclude them. So, what can I do today, Jonghyun?” I said and looked at him.

Suddenly, he hold my hand and answered, “Go back home. Baby-uh, can you cook for me? Imagine that I’m going back home after a long day at work and when I reached home, you will take my bag and lead me to the dinner table and say, ‘Jonghyun, ah.’ And you will feed me ddukbokki.” He said while smiling from ear to ear with his eyes looking small.

“You and your imagination. Araso, I’ll go back first. Bye.” I whacked his head lightly and bid goodbye to Minzy and Aron.

“Bye baby. Make sure you cook for me.” He said as he slowly let go of my hand and he continue researching his part for the project.

~~~~~~~~`

As I was walking around the school to get familiar to it, many girls from my class followed me for no reason. I tried to ignore them because they are so annoying.

“Hayden-uh, where do you stay?”

“Hayden-uh, which dorm are you living in?”

“Hayden-uh, where are you from?”

I turned behind and faced them.

“Girls, please stop following me. I am not interested in anyone of you. Please.” In annoyed I rolled my eyes and walk away from them.

‘Oh. Why is my heart suddenly beating so fast? Weird.’ I put my hand on my heart which is beating quite weirdly.

From afar, I saw a familiar girl walking towards the main gate.

“Its Hyemi. Hyemi, wait for me.” I shouted at her and she turned behind.

“Oh. Hi Hayden. What are you still doing here? Not going back home?” She ask.

“I’m going home but before that I would like to explore around the school first.” I answered.

“So, have you done exploring?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“Yes. But, I don’t know what is what. Care to show me around?” I said with confidence.

“Errm.” She looked at her watch. “Yeah, sure. Where would you like to go first?”

“Anywhere. I’m not disturbing you, right?”

“Hehe no. Come lets go to the cafeteria, my most favourite place in school.” She said while smiling like an angel. She does not reject in helping me.

After ten minutes, she bought me to the Music corner.

“Hayden, this is the Music Corner. Do you know why this is call the Music corner?” She asked while widening her eyes.

“Yes, because there are a lot of instruments here?” I answered her so call question.

“Yeah. Can you play one of these?” She asked curiously.

“I can play all of them but I have the most confidence when I’m playing the piano. Care to hear my play, Hyemi?”  I walk towards the Piano corner.

“Sure. What song will you play?”

“Kiss The Rain. That is my favorite piano piece.”

“Oh wow. I’m anticipating your own piece, Hayden.”

I smiled at her childishness. I cant deny that she is one cute girl.

~~~~~~~~~`

I opened the door to my dorm and step inside.

“Luckily Jonghyun has not come back yet if not he will be totally mad at me.”

I changed into a comfortable clothes and tie up my hair into a bun like hair.

“What should I start with first?” I open the refrigerator and take out the ingredience for making ddubokki.

“Cool, there chicken fillet left. I’m gonna cook that for myself later.”

I started washing the vegetables but it was interrupted by the doorbell.

“Baby, I’m home. You’re done cooking?”

“Noo! Why are you coming back so fast, Jonghyun?” I rushed out the kitchen and found Jonghyun together with Minzy and Aron.

“Oh my god, Jonghyun. Why do you bring them here?” I looked at my messy hair and the messy place in the kitchen.

“Don’t worry baby. You still looks pretty. So, you’re still cooking?” Jonghyun put his bag down and went to the kitchen dragging me with him.

“What the hell, baby? What are you doing?” Jonghyun shocked expression make me laugh.

“Not funny, baby. And now what are you supposed to do?” He asked.

“Ddukbokki. I’m washing the ingredients right now.” I said as I walk to the sink and continue rinsing the ingredients.

“Aww, baby. You’re cooking ddukbokki for me?’ He pinched my cheeks and let out a cute smile.

“Jonghyun-uh, you can’t be mad at her for cooking ddubokki for you.” Aron said while he’s sitting on our sofa.

“How can I be mad at her?” Jonghyun answered.

“Hyemi, let me help you cook. Just sit here.” Aron suddenly offered to help me.

“Wow, that’s great.” I happily answered and skip to the living room.

“Good Aron good. I’m trying to make her cook for me.” I heard Jonghyun.

So, Aron did everything while the three of us watch the television.

“Minzy-uh, go and help Aron. Don’t disturb me and Hyemi. GO GO GO.” Jonghyun pull Minzy up and drag her to the kitchen.

“Aron, Minzy’s here to help you. Have fun.” Jonghyun left both of them and went to his room.

~~~~~~~~`

I looked at the mirror and remember yesterday incidence.

“Then, I have no choice and tell you this now. You are going to get married in two years to come. We have arranged your marriage with a girl. She’s the daughter of our partners in our work. Her parents are both lawyers. I don’t even care if you disagree with this marriage because we have already agree on it. And yeah, I don’t think your lovely girlfriend there came from a great family. So, don’t even think about marrying him.”

 

What should I do? How will I tell Hyemi that I’m going to meet that old woman this Saturday?

God, why do you give me such a horrible parents? They are making decisions for me without even asking my opinion.

I lay down on my bed and face up the ceiling. All I can see up there is stars and heart pink glowing stickers that Hyemi bought for us when we first move in.

“Jonghyun-uh, I bought this for us. I want us to put this at our ceiling. Do you want to know why?”

“Why?” I put my hand on her shoulder and tilt my head.

Feeling embarrassed, she look away from me.

“Because omma said looking at stars at night will make you feel better. Even if this is not real, we can still stars, right?”

“Okay. Than how about the heart stickers?”

“I don’t know how to explain that but it looks cute together with the stars, isn’t it?”

“Not because you love me, I love you?” I said making her cheek blushed.

“Your blushing, baby. Araso araso, I will put this up. Thanks, baby.” I kissed her cheeks.

I have Hyemi in my life and that’s enough. I don’t need anything to make me happier as long as Hyemi is there by my side. Please, please let this all be a dream. The moment I open my eyes, this thing is not going to happen. I am not going to get married with any girl. My heart only belongs with Hyemi.