Our love stories

Lucky Girlfriend

“So, how do you guys get together?” Jonghyun asked both Aron and Minzy.

“How do you know we are together?” Aron asked back.

“I can see your eyes that is blinded with love. Quick and spill the milk out of the bottle. We are curious, right baby?” Jonghyun feed me a small piece of chocolate cake.

“It started two days ago.”

*Flashback*

We went to have a walk near Han River and we spent the day eating ice-creams and shopping.

“Minzy, actually I have something to tell you.” I stopped Minzy outside a store that sells plushie.

“What is it?” She replied.

“You know, I want to let you know that I like you. Do you have—any feelings for me?” I gather up all my confidence and say in one breathe.

“What do you think?” She questioned.

“No?”

“I do have feelings for you. I like you too, Aron.” She answered while smiling widely.

“Really? You like me?” I almost shouted but I control it.

“Yeahh.” I can see her cheek blushing.

“Great. Now, Gong Minzy, since we both like each other, will you accept me Aron Kwak as your one and only boyfriend?” I confessed boldly in front of many people that is passing by.

“I should say yes, I guess.” I was really happy that I jumped up and down after she said yes.

“Aron, you’re embarrassing me.” She grab a hold of my wrist.

“Alright. Alright. I’ll stop it. Now that you accepted my confession, let’s go and buy something to celebrate today. Then we can boast our relationship to other people.” I interlaced my hand into her’s and we bought a bracelet nearby.

*End of flashback.*

“So, this is the bracelet?” Jonghyun said while looking at the bracelet that Aron is currently wearing.

“Nice. Isn’t it?” Aron asked while grinning widely.

The bracelet is a braid kind of bracelet with both green and purple colors. At the end of the bracelet, has a hanging initials of M and A.

“To be honest, your stories sounds boring, right baby?” Jonghyun intertwined his hand with mine and smiled.

“Everyone has the own stories, Jonghyun. You should be feeling happy for them. You can’t say all love stories are the same. If it is all the same, this world is boring.” I answered giving him long answers.

“Short answers are enough, baby.” He teased.

“Anyways, how do both of you get together?” Minzy suddenly asked while munching on her prawn-flavored cracker.

Both me and Jonghyun look at each other awkwardly and Jonghyun smiled.

“You really want to know?” He said while rocking himself side to side.

“YEAH.” Aron and Minzy said in unison.

“Should we tell them, baby?” He asked tilting his head towards me and smiled.


 

“I think we should tell them.” I answered slowly.

“Is this like the day that I have been waiting for the whole four years we’re together, baby? At last, I can tell someone our cutest and awesome-est love story. All right. It all started during a Motivational camp. You guys remembered when is it?” He said while leaning on the sofa hugging a cushion.

“That was like four years ago.” Aron answered.

“Exactly. It all started there. here we go, baby.” He said and started the story.

*Flashback.*

“Quick and get in line. For today camp, we will be doing spider web game. This game will make your class bonding much more better and for this game no one is allowed to walk over, run over or even crawl over. You must bring your whole classmate over the spider web in three hours. Get ready and I will see which class did a better job in this camp.” The instructor instructed.

“All right how about this. We will bring all the big sized boys over the web and the will carry all of us over to the other side. We need about four of you. Who volunteered?” Kim Seyong, the class monitor suggested.

I just sat at the corner, not bothering what the hell is going on. I have no interest in every thing after I just got abandoned by my own family.

“Minhwan, Changjo and Lee Joon volunteer. Another one? Kim Jonghyun? How about you? You look like you have a big sized body.” He said.

“Not interested. Find someone else. I don’t play childish games.” I said sitting on the table.

“Please, Jonghyun. Don’t be rash. You have to participate.” He argued.

“What do you want me to do? And please, call me JR not Jonghyun. I hate that damn name.” I clear it out.

“All right. All you have to do is bring the other classmates over the web while you are in it with the other three. The way to bring them over is to carry them. You know what’s bridal style carrying, right?” He questioned.

“Okay. Just for the sake of finishing this whole damn stupid game fast.” I sigh and carry on the game.

After two hour of playing this game because if any one of us touched the string, the whole class has to leave the venue and stay outside for one minute.

“All right now that we have all the girls over there, who are the ones who are not the yet. Hyemi? Ryu Hyemi. It’s your turn. Come on.” Seyong said Hyemi’s name and it make my heart flutter faster than usual.

Suddenly, the ache from my back and hand disappeared with the thought that I will carry bridal style and with Hyemi in it. It makes me want to protect her from falling down.

“Get ready, Hyemi. You’re going over the guys hands.” Seyong and Minhwan carried her over the web and pass her to the other boys who volunteered.

“It’s my turn next.” I tried to calm down slowly but I can’t control my heart.

“JR. Here you go.” Lee Joon passed Hyemi to me and finally she is in my arms.

I looked into her eyes unknowingly and my heart feels like it is going to pop out anytime. It is going to stop beating anytime soon. I take a look at her eyes which is like a shining jewel and I reminded myself about the dream and Hyemi is in my dreams.

It is her face. It is her. The girl who I dreamed of is right in front of me. In my arms.

“JR. What are you doing? No lovey dovey time now. Pass her to me and carry that damn Giboon.” Changjo shouted and I finally let out of my dazed.

I didn’t realized a weigh on my arms when carrying Hyemi but when Giboon is suddenly being put on my arms, I lost control and dropped him, causing my classmates to groaned and leave the venue for one minute.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“Now, we have only one boy who are lucky and can choose his roommate. Kim Jonghyu,who do you want to be roomed with when terms re-open?” Miss Dara asked.

“Anyone will do as long as they person agreed.” She smiled.

“Anyone?” I asked.

She nodded and I gave her the answer. “Hyemi. I want to be roomed together with Hyemi.”

The whole class gasped in unbelief and so does Hyemi.

“But Jonghyun, Hyemi is a girl and you’re a boy. How can..?”

“You said anyone, Miss Dara. I want her to be my roommate.” I answered back.

“How about me? You can choose me, Jonghyun.” Hyuna stood up.

“No thanks. I want Hyemi.” I protest.

“All right. I have no say in this. Ryu Hyemi, you agree with his decision?” Miss Dara asked.

“Ermm, okay?” She answered and it makes my heart flutter more and much faster than usual.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“All right Jonghyun, Hyemi. This is your dorm. There’s two rooms and the rooms has a toilet each. Everything you need like a refrigerator, rice cooker, microwave, washing machine and many other electronic device can be found here. Have fun and don’t try anything funny both of you.” Miss Dara said and leave both of us in the dorm.

“Which room do you want, Hyemi?” I started the conversation.

After we went through all the rooms, she decided to take the room at the left while I take the room which is in front of her’s.

“I hope we will be a good roommate, Hyemi. I really want to be together in a dorm with you. If you’re asking the reason why, I will tell you one day.” I held out my hand and she took it.

“Thanks, Jonghyun. I hope I will know the reason soon too. Let’s go and pack our things.” She smiled and I help to carry her stuffs in her room.

After one month we have been together, I confessed to her about my feelings.

When Hyemi is jotting down notes for Chemistry, I throw and letter at her and she looked up.

I mouthed her saying, “Look at that.” And I turned back paying attention to Miss Dara lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

I picked up the letter that is folded into perfect square and opened it.

‘See me after school at the Music Corner today. I have something to tell you.’ ~Jonghyun.

I smiled and kept the letter safely in my pocket.

School ended fast and I went to toilet to make my hair which is messy into a neat ponytail.

“Jonghyun want to see me today at Music Corner. He could have just say it when we’re back dorm.” I sling on my bag over my shoulder and went straight to the Music Corner.

When I reached there, there was a note on the table which has my name on it.

‘Ryu Hyemi. If you’re Ryu Hyemi, please knock on this table before going towards me.’

I knocked on the table because I see there’s no other students except for me and Jonghyun.

He started playing the song Kiss the Rain on the Piano and then when he finished he stand up and turned behind facing me.

“Wow.” I clapped. “But what is this, Jonghyun?” I asked.

“Ryu Hyemi. I like you. You appear in my dreams even before we met. I can’t stop thinking of you. I can’t stop my heart that is beating faster than usual when you talked. I can’t control myself when you’re around. I like you, Hyemi.” He confessed that makes my heart flutter even more faster.

“Jonghyun.” I said.

“I don’t know why I don’t like others calling me Jonghyun but the way you call me Jonghyun is the best and it feels dulcet. Really, Hyemi. I am not kidding nor joking around with you.” He said once again.

“I want to know your feelings towards me too.” He asked.

“Actually, I like you too since the day you carried me at the camp.” I confessed finally.

“Really?” He let out a small smile.

“So, I do I succeed in making you stay or do you want to leave me alone here?” He took a step forward and asked me.

“Yes. If you don’t, I won’t be be here.” I said smiling.

He grabbed my hand and said, “Yes. Do you belong to me now, Hyemi?” He asked while raising his brow.

“What, Jonghyun? I am not yours.” I said while letting out a small giggle.

He pouted and suddenly say, “Will you want to be my lovely girlfriend, Hyemi?”

I think and said yes with a nod.

“Assa! I will remember today, Hyemi. Let me call you baby from now on. All right?” He danced a little which looks funny.

“Baby? That sounds awkward.” I said.

“I call you baby while you can just call me Jonghyun. Only if you want to change my nickname, you can just call me yeobo. How does that sound?” He teased and packed his things up.

“No thanks. Jonghyun will do.” I replied while smoothing out my ponytail with my hand.

“Let’s go, baby.” He took my hand and I didn’t pulled them back, surprisingly.

*End of flashback.*

“So, that’s how we get together. Interesting huh, bro?” Jonghyun punched Aron on his chest.

“Real interesting. I seriously can’t believe that happened four years ago and you’re still together.” Aron said while keep nodding his head.

“Nothing is impossible. Hope you guys last long. For our relationship.” Jonghyun tossed up his drink cup up and we followed him.

“You’re lucky to have him, Hyemi. He seems cold before he is in a relationship. Now, he really look like a boyfriend who girls will die to have.” Aron sipped his orange juice.

‘I know that, Aron.’ I let out a smile and Jonghyun put his hands around my waist which I felt really safe and warm.

~~~~~~~~~`