`o9

His Annoying Games

 

While eating lunch still, Kyung saw Mia walking out of the canteen with her food. “I’ll be back,” Kyung told his friends and follows Mia out. “What’s up with him?” Jihoon asks. “I have no idea,” Yookwon replies with a shrug.

“Hey Yookwon, do you still have P.E. with that girl, Jae Min? Han Jae Min?” Jaehyo asks. “I think so. I haven’t seen her around much lately though,” Yookwon answered. “Why? You like her?” Taeil asked teasing Jaehyo.

Jaehyo snickered and shook his head. “I’m assigned to be her senior partner on this senior and junior . I forgot what we had to do,” Jaehyo answered. “Oh wait, I know what you’re talking about. It’s about that treasure hunt thing,” Taeil said.

“Yea, whatever,” Jaehyo replied. “Oh, I hope I get to be partnered up with a hot noona,” Yookwon said smiling cheekily. “Yah, yah, stop keeping your hopes up,” Jaehyo told Yookwon, but Yookwon just stuck his tongue out at him.

“I hate being a freshman, it’s no fun,” Jihoon said and takes a bite of his sandwich. “That’s right dude, but you’ll be fine,” Taeil replied and then pats Jihoon’s back.

Mia entered inside her homeroom, and started eating her lunch. She walked up to the window side and stared out blankly. Kyung walked by Mia’s homeroom and stood outside watching her.

Then Mia turned around and Kyung acted as if he was passing her homeroom. “Oh Kyung, hey,” Mia greeted him. “Hello,” Kyung greeted back. “You’re not hanging out with your buddies?” She asked. “I did, but then I ditched them,” he answered.

“You’re a bad friend,” Mia said and giggled. Kyung laughed a little and nodded his head. “We hangout everyday. Besides, there’s a barbeque tonight at one of my buddies place, so I can ditch them today,” Kyung replied with a smile.

“Ah, barbeques. Is this a daily thing?” Mia asked. “No, it’s just that his parents aren’t coming home until late, and he’s scared to be alone. So we’re going to hangout with him until they get home,” he answered.

“Oh, I see. So you’re a good friend after all,” she said giggling some more. “Of course! I’m always a good friend,” Kyung replied. Mia gurgled and then pulled Kyung by the hand to look out the window with her.

“Good friend, let’s play ‘I Spy’ together,” Mia suggested. Kyung nodded his head hastily, and they both started their game.


 

Jae Soo was sitting at the lunch table alone, and spaced out the entire time. She didn’t even dare touch her food. “Jae Soo-ah, are you okay?” Ren asked as Jae Soo shook her head and looks at Ren.

“What’s wrong?” Ren asks her. “I don’t really know,” Jae Soo answered with a blank expression. “Okay,” Ren replied confusedly just looking at Jae Soo. “I’m not that hungry. I’ll be in the art room,” Jae Soo said, as she pushes her tray of food aside and walks out of the canteen. Ren couldn’t even stop Jae Soo, and she already disappeared.

Yookwon saw Minhyuk in the dance room dancing for fun and interrupted him. “New moves?” Yookwon asks, as Minhyuk stops and turns around to spot him. “Ah, yeh,” he answered.

“Anyways, is Jae Soo coming through with you to Jaehyo’s place?” Yookwon asked, changing the subject. “Of course,” Minhyuk answered with a chuckle. “So do you even like her?” He asks curiously.

Minhyuk tilts his head and drank his water. “I don’t know,” he answered with a shrug. “You’ve been acting very different ever since you claimed her to be your girlfriend,” Yookwon told him and they both laughed.

“Hey, she’s a cool girl. Yea, I was just messing with her at first, but then I don’t know anymore,” Minhyuk answered. “So you’re falling for her slowly?” Yookwon asks. “Maybe so,” Minhyuk answered with a shrug again, and sat down on the ground wiping his sweat.

“Aww, our Minhyuk is falling in love again,” Yookwon teased and Minhyuk gurgled. “Shut up dude,” he told Yookwon, and threw his sweaty towel at him.

Yookwon laughed and then smiled at Minhyuk. “I’m glad to see you hangout again with a girl and smiling normally. It’s been forever since I’ve seen the real Lee Minhyuk,” Yookwon said, as he sat down next to Minhyuk.

Minhyuk smiled a small one and sighed. “How long has it been?” Minhyuk asked. “One year,” Yookwon answered. “You know though? She’s the first one to make me feel like this. All those other ex-girlfriends that I had, they aren’t like Jae Soo,” Minhyuk explained.

“So you and Jae Soo are really dating?” Yookwon asks. “No , we’re not. According to her, we’re just friends. I’m going to take it slow with her,” Minhyuk answered, as he smiled to himself.

“Woah, woah, Lee Minhyuk taking things slow? What?” Yookwon said in disbelief. “Would you shut up?” Minhyuk told Yookwon as he laughed. “Admit it, you like Jae Soo,” Yookwon said as he nudges Minhyuk’s arm.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and chuckled. “She likes me though,” Minhyuk said smiling. “Oh really? How’d you know?” Yookwon asks curiously. “She told me herself when I pretended to sleep. She said clearly that, if we both met differently, she would’ve gone out with me,” Minhyuk answered proudly.

“Oh wow, I thought it was going to be something cool. How cheesy,” Yookwon said with a disappointing look. “Yah, shut up! If you’re just going to keep making fun of me, go away,” Minhyuk said, pushing Yookwon’s knees.

“Okay, okay, I’ll go. One more thing though,” Yookwon said. “Hm?” Minhyuk asks as he looks up at Yookwon who stood up from his spot. “About that senior and junior treasure hunt. Please pair me up with that beautiful noona in your class!” Yookwon begged.

“What? Heck no! Just because I’m the principal’s son doesn’t mean I rule the entire school,” Minhyuk said refusing Yookwon. “Fine then, I’ll just go and tell the boys or maybe Jae Soo herself that you like her,” Yookwon said, sticking his tongue out at him.

“You purposely came in here to get information out of me only, huh?!” Minhyuk asked angrily. “Pfft, no duh!” Yookwon answered and laughs. Minhyuk got up and laughed with Yookwon too, then wrapped his arm around Yookwon’s neck.

“Tell everybody, and I won’t get you and that chic to be together,” Minhyuk told Yookwon, and pushes Yookwon off him. “Dang, so mean,” Yookwon said as he touches his neck, and watches Minhyuk walks out.

He walked his way back to homeroom, but then saw Jae Soo entering inside her art class. Minhyuk walked to the art room, and saw Jae Soo sat on her seat just staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of her.

She made no sudden movement, except for her body slowly moving being caused by her breathing. Right when he was about to walk in, Jae Soo took out her cellphone.

Minhyuk watched her, and she just sighed. “Want my number?” Minhyuk asked breaking the cold silence. “Oh, you startled me there,” Jae Soo said, as she saw Minhyuk and quickly puts her phone away.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to,” he apologized with a small smile. Jae Soo smiled at him and shakes her head. “No problem at all, and no dude, I don’t want your number,” she said rolling her eyes.

“But if you don’t get my number, how will we call each other?” Minhyuk asks, as he makes his way towards her. “No one wants to hear you,” Jae Soo told him and they both laughed.

“Are you going to draw anything or just sit there and look at the blank paper?” Minhyuk asks, changing the subject and sitting down next to Jae Soo.

“Actually, I was imagining on what to draw,” she answered nodding her head. “Why won’t you draw some abstract art? Make’em crazy like you,” he told her.

“My mind isn’t filled with craziness,” Jae Soo told him. “Then draw love,” Minhyuk told her as he rests his chin on her shoulder. Jae Soo’s body grew goose bumps all over, and she froze.

Silence filled the room for a while, and then the bell rung. “It’s already time for me to leave,” Minhyuk said with a pout. Jae Soo giggled at him, and nodded her head. “See you later, jagiya,” he told her, and pinches her left cheek softly before entering out.

Ren enters minutes later before the rest of the students, and sees Jae Soo sighing at her blank paper. “Are you alright? You haven’t been yourself today,” Ren tells her. “I’m just tired,” Jae Soo answered.

“I’m fine, it’s just...Minhyuk has been strange,” Jae Soo told Ren. “How strange?” Ren asks as she takes out her supplies. “It seems as if he’s really confessing his love to me. Like he really, really likes me. But I know for a fact that he’s playing around,” she answered pouting.

“Well, why won’t you ask his friends?” Ren asked. “Tch, like they’ll tell me anything. They probably just tease around and say that I like him,” Jae Soo answered. “Well, do you?” Ren asked curiously. Jae Soo coughed a little and turned towards Ren. “You know I don’t!” She shouted.

Taeil walked to homeroom alone, since Jaehyo went to bother some freshmen girls. While walking up the stairs, a female student bumped into him accidently. “I’m so sorry,” she apologized as she turned quickly around.

“Oh, no worries. It’s not your fault, I wasn’t paying attention,” he told her. She bowed once more and Taeil did too. He looked at her and she smiled a small one. “I was shouting back at my friend and didn’t see you. Sorry,” she apologized again.

“Cho Eun Hyo?” Taeil read her nametag. “Ah, yeh,” she answered. “Nice to meet you,” he told her as he sticks his hand out to her. “Yea, same here,” she awkwardly said back and shook his hand. “I’m Lee Taeil, your senior,” he mumbled the last two words.

“Okay, see you around,” she told him and walked off. Taeil slapped his forehead and sighed. “Well that was dumb,” he told himself. “Trying to hit on a girl, Lee Taeil?” Jaehyo joked as he nudged Taeil’s arm. “Shut up,” Taeil told him and stomps away.

“I can show you how,” Jaehyo said as he follows up behind Taeil. “Show me like what? By opening your mouth?” Taeil asked. “Yah!” Jaehyo yelled at Taeil and Taeil just laughed.

“Well, I got to get back to class now. I’ll see you later,” Kyung told Mia. “Yup, I’ll see you whenever too.” Mia told him. “Oh yea, it was a fun game,” he said smiling. “It sure was. You spied a lot of things,” she replied.

“That’s because I have good eyes,” Kyung said adding a smirk. “Any good eyes on girls at school?” Mia asked. “Not really, but I do have eyes for you,” he told her with glee. “Haha, you’re funny, Kyung. I’ll see you later,” Mia told him blushing as she walks out first.

“She blushed,” Kyung whispered to himself and cheered on.


 

The entire time in art class, Jae Soo couldn’t bring herself to draw anything. She just kept sighing to herself when she rises up her pencil. Ren would look over at Jae Soo every time she sees Jae Soo rises up her pencil.

“Jae—“

The bell rung before Ren could even say anything, and everyone started cleaning up. Their teacher came around to collect what they drew, and Jae Soo didn’t even care.

“Miss Kang, where is your drawing?” The teacher asks her. “I’m sorry sir, I just didn’t know what to draw today,” Jae Soo answered. “Not to offend you, but you have the crappiest art ever, but you always turn them in. It’s weird that nothing comes to mind for you today,” the teacher told her.

“None taken, I’m not even offended. Also, can I stay after class and draw something up real quick then?” Jae Soo asks. “Sure,” the teacher replied coolly and Jae Soo tried concentrating this time.

She had a picture in her head. AJ came into her mind instead of Minhyuk. Jae Soo can feel her forehead sweating and her blood rushing. She pulled images from her past and slowly picked up her pencil to draw.

Ren walked out of homeroom after cleaning up, since she didn’t want to bother Jae Soo. She saw Minhyuk walking her way and ignored him. “Uh, where is Jae Soo?” Minhyuk asked stopping Ren.

“She stayed after class to finish up her drawing,” Ren answered. “Ah, thank you,” he thanks her and walks to the art room. He stood outside as he waited. Minhyuk watched Jae Soo from outside as she drew her picture.

The teacher read his book, and could hardly careless who was looking. Minhyuk chuckled and then tapped the window lightly. Jae Soo looked over and saw him. He waved and Jae Soo waved back, giving him a small smile. She seemed hurt, and Minhyuk could feel it.

Jae Soo picked up her drawing and hands it over to the teacher. “Wow, Miss Kang, this is so different,” the teacher said with a stunning expression plastered on his face. “Thanks. Well, I got to go. See you tomorrow,” she told him and bows. “Bye,” he says to her.

She walked out of homeroom and smiled at Minhyuk. “Jaehyo’s place right?” Jae Soo asked cheerily. Minhyuk knew that this was an act. Jae Soo wouldn’t give in so quickly, but he played along. “Yea, but we have to go grab the meat and some snacks,” he answered.

“Are you for real? Can’t he just buy it himself, since he’s hosting this barbeque thing?” She asks annoyed. It hurts Minhyuk that he’s seeing Jae Soo play so hard to be herself. He knew she’s changed after seeing that one guy.

“Well, he wants us to go and get it,” he told her. “How lame,” she replied while walking ahead. “Jae Soo-ah,” Minhyuk called to her. “Hm?” She answered smiling. Minhyuk smiled back and caught up to her. “Don’t walk before me,” he told her as he pushed her forehead with his index finger and walked ahead.

“Yah, that hurts you know!” Jae Soo said as she rubbed her forehead. “Oh does it? Would you want a kiss with that then?” He asked. “No!” She shouted back and punched him on the arm. “That’s so weak,” Minhyuk said and laughed at her as he softly nudges her.

“Oh, you want a harder punch?” She asks getting her fist ready. “No, I want you,” he told her as he pulls her into his arms. “Yah, Lee Minhyuk, let me go!” Jae Soo told him laughing while still walking.

Minhyuk laughed along with her as he held her tightly. “A lot of couples walk like this together, you know,” he said whispering in her right ear. Jae Soo gulped as she stopped her tracks. “But we’re just friends,” she said.

“Are we still just friends after doing so much that couples do?” Minhyuk asks. Jae Soo then pushed him off and turned around to face him. “Let’s just get to Jaehyo’s place, please,” she told him and walked ahead.

Minhyuk tilted his head not understanding what she meant by that. Usually she’ll joke back, but she went back to looking hurt again. He didn’t want her to be hurt.

“Jae Soo, do you like shrimp?” Minhyuk asked her as he runs up to her. “Hm, shrimp is good,” she answered. “Would you like some shrimp then?” He asked her. “But they’re more expensive than the meat,” she replied.

“So what? If you like it, I’ll buy it,” he told her with a smile. “It’s on you then?” Jae Soo asks. “It’s always on me,” Minhyuk told her with an assuring smile.

Jae Soo and Minhyuk reached the grocery store, and started shopping around. They came upon the junk food aisle, and then heard a little kid talking to his mother.

“Mommy, you don’t even care about me,” the kid told his mom. “Honey, I do care, you’re my child,” the kid’s mother answered. “No mommy, you’re wrong. People have to care for themselves before caring for others,” the kid replied. The mother laughed at her child being silly, and pushed the cart away.

Jae Soo giggled and said, “What a cute baby.” Minhyuk looked at her and smiled. “Then should we make a cute baby like him too?” He asks. “What?!” Jae Soo shouted loudly in shock. “Haha, I love teasing you,” he told her as he softly pinches her left cheek, and grabs a bag of chips as walks ahead.

“Are you coming?” Minhyuk asks as he turns around to Jae Soo’s frozen figure. “I’m coming,” she mumbled and follows after him. “So we got the meat, shrimp, and chips. Anything else you might want?” Minhyuk asks the silent Jae Soo.

“I think that’s enough,” she answered. “No ice cream or anything?” He asks making sure. “If you want the food, you get it. Stop trying to make me want it,” Jae Soo told him with irritation. Minhyuk chortled, and then grabs her hand as they walk to the cash register to pay.

After paying for the food, they both continued their way to Jaehyo’s house. “Minhyuk-ah,” Jae Soo faintly called his name. “Hm?” He asked, turning his head to look at her. “How many ex-girlfriends do you have?” Jae Soo asks randomly.

“Uh,” Minhyuk opened his mouth, and scratched the back of his as he came to think for a bit. “1, 2, 3...6 ex-girlfriends, I think,” he answered, tilting his head and squinting the right eye. “Oh, why did you break up with them?” she asks another question.

“Actually, they broke up with me,” he answered. “Oh, sorry to ask,” Jae Soo replied feeling guilty. “Heh, it’s okay,” Minhyuk answered sensitively and looks at her, “what about you?” Jae Soo shrugged her shoulders and sighed.

“AJ was my ex,” she answered. “Is he your only one?” Minhyuk asks enquiringly. “Yea, he was my first boyfriend too. I had quite the guy friends, but only one boyfriend. I made a wrong choice when I agreed to be his girlfriend. Until today, I regret it,” Jae Soo answered calmly.


 

Jaehyo opened his door as soon as he heard the doorbell rang. “Foods here!” Jaehyo shouted to the people in the back. “Finally, I am freaken starving!” Kyung said rubbing his tummy. “Sorry, Jae Soo had to stay after class to finish up her work,” Minhyuk apologized.

Jae Soo looked at the guys and smiled a small one at them. “This is unusual. Jae Soo hates us,” Taeil said noticing Jae Soo smiling at them. “No she doesn’t! She’s my best friend,” Zico said, as he puts an arm around Jae Soo’s shoulder and grins widely.

“You’re only saying that because you need her to date Ren,” Minhyuk said from behind. “So you do want to be with Ren!” Yookwon, Jihoon, and Taeil shouted altogether. “Pfft, no!” Zico answered.

“Good then, stop asking me for help,” Jae Soo said, as she pulled Zico’s arm off of her. The boys laughed at Zico, as his face got red. “Okay fine, I’ll admit that I like Ren, but what about the hiding couple? Are you two really dating?” Zico asks charging at Minhyuk and Jae Soo.

“I’m going to help Jaehyo with the barbeque set up,” Yookwon offered as he grab the meat from Minhyuk and then walks to the backyard. “Yah, we’re just friends,” Jae Soo answered. “Just friends? You do know that friends turns to lovers,” Taeil told her.

“Jae Soo’s says we’re friends, then we’re friends. Why is it so hard for you boys to understand?” Minhyuk told his friends and then walks to the backyard also. “Oh my god, Minhyuk hyung agreeing?” Jihoon asks in shock.

“What’s so bad about it?” Jae Soo asks as she cracks a tiny laugh. “He usually disagrees,” Zico answered as he followed Minhyuk out to the backyard. “It’s very rare that Minhyuk agrees. What have you done to our friend?” Taeil asks suspiciously.

“I did black magic on him, so you better watch out,” Jae Soo sarcastically said. “You know black magic?!” Jihoon asks as Taeil and Jae Soo sighed. “No!” They both answered him. “Then why say you know?” Jihoon replied scratching his head.

Everyone gathered in the backyard eating chips as Jaehyo cooked the meat. “Should we tell scary stories?” Kyung asks out of the blue. “I love scary stuff,” Jae Soo said smiling with glee. “I’m scared,” Jihoon tells them.

“Yah, you’re the one with the deepest voice here, why are you scared?” Yookwon told him. “I’m still the youngest!” Jihoon replied back angrily. “Yah, quiet down!” Jaehyo told the boys. “How about I share my experience?” Zico asked.

“What did you experience?” Taeil asked curiously. “I experienced seeing Kyung in his underwear the other night! Oh my god, it was ugly and horrifying!” Zico shouted with laughter. Everyone laughed at Kyung whose face got all red.

“I’ll tell you guys a story. It happened to me,” Jae Soo said, since she was the only one who didn’t laugh at Zico’s lame joke. “I would like to hear this,” Zico said as he sat down. Everyone got quiet as Jae Soo looked at the seven boys.

“I was in middle school when this happened. Not so long ago only. Until today, I can still that figure sometimes,” Jae Soo started out. The boys remained quiet and Minhyuk snickered.

“I was waiting at school for my brother to pick me up, but he didn’t show. It was getting later than the usual time he would come get me too. All my classmates left one by one and at the end, I was the one left. The school campus had to close, so I waited outside the school gates. My middle school is pretty hidden from the big streets, and it was known as the most haunted school of all schools. I didn’t think much because I didn’t care for rumors. I sat on the bench near the school as I wait for my brother. No car passed by. It was minutes after minutes, and then it turned to hours. I pulled out my phone to call him, but he wouldn’t pick up. A strong breeze blew past me for a second and I looked around me. There was a classmate walking my way. She came and sat down next to me, and asked for the time. I told her the time, and then I heard her giggle. I thought she was a creep so I ignored her. I watched her head hang low only as she her giggles stop. She slowly turned my way with her hair covering her face and asked...WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” Jae Soo shouted grabbing Zico’s arms as she shouted the last four words at the boys.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Zico and Jihoon screamed the loudest. Yookwon held his chest as he jumped in fright. Taeil did the same and Jaehyo caught his breath, as Kyung yawned. Meanwhile, Minhyuk and Jae Soo laughed their off at the guys.

“You two planned this huh, didn’t you?!” Zico asked angrily. “Hyung!” Jihoon cried. Taeil grabbed Jihoon and patted his head as he cried in Taeil’s arms. “Aww, I didn’t mean to literally scare you all,” Jae Soo said, feeling guilty at scaring poor Jihoon.

“It wasn’t scary at all,” Kyung whined. “That is because your underwear being shown off to Zico were already horrifying!” Minhyuk said laughing louder then ever. Kyung pouted angrily as he squinted his eyes at Zico for telling everyone.

“They’re boxers! Also, Zico was the one who walked in on me when I was still changing!” Kyung defended himself. “You’re the one who didn’t lock the door,” Zico said. “Who told you to rush into my bathroom, first?” Kyung said talking back.

“Enough you two. Stop fighting like girls,” Jaehyo said calming the boys. “Excuse me?” Jae Soo asks as she looked at Jaehyo. “Soo, we count you as a guy, since you and Minhyuk are ‘friends’ around us,” Zico told her. “Fine by me,” Jae Soo said chuckling.  

When the barbeque ended around 9 p.m., Minhyuk walked Jae Soo home. They talked about how they gave the boys a good scare all the way to Jae Soo’s place.

“Inside looks dark, I don’t think my brother’s home yet,” Jae Soo said, standing in front of her house. “Then should I go in with you and wait until he returns?” Minhyuk offered. “Nah, my brother might think wrong,” she answered. “Okay then,” he replied with a smile.

They stared at each other for a moment and then laughed quietly. “Goodnight,” Jae Soo said to him. “Night,” Minhyuk said back, and watches her enters inside her home. He smiled to himself as he turns around and spots Jae Soo’s brother.

“Oh, good evening,” Minhyuk, said politely as he bows at Jae Soo’s brother Dong Wan. “Evening,” Dong Wan said back. Minhyuk smiled at him and then was about to walk home when Dong Wan stops him.

“I want to have a man to man talk with you,” Dong Wan told Minhyuk. “Eh?” Minhyuk asks confusedly.


 

“Yah ahjumma, two bottles of liquor, please,” Dong Wan called to the middle aged lady up front. “Yeh,” she answered. Minhyuk shot his head and looked at Dong Wan. “I’m still in high school,” he told Dong Wan.

“So? I know all you high school students smoke and drink,” Dong Wan replies coolly. “I don’t drink, sir. I’ll just have soda,” Minhyuk answered politely. “You sure?” Dong Wan asks. “Yes, I’m sure, sir,” he answered nodding.

“Don’t call me sir. I sound old like as if I’m Jae Soo’s dad or something. Just call me hyung,” Dong Wan told Minhyuk. “Alright, hyung,” Minhyuk replied with a smile.

“So, are you and Jae Soo dating or not? I’m really curious,” Dong Wan asks as he nibbles on a chicken wing. “No, we’re just friends,” Minhyuk answered.

“Friends eh? Hmm, I don’t even remember the time Jae Soo would bring a girl home and said it was her friend. You know, that Ren girl from her school? That’s probably Jae Soo’s only girl friend ever since middle school,” Dong Wan said.

“Really, I haven’t noticed. She seems like she’ll get along with all her classmates though,” Minhyuk replied. Dong Wan sighs and now eats a drumstick. “You want some chicken?” He randomly asks Minhyuk. “No thanks, I just ate,” Minhyuk answered.

Dong Wan shrugged and continued eating the fried chicken. “Here you go, two liquor bottles and two glass cups,” the lady said as she puts the bottles on Dong Wan’s table. “Can I get a coca cola?” Minhyuk asks the lady civilly. “Sure, sure,” she answers and walks to the back.

“Do you like my sister?” Dong Wan asks eyeballing at Minhyuk with seriousness. “As a friend, yes. More than that, no,” Minhyuk answered. “Mm, I see. Well, have she told you about her old friends?” Dong Wan question Minhyuk some more.

“No, Jae Soo and I don’t talk about her past. She doesn’t bring it up, and I don’t force her. I understand that, maybe she’s gone through a lot, and I don’t want it to haunt her. So as a friend, I try to provide her a better friendship for the future,” Minhyuk answered straightforwardly.

Dong Wan took his first shot of the liquor and then gurgled. “I’m glad you think that way, but are you saying these things only, because I’m Jae Soo’s only guardian who can hurt anyone who hurts my sister?” Dong Wan asks.

“Of course not, hyung. I’m not trying to make you like me either. If you dislike me, go ahead. I’m saying these stuff to you because I’m really, Jae Soo’s friend,” Minhyuk answered courteously.

Dong Wan looked at Minhyuk after another shot and then smirked. “Then drink with me,” he said passing the other empty shot glass at Minhyuk. “But I don’t drink,” Minhyuk said again.

“I don’t care, you’re Jae Soo’s loyal friend right? Drink for her,” Dong Wan said as Minhyuk pushed the cup back at Dong Wan. “Here’s your soda,” the lady told Minhyuk as she hands him his soda and leaves

“This, I will drink,” Minhyuk told Dong Wan as he raises his coca cola at him. Dong Wan sighed and shakes his head. “Suit yourself then. You’re messing out the fun,” Dong Wan told him and drinks another shot.

“So, what would you like to talk about?” Minhyuk asks to break the awkwardness. “I actually don’t want to talk. I want to tell you things,” Dong Wan answered and drinks another shot.

“Hyung, maybe you shouldn’t drink a lot if you’re going to tell me things,” Minhyuk said trying to stop Dong Wan. “Yah, I’m Jae Soo’s brother, not yours. So I don’t listen to anyone but her,” Dong Wan told Minhyuk as he pulls his liquor away.

Minhyuk bit his bottom lip and nodded his head silently. “Any who, how did you and my sister become friends? Not to be mean or anything, I’m just curious because she told me she wouldn’t want any guy from school as her friend,” Dong Wan asks.

“Well you see, I’m a senior and she’s a junior. At the school, we have a program every year whereas a senior is paired up with their junior to go on a school’s scavenger hunt. We hunt for clues to a prize that is prepared for us before the seniors’ graduates. Now all the seniors and juniors are paired with an opposite . So that’s how Jae Soo and I met and built our friendship through there,” Minhyuk explained.

“I don’t want to believe it, because Jae Soo don’t build up friends quickly like that,” Dong Wan said. “Oh, believe me, it wasn’t easy either. She did hate me in the beginning, but I’m guessing that she’s okay with me now,” he answered Dong Wan.

Dong Wan popped open the other bottle and drank again. Minhyuk watched Dong Wan down the tiny bottle of liquor like water in front of him, and then gulped. “I haven’t drank in forever,” Dong Wan said loudly after he finished the bottle.

“I see,” Minhyuk replied and sips his coke. “Another bottle please,” Dong Wan told the lady. “Are you not hungry?” Dong Wan asks Minhyuk. “No hyung, I’m fine,” Minhyuk answers. “Aish, the liquor here is pretty good,” Dong Wan said and Minhyuk just smiles along.

“Are you in a gang?” Dong Wan asks while looking at the bottle of liquor. “No hyung, I’m not that kind of person to be in one,” Minhyuk answered. “You’re not like those wannabes in movies right? Tch, I hate brats like those,” Dong Wan spat as Minhyuk shook his head.

“I remember back in my high school days. I drank with friends when I was bored. I would smoke too if they had cigarettes. I thought I was the best and hardcore at everything, but pfft, heck no,” Dong Wan said as he started to pour more liquor from the new bottle that was given to him.

“It’s okay hyung, you made a mistake. It’s in the past now, so let it go and think of Jae Soo,” Minhyuk told him. “Hah! Jae Soo. My brat sister,” Dong Wan said as he drank two straight shots.

“You know, I feel so bad for her. Jae Soo’s last friend who I remembered she was close with told Jae Soo that; she’s only with Jae Soo to get to me. We both hated each other for a long time until both our parents passed away,” Dong Wan explained.

 “Wow, that hurts,” Minhyuk said lowering his head and sipping his coke some more. “What does?” Dong Wan asks drinking another shot. “Jae Soo getting to know truth about why her friend became her friend,” Minhyuk answered.

“Oh yea, she blamed that it was my fault. My parents had to send me to a college out of country for a while. Then I heard that Jae Soo started getting into fights and I was blamed for being such a bad role model to her when I was in high school back then,” Dong Wan continued on and drank three more shots.

Minhyuk’s eyes widened at how Dong Wan was taking the drinks. “Maybe you should slow down, hyung,” Minhyuk told him. “No, this is my money paying for it, I will drink it how I want to,” Dong Wan answered as he pulls the alcohol childishly away from Minhyuk.

“Did you know that, after our parents died, Jae Soo caused so much troubles for me? We moved in with our aunt from my mom’s side, and were kicked out after Jae Soo’s other fight. We moved in with our other aunt from my dad’s side, and got kicked out again. Jae Soo and I didn’t have a stable place to stay. I had to quit school to work and support us both, since none of the relatives care for us. Life was tough raising her alone too,” Dong Wan explained as he drank some more.

Minhyuk sat silently just staring at how sensitive Dong Wan is getting. “I never once saw her bring a friend home. Well, she did bring one, but it was a guy. He was cool, then I never saw him again,” Dong Wan answered as he sighed heavily.

“Was she close with this guy?” Minhyuk asks. “Of course they are! I almost thought they were dating, but then she says they’re just friends like what you and Jae Soo are doing now,” Dong Wan answered.

Minhyuk then thought about what Jae Soo told him earlier before reaching Jaehyo’s place.

“AJ and I started out as friends first, then we moved onto dating after. I never knew what big of a jerk he was after dating him. He totally changed into being such a after we dated. I’m not trying to say you are one, Minhyuk. I know you’re probably a great guy, but I just don’t want to date at all for now. I’m afraid,” Jae Soo said with a sigh.

Minhyuk grabs hold of Jae Soo’s hand before crossing the street to get to Jaehyo’s place. “It’s okay, everyone is afraid to love. I don’t know what you been through with AJ, but you probably didn’t have love. I’m not telling you to choose me over him either nor do I want to force you to like me. Feelings come and go, same for lover. However, I don’t want our fun and silly friendship to break. You’re my jagiya,” Minhyuk told her and nudges her arm.

Jae Soo laughs and softly punched Minhyuk’s arm. “Thanks,” she said. “No problem at all,” he replies.

“Are you talking about AJ?” Minhyuk asks out of curiosity. “What? Who the is AJ? Pfft! I’m talking about Lee Kiseop,” Dong Wan answered which gave Minhyuk a shock. “Lee Kiseop,” Minhyuk repeated.

“Yes, that guy. Do you know him? He’s a cool dude,” Dong Wan said sounding tipsy now. “No, I don’t know him,” Minhyuk answered.

“Ah, well yea, he became Jae Soo’s close friend for awhile. They both hung out a lot, and then if I remember correctly, I was called to her school about her missing school almost everyday. So one day I decided to skip work and check on her. Jae Soo always leave before me, so after I left around the block to hide, I saw her run back home. I stood there and waited about around lunchtime, and she never walked out of home. Then it was time for her to get off school. I saw her come out from inside the house and she started walking to the library near our home. I came out from my hiding spot and stopped her. At first she denied it, then admitted to me that she haven’t been in school for days and she don’t want to go back. I asked if it was about Kiseop, but she wouldn’t tell me. She just said that she wanted to transfer. I told her she has to wait longer until I get promoted. Jae Soo broke down crying to me like never before. I got scared and didn’t know what to do. I freaked out!” Dong Wan explained and shouted the last words, which got Minhyuk to jump.

“Dong Wan hyung, maybe you should cool off the alcohol,” Minhyuk said. “No! I won’t!” He shouted like a child at Minhyuk. “Okay, but don’t yell. We might get kicked out,” Minhyuk alarmed Dong Wan as he pointed at the storeowner.

“Sorry!” Dong Wan apologized then drank another shot. “Aghh, I’m getting there,” Dong Wan mumbled. “So what happened after Jae Soo cried to you?” Minhyuk asks. “She transferred to a private school for awhile until I got a job promotion. Then we moved here,” Dong Wan answered.

“Wow, you both must’ve been through a lot,” Minhyuk said. “I went through hell for sure. About Jae Soo, I’m not so sure. She doesn’t tell me anything, and I fear that I might lose her one-day. She’s the only family that I have left,” Dong Wan told Minhyuk and hiccups.

“Hyung, we should get going. It’s getting late, and maybe—“

“I will not leave until I want to!” Dong Wan said refusing Minhyuk. “What if Jae Soo worries for you?” Minhyuk asks. “Heh, I worry for her. I don’t want her to make the wrong friends. What if she becomes a drug dealer or a burglar?” Dong Wan asks randomly.

“I’m sure she’s not like that at all. I won’t let her become like that,” Minhyuk told Dong Wan with an assuring expression. “I know, but what if you hurt her? Do you think Kiseop did something to her, that’s why she bawled her eyes out at me? Oh my god, I never thought of this before!” Dong Wan said gasping and then hiccupping too.

“Hyung, you’re getting really red,” Minhyuk said trying to calm Dong Wan down. “I get red when I drink. It means I’m drunk,” Dong Wan said smiling as he waved a napkin at Minhyuk’s face.

“Yea, I think we should get going. Jae Soo might be worried,” Minhyuk said as he took out his wallet and paid for everything. “Wait, no, no,” Dong Wan refused. “You don’t want to leave Jae Soo alone at home. She might have bad friends come over,” Minhyuk told Dong Wan.

“Yes, let’s go. I need to lecture her,” Dong Wan said standing up and falling over slightly, but Minhyuk caught him. “I’ll hold you,” he told Dong Wan as they both walked to Jae Soo’s home.

“Don’t hurt my sister if you want to date her. She’s a sweet girl,” Dong Wan repeated over a hundred times. “Yeh hyung,” Minhyuk answered.

“If you hurt her—“

“You will kill me,” Minhyuk finished as he heard Dong Wan repeating it for so much already. “You are a good man. I like you,” Dong Wan said softly slapping Minhyuk’s left cheek.

Jae Soo opened the door after hearing the doorbell ring several times. “Minhyuk?” Jae Soo says his name as soon as she saw him. “Yea, your brother, he’s drunk,” Minhyuk, said as Jae Soo nodded her head and lead Minhyuk to the living room.

“Just drop him there,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk did what he was told. He puts Dong Wan onto the couch and Jae Soo fixed her brother to a sleeping position.

“How did you two?” She asks pointing back and forth. “I’ll tell you tomorrow. It’s getting late,” Minhyuk said as Jae Soo nods her head. They both walked to Jae Soo’s door and he smiled at her.

“Goodnight,” he told her with a bright smile. “Goodnight, and thanks for taking my brother home. I almost went out to look for him,” Jae Soo replied back. “Haha, you’re a dork. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Minhyuk said and then left.

Jae Soo locked up and then grabs a blanket from the closet and throws it on her drunken brother. “Goodnight!” She tells him and runs up the stairs to her room. Right when she got in her room, her phone beeped.

“Huh?” Jae Soo confusedly grabs her phone.

--Unknown Number--

Goodnight my jagiya. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow! ;)

Jae Soo quickly texts back to the person.

--Jae Soo to the Unknown Number--

Yah, Lee Minhyuk, how did you get my number?! D:<

--Unknown Number--

Who’s Lee Minhyuk? Oops, I think I got the wrong number.

--Jae Soo to the Unknown Number--

Oh, sorry! I thought you were my friend.

--Unknown Number--

Haha kidding, jagiya! Got you scared there, huh? See you!

-Lee Minhyuk

--Jae Soo to Lee Minhyuk--

You are such a butthead! >.<

--Minhyuk to Jae Soo—

Yes, I am your butthead. Now you should get to bed. Muahs, much love! <3 <3 <3

Jae Soo threw her phone onto her beanbag chair and jumps on her bed. “Ahhhh!” She screams to her pillow. “He does not like me! I do not like him! Stop messing with me, you stupid mind and heart!” Jae Soo shouts.



 

Seems like Jae Soo went through a lot, right? Also, I bet you're wondering as to why her brother mentioned about Kiseop, and didn't know who AJ was. Hehehe.