`o7

His Annoying Games

 

The bell rung and Jae Soo opened her eyes quickly, finding out that she had fallen asleep. She looked down and found that Minhyuk disappeared. “He didn’t even bother to wake me up?” She asked herself.

Jae Soo got up, brushed her skirt, and then started walking to class. Before she got to class, she saw Minhyuk standing by her homeroom with a smile. “You idiot, you didn’t even wake me up,” she told him.

“Sorry, you were looking cute while sleeping,” Minhyuk said as he took his phone out and showed her pictures of herself sleeping. “You took them while I was sleeping!?” Jae Soo asks in shock.

“Haha, yea. I pretended to sleep when you my hair. I didn’t think that you would’ve fallen asleep for real,” he tells her as he giggles at his phone. “Yah, that’s not funny okay. Delete them all now,” Jae Soo told him.

“Let me think...Nah,” Minhyuk teases her and then runs off. “I’ll get you back, you hear!?” Jae Soo shouted in the hallway. She enters inside the homeroom, and walks to where her seat was.

Zico shot his head up, and looked at her motioning for her to hurry up to her seat. Jae Soo got to her seat and Zico turned to face her. “Please set me and Ren up on a date,” Zico pleaded. Jae Soo rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Dude, if you like this chic, just get her yourself,” she told him. “Please, just ask her to go on a date with me,” he pleaded like a baby. “Zico, you’re such a wimp,” Jae Soo told him and then turned away. “I am not!” He shouted. “Are too!” Jae Soo shouted back.

The entire class started to stare at Jae Soo and Zico shouting at each other. “What?” Zico asked as he looked at them. The students looked away, and Jae Soo sighed as she opened her textbook.

“Please Jae Soo, just this one time. Please,” Zico begged again. Jae Soo rolled her eyes and looked at her watch. “This is going to be a long day,” she mumbled to herself.


 

Jae Soo was glad to have art class at last, because Zico wasn’t in it to bother her. Then again, Jae Soo thought about how good Ren and Zico would’ve looked like together, if they dated.

“Hey Ren,” Jae Soo whispered to her. “Hm? Wassup?” Ren asked. “Do you like anyone from school?” Jae Soo asked to start the conversation. “Nope,” Ren simply answered as she shook her head.

Jae Soo pouted then thought of another question. “If a guy comes ask you out on one plain date, would you go with him?” Jae Soo asked. Ren stopped painting and looked at Jae Soo.

“Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?” Ren asks Jae Soo out of curiosity. “I just want to know,” Jae Soo replied. “I will reject the guy,” Ren answered not even smiling.

“Then would you go on a double date?” Jae Soo asks hoping Ren would say yes. “It depends on who I’m going with,” Ren answered. “Okay, what if it’s with me?” Jae Soo asked giving out an example.

Ren’s eyes widened and then turned back to her drawing. “Are you trying to set me up on a blind date?” Ren asked and started painting again. “Hah? Wh-what? No, never, tch,” Jae Soo replied stuttering shaking her head.

“Is this about that Zico guy?” she asked as Jae Soo laughed a little trying to say no, but then ended up nodding her head. “He’s a cool guy, Ren. You should get to know him,” Jae Soo told her.

“No thanks. I prefer limiting myself from guys,” Ren answered as Jae Soo raised her left eyebrow at Ren. “Girl say what?” Jae Soo asked and Ren laughed. “I rather focus on my art,” she answered having Jae Soo give out more weird looks.

“Stop it, Jae Soo,” Ren told her and slaps her arm. “Have you dated before?” Jae Soo asked. “Yea, and it wasn’t so smooth,” she answered. Jae Soo giggled and then let out a tiny sigh.

“Have you dated before dating your boyfriend now?” Ren asked. “Minhyuk isn’t my boyfriend. We’re just friends. Nothing more than that, but yes, I have dated in the past. It was really ugly, and I don’t ever want to think about it again,” Jae Soo answered.

“What happened?” Ren asked as she turned to look at Jae Soo. “A lot...happened,” Jae Soo paused for a second there, and then continued. Ren watched Jae Soo, as she’s never seen her like this before.

Ren watched Jae Soo zone out not touching her drawing, as Jae Soo didn’t blink. “Yah, Jae Soo,” Ren called to her, while shaking her arms. “Hm?” Jae Soo came back from zoning out, and looks at Ren.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it,” Ren said, warmly smiling at her friend. Jae Soo smiled back and nodded her head. “I’m glad to have a friend like you, Ren,” Jae Soo said. “You’re cool too,” Ren said, and the two ladies burst into a quiet laughter.

Class ended quicker than usual, and everyone walked out of art after cleaning up. Ren and Jae Soo walked out together talking about art. As soon as Ren spotted Minhyuk, she and Jae Soo quieted down.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Ren said as she and Jae Soo part ways. “Bye,” Jae Soo waved. But Ren quickly turns back around when she saw Minhyuk and Jae Soo talking. “I’ll agree to go on that date with Zico, when you stop lying that you and that guy are just friends,” Ren told Jae Soo.

“Ren!” Jae Soo shouted and Ren laughs. “Bye Jae Soo!” Ren shouts back and runs to her bike. “Date with Zico, huh?” Minhyuk asks as Jae Soo rolls her eyes. “What do you want?” She asks him. “I want you,” he replied and Jae Soo just walks off.

“Let’s go out tonight,” Minhyuk suggested, as he interlocks their arms together. “Bug off, will ya?” Jae Soo said. “Aww, is my jagiya still mad about the pictures?” He asked and slightly pinches Jae Soo on the cheek.

“It’s not even about the pictures. It’s about the entire day,” Jae Soo told him. “Oh, the pool incident where I threw that ball? Yah, that’s so old news,” Minhyuk told her. “Well, I’m still mad about it,” she told him.

“Jagiya, do you know that if you’re mad at something for so long, you can grow wrinkles?” Minhyuk told her. “What? Really?” Jae Soo asks as she touches her forehead and cheeks.

Minhyuk laughs at her and then hugs her tightly. “I just want to squish you because you’re too cute,” he said and then releases her. Jae Soo narrowed her eyebrows at him as she snickered.

“Anyways, I’m going home,” Jae Soo said as she turns the different direction. Minhyuk quickly grabs her arm, and pulls her towards him. “But I want us to hangout tonight,” he said with cute puppy eyes at Jae Soo.

She bit her bottom lip trying to resist it, but then Minhyuk just made it cuter. “I’ll have to go home and change first then,” she said in defeat. “Okay, I’ll wait for you at your place,” he replied with a cherry tone of voice.

“What? No!” Jae Soo retorted. “Why not?” Minhyuk asked pouting. “My brother will think wrong,” she mumbled her answer. “Well we’re just going to hang out at my place. So I don’t think you need to change,” he told her.

“I want to at least be comfortable,” she answered. “Then just wear my clothes. It’s not like you’d never done it before,” he responded with a cheeky smile.

Jae Soo looked at him and shook her head. “No thank you,” she replied with a disgusted look on her face, as they both head to her house. “Just act normal,” she told him as soon as she opened the door.

“Oh, you’re back—and you brought a friend home, who is a guy!” Dong Wan said in amusement, seeing Minhyuk follow behind Jae Soo. “Yea, my friend is a guy, so?” Jae Soo asked. “Nothing,” Dong Wan replied as he shrugged.

“I’m going to go change. Wait here,” Jae Soo told Minhyuk, and she storms off upstairs. Dong Wan looked at Minhyuk and smiled, as he scratches the back of his head. “I’m Lee Minhyuk,” Minhyuk introduced himself.

“You sure are. Your name tag said it all,” Dong Wan told Minhyuk and they both burst into a small laughter. “I’m Kang Dong Wan; Jae Soo’s only brother,” Dong Wan said introducing himself back.

“Nice to meet you. Jae Soo talks about you a lot,” Minhyuk said as Dong Wan let out a sigh and smiled. “Yea, that’s because she has no one to talk about,” Dong Wan replies and the boys went silent.

“Did you want to sit?” Dong Wan asked Minhyuk who was still standing. “Oh, no thanks. I’m fine standing here,” Minhyuk told him with a generous smile. “You two are just friends right?” Dong Wan asks making sure.

“Yea, we’re just friends,” Minhyuk answered nodding his head along. “Good, good. That’s good,” Dong Wan replied nodding his head, and Minhyuk just gave out a weird smile and looked at his watch.

Jae Soo got in her room and threw on a pair of jeans and a navy blue t-shirt. She tied her hair up and slipped on her shoes. Jae Soo grabbed a white sweater and walked out of her room, seeing Minhyuk and her brother Dong Wan just staring at each other awkwardly.

“I’ll be back later,” Jae Soo said as she poked her brother’s arm. “You’re going on a date?” Dong Wan asks. “Pfft, no,” she answered, as she pushes Minhyuk out the door. “I’ll be home later, so don’t wait up on dinner,” Jae Soo told her brother again, and closes the door.

“Your brother is cool,” Minhyuk stated as Jae Soo just laughs. “Did he ask you a lot of questions?” Jae Soo asks. “Not really. He just wanted to know if we were dating,” Minhyuk answered. “What’d you say?” Jae Soo asks curiously.

“What’d you think I say?” He asked giving Jae Soo a hard time. “You wouldn’t,” she said thinking wrong. “And here I thought that you’d know me by now. Jae Soo, I wouldn’t lie to your brother about our relationship. Of course I would tell him we’re friends. I’ll wait until you confirm that we’re dating,” Minhyuk answers.

“Ha! Dream on mister. I will never confirm on anything with you,” Jae Soo said laughing. “You’re right,” he said in the sound of defeat. “Huh?” Jae Soo asked confusedly. “I said that you’re right,” he repeated.

“Why all of a sudden?” She asks. “Why all of a sudden, of what? You’re just right about how you won’t confirm anything. But one day you will,” Minhyuk said, as he pinched the tip of Jae Soo’s nose, and continued walking.

“Is it just going to be us at your house?” Jae Soo asked, changing the subject. “I don’t know. Do you want it to just be us?” Minhyuk answered. “Hecka no,” Jae Soo replied.

They both entered inside a renting movie store, and started searching around. “I’m checking the horror section,” Jae Soo said, letting him know. “Okay, I’ll be at the action/comedy aisle,” Minhyuk said back.

“Boring, boring, boring, oh my god, vampire movies are so stupid!” Jae Soo mumbled as she pulled her bangs back in frustration. “Jae Soo? Kang Jae Soo?” A voice called to her. Jae Soo turned her head around a few times to find the voice. As soon as she spotted the person, she froze.

“I knew I wasn’t wrong. Long time no see, Kang Jae Soo,” a tall, built, and ruffled Mohawk man spoke, as he walks up towards Jae Soo. “How you been?” The guy asked smiling at her.

Jae Soo remained silent, as she lowers her head and turns elsewhere. “You’re breathing pretty hard. Are you that excited to see me?” The guy asked in a different tone of voice, that brought chills down Jae Soo’s spine.

She gulped and looks up in hope to find Minhyuk somewhere close by, but she wasn’t in luck. Minhyuk was nowhere in sight. “Yoohoo, Jae Soo-ah,” the guy continued talking to Jae Soo, who didn’t respond.

“Jae Soo-ah, did you find any horror movies?” Jae Soo heard Minhyuk asked from behind. She quickly turns around and walks up to him. “Forget them,” she replied smiling to see him. “Are you okay?” Minhyuk asks, as he confusedly sees her smiling calmly at him.

“Ah, so this is the new guy you’re messing with?” The guy, who has been talking to Jae Soo, asks. Minhyuk looks up at the guy with a confused facial expression, and stared back at Jae Soo.

‘Let’s go.’ Jae Soo mouthed at Minhyuk, who also had the pleading scared eyes on that he’s never seen before. “Oh c’mon Jae Soo, don’t ignore me and act as if you don’t know me now. Don’t start replacing me with a new man,” the guy said, as Jae Soo and Minhyuk looked at him.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” Minhyuk asks the guy. “I’m AJ. My real name is Kim Jae Seop, but I go by AJ,” the guy introduces himself. “Nice to meet you AJ, but who are you to Jae Soo again?” Minhyuk asks another question.

“Oh, Jae Soo didn’t tell you anything? Hm, I thought she would tell you everything. I mean boyfriends and girlfriends don’t keep secrets from each other, right? Jae Soo, we all don’t keep secrets from each other, right?” AJ asks Jae Soo and she just ignores him.

“Okay AJ, I think that’s enough. Nice to meet you, but then Jae Soo and I got to,” Minhyuk told the guy. “Tch, nothing is ever enough for Jae Soo. She’s always wanted something more when the word enough was brought up to her,” AJ continued.

“Can we just go?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk, as she wasn’t feeling comfortable. Minhyuk felt Jae Soo’s tight grasp on his right arm, and he knew something was wrong with her. “Look, I said that was enough. I hope that the next time we meet again, it wouldn’t be like this,” Minhyuk told AJ, and set the movies he brought aside on an empty aisle.

“Oh, it will be better than this,” AJ said adding a smirk. Jae Soo was trying to pull Minhyuk away, but then Minhyuk couldn’t tolerate with this any longer. He stepped up to AJ and faced him.

“Whatever Jae Soo and you both had in the past, I don’t care for it. She’s now my girlfriend, and that’s how it’s going to be. It’s her choice to tell it to me if she wants to. You can try and harass her here to get it out, but you’re wrong. You may know Jae Soo for however long you both dated or whatever, but it took me only a few weeks to know her, and I know her well. If she has problems, she’ll hide it because she doesn’t want anyone to know and worry. So you can stop trying to get what you want her to get out, because it’s her choice, not yours. So leave my girlfriend alone. About that next time, I’ll make sure that we never meet to have a next time,” Minhyuk said defending Jae Soo.

AJ’s smirk wiped off to a frown and he turned away. Minhyuk then pulls Jae Soo out of the store with him and they both walked off.



 

Is anyone interested in knowing Jae Soo and AJ's past? >:DD