`13

His Annoying Games

 

Lunchtime finally strolled by, and everyone left to eat. Jae Soo stood behind, as she jotted down Zico’s notes into her own notebook. She was mad at herself for sleeping during the note taking. Jae Soo then decides to punish herself, by not eating lunch today.

As soon as Ren grabs her lunch, she turns around to spy for Jae Soo at a table. Sadly, there were no sign of Jae Soo anywhere. She saw Zico and his buddies at their table, so she decided to ask them instead.

“My art is better, and I’m more handsome than you now! What?!” Zico told Taeil, as he burst into a loud laughter. Yookwon silently giggled, as Jaehyo nodded his head for Zico to turn around.

He turned around, and his smile curved into a frown. Seeing Ren standing before, he gulped in embarrassment. Why? He and the boys were playing with bologna, and tried to create the handsome bologna face guy.

“Quite the handsome guy, don’t you think so, Ren?” Jihoon joked about his hyung, and Zico irately takes off the bologna and throws it at his friends. “Can I help you?” Zico asked Ren, as he wipes his face off with a napkin.

“Have you seen Jae Soo?” Ren asked, ignoring the bologna Zico. “Oh yea, she’s still in homeroom,” Zico faintly answered, as he thought Ren wanted to hangout with him. “Hmm, I wonder if she’s hungry,” Ren murmured, and Zico smiled brightly at her.

“We should bring her lunch!” Zico insisted. Ren giggled, as she nodded her head. “I was just going to ask if you would help me bring lunch for Jae Soo,” Ren said. “I read your mind,” Zico told her, as he quickly gets in line.

“He’s manning up a little,” Yookwon said.

Kyung whistled in the hallway, as he ditched his friends again. He didn’t care if he’ll be hanging out with them or not. They’ll probably never even notice that he’s missing anyways.

He stood outside of Mia’s music class, and watched her play the violin. It was soothing, mellow, and then a loud slam on the piano was heard. Kyung peeked in closer, to spot the music teacher inside.

“You’re not playing at the right note. Again!” The teacher hollered harshly. Mia replayed the song Kyung heard, and then she was yelled at again.

“Do you want to be the best, or not? Do you want to make your parents proud?!” The music teacher yelled, as Mia just simply nodded her head.

The music teacher sighed heavily, as he rubbed his forehead. Kyung scratched the back of his neck, not knowing if he should stay and watch, or leave.

“It’s lunchtime already, so go grab your lunch. But get back after grabbing it. You’ll be working while eating,” the music teacher informed. “Yeh,” Mia answered, as she left her violin in the case, and walks out to find Kyung.

“You were great in there. He was the one who balls,” Kyung told Mia. “Thanks Kyung, you always know how to make me smile,” Mia said, giggling. “Mia, I told you to get lunch, not goof around,” the teacher said, breaking the moment.

“Sorry,” she apologized at Kyung, and stormed off to the canteen. “Young man, if I were you, I’d stop talking to Mia. She’s a very busy girl, who has an entire future ahead. Music is her passion, not boys. So run along now,” the music teacher told Kyung.

Kyung bowed his head, and apologized before leaving. When he left far enough, he cackled a tiny bit. “ing music teacher.”

“B-Bomb oppa, where is Jae Soo unnie? Are you heading towards her homeroom?” Ah Young asked Minhyuk, as she followed him. “Mm,” he simply answered her. “So are you both dating?” Ah Young questioned. “Depending on Jae Soo,” he answered, still not paying attention to her.

“So does oppa like Jae Soo unnie?” Ah Young asked some more. “Yes I do,” Minhyuk flat out answered. “Ahh, oppa likes Jae Soo, neh,” she softly said. “Of course,” he replied.

“It’s pretty strange,” she quietly said. “What is?” Minhyuk asked. “That you’re going after a girl like Jae Soo. It isn’t likely of you,” Ah Young said, and Minhyuk chortled. “Does it matter?” He asked, annoyed by Ah Young now.

“It’s just...I thought you would still like the same type like Joy—“

Minhyuk turned around and faced Ah Young with a cold hard stare. Ah Young got frightened by it, and stopped talking; as she hung her head low.

“Don’t ever, dare to bring that name up again, or you’ll be sorry,” Minhyuk warned her, with anger boiling up inside. Ah Young looked up at him, and quickly nodded her head. “I’m sorry B-Bomb oppa,” she apologized, as she held onto his arm.

Jae Soo stepped out of homeroom, as she saw Ah Young holding onto Minhyuk’s arm. “Unnie!” Ah Young shouted out to Jae Soo, as Minhyuk turns back around and sees her there. “Hi,” Jae Soo greeted her, as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“Did you eat lunch yet, unnie? Oppa and I were making our way to the canteen. You should join!” Ah Young told her, as Jae Soo glanced at Minhyuk. “I heard that you fell asleep in class this morning, and decided to check up on you. Since your nose bled earlier too,” he said.

“I’m fine, Ren and Zico brought me lunch already. I was just going to use the restroom and then rest some more,” Jae Soo answered the both of them. “Ren and Zico, huh?” Minhyuk asked. “Yea, I was surprised myself,” Jae Soo said, and they both laughed.

Ah Young bit her bottom lip slightly, and tugged Jae Soo’s sleeve. “Unnie, I’ll go to the bathroom with you,” she told Jae Soo. “Okay,” Jae Soo replied, and walked to the bathroom with Ah Young.

“Unnie, do you like B-Bomb oppa?” Ah Young asked from inside her stall. Jae Soo turned off the sink water, and snickered. “I see him as a friend, why?” Jae Soo asked back. “Nothing, I just wanted to know. I mean, you do know that he likes you a lot, right?” Ah Young said, and then flushes the toilet.

Jae Soo shook her head, as she pulled a paper towel to wipe her hands dry. “He doesn’t like me at all. Minhyuk is just playing around,” she told Ah Young. “Nope, you’re wrong,” Ah Young said, as she gets out of the stall.

“B-Bomb oppa really likes you. I did thought that he was just full of jokes, but he’s into you,” Ah Young said, and Jae Soo tilted her head to the side for a second. “How are you so sure?” Jae Soo asked.

“I asked him if he likes you, and he said yes. Oppa never lies to me,” Ah Young said, and then walks out of the restroom first. Jae Soo followed out, as she has an unsure face expression on.

“So how long have you known them?” Jae Soo questioned Ah Young this time. “Oh, I’ve known them since elementary,” she answered. “Nice, you guys were childhood friends then,” Jae Soo said, and Ah Young nodded her head.

“Jae Soo-ah, the person I was looking for!” Taeil shouted from nowhere. “What?” Jae Soo asked. “I need to borrow you for a minute,” he told her, as he drags Jae Soo away. “See you later Ah Young,” Jae Soo said, as Taeil took her to the seniors’ floor.

“I have this girl that I like. Her name is Cho Eun Hyo, and I would—“

“Like for me to talk to her for you?” Jae Soo interrupted him, while finishing his sentence. “How did you know?” Taeil asked in shock. “You and your friend Zico are just the same,” Jae Soo answered, as Taeil smiled.

“So will you please help me out?” He asked with a gleeful smile. “Taeil, you and the guys make so much fun of Zico for manning up. So why don’t you man up?” Jae Soo asked. “That’s because, I just met this girl. Zico liked Ren months ago,” Taeil answered with a pout.

With that pout, Jae Soo huffed angrily and pulled Taeil to Eun Hyo’s room. “Where are we going?” Taeil asked. “I’m helping you out, what do you think?” Jae Soo muttered under her breath. “Really?” Taeil asked. “Yea, so tell me which one is her homeroom,” she asked. “This one!” Taeil shouted in glee.

“Okay, you’re going to talk with her,” Jae Soo said, as Taeil quickly glances at Jae Soo. “What? B-b-b-but Jae Soo, I’m shy!” He told her, and she shrugged.

Jae Soo slid the homeroom door open, and the students in there looked over at her. She rolled her eyes, as she tugged onto Taeil’s sleeve, which he stood behind her.

“Cho Eun Hyo, you have a guest,” Jae Soo announced, pushing Taeil inside the homeroom. Majority of the girls in class glared at the girl sitting up in the front middle column, as Taeil waved at her when she looked up.

“Can I help you?” Eun Hyo asked, as she looked at Taeil. He gulped shyly, not knowing what to say. “Cho...Cho...Cho...” Taeil stuttered, having Eun Hyo stare at him. He glanced back at Jae Soo, as she walked over to him. “Her name is Cho Eun Hyo,” Jae Soo whispered into his ear.

“Cho Eun Hyo-ssi...Would you...like to have dinner with me...sometimes?” Taeil asked, trembling in between his sentence. Eun Hyo smiled and nodded her head. “Sure, would tonight be fine?” She answered, giving Taeil quite a shock.

“Really? You would like to?” Taeil asked, as Jae Soo nudged her elbow at him. “I-I-I mean, sure. Would you like me to pick you up?” He asked, and Eun Hyo shook her head. “I’ll just meet you at Dock 45. Be there by six,” Eun Hyo scheduled for them both. “Okay, see you then,” Taeil answered, and walked out with a huge grin on his face.

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Jae Soo said, as she slapped Taeil’s back. “Can you and Minhyuk come along?” Taeil asked, as Jae Soo huffed angrily and shook her head. “No,” Jae Soo answered simply.

“Please, after this, I won’t bother you ever again,” Taeil begged, as Jae Soo rolled her eyes. “Promise?” Jae Soo asked. “Mm,” Taeil answered, nodding his head. “Fine, I’ll talk to Minhyuk about it,” Jae Soo murmured, as she headed back to homeroom when the bell rang.

In the final class, which was art, Jae Soo was slowly drifting away from it. Ren noticed how Jae Soo was a bit too quiet, that she poked Jae Soo with her pencil.

“What’s up? Why the long face?” Ren asked her. “Nothing, I’m just tired,” Jae Soo answered, as Ren didn’t buy it. “Is it about that new girl?” Ren asked, and Jae Soo looked at her friend. “Of course not,” Jae Soo remarked.

“Don’t lie to me, Jae Soo. She’s pretty clingy around you and Minhyuk. Don’t you dislike it?” Ren asked, as Jae Soo shrugged. “She’s not clingy,” Jae Soo answered, as she doesn’t consider Ah Young’s hanging around as clingy.

“Are you jealous that she’s becoming close with me?” Jae Soo joked, and Ren laughed. “No, of course not. I’m just warning you to watch out for her,” Ren replied with a serious tone. Jae Soo raised her eyebrows, as she never seen Ren like this before.

“Anyways, how was your hangout with Zico?” Jae Soo asked, changing the subject. “Oh, after we gave you lunch, we both parted ways,” Ren answered. “What? Why?” Jae Soo asked in shock. “The senior kid that I’m partnered up with for the scavenger hunt thingy, came and talked with me,” Ren answered.

“Ahh, I see,” Jae Soo replied. “Yea, but then other than that, Zico had a bologna facial when I asked him where you were at,” Ren said, remembering about how Zico had bologna all over his face during lunch.

“What the heck? Hahahaha! Stupid Zico,” Jae Soo laughed, as she tried imagining the bologna on his face. “I think they were trying to see who was the handsome face bologna guy,” Ren said, and the two girls giggled.

“Hey Ren, what are your plans tonight?” Jae Soo asked. “I don’t know yet, why?” Ren replied. “Want to go on a triple date?” Jae Soo questioned, and Ren thought for a bit, and then shook her head. “That’s too much people,” Ren answered.

“What?” Jae Soo asked, as she playfully slapped Ren’s arm. “Go with me,” Jae Soo insisted, and Ren shook her head. “You and Minhyuk aren’t even dating, so why should I?” Ren asked, teasing Jae Soo and Minhyuk again.

 

“Yah, we’re never going to date, alright?” Jae Soo said, and the bell rang at last. “Never say never,” Ren told her, and grabs her book bag and left class. “Tch, Ren you jokester,” Jae Soo mumbled, as she walked out of class afterwards.

“Soo-yah, did Ren already come out?” Zico asked, scaring Jae Soo. “She came out long ago,” Jae Soo answered, as Zico turned back to check. “Aish, how did I miss her?” He asked himself, while scratching his head.

“Can you—“

“No, I can’t do anything. I’ve got plans with Minhyuk, but if you don’t hurry to Ren, then that boy over there will ask her out,” Jae Soo said, trying to get away. “Where?” Zico asked, looking at where Jae Soo is pointing. “Bike area, bye!” Jae Soo answered, and left Zico.

Zico ran to the bike area, and as soon as he got there, he accidently tripped over some bikes. Making a loud ruckus, Ren and the guy Jae Soo mentioned, turned to Zico’s direction. “I’m fine,” Zico, told them, giving them both a little wave.

The two then ignored him, and Zico walked closely to them. “Can I help you, Zico?” Ren asked. “Huh? Oh no. I’m just looking for my bike,” Zico lied, as he was searching around the bikes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Ren,” the guy tells her, and walks off. It was just both Zico and Ren alone, and Zico gulped in nervousness. “So, which one is your bike, because I don’t remember seeing or knowing that you ride a bike to school,” Ren asked.

Zico gulped once more, and scratched the back of his head. “I guess I didn’t ride it today,” Zico answered with a tiny laugh. Ren laughed at him, as she unchained her bike and rides off with it.

He slapped himself, as he pulled his hair. “I am so stupid!” Zico cursed at himself. As soon as he reached home, he walked into his dad’s office.

“Yo dad, get me a bike. I want a bicycle, not a motorcycle. I also wanna see it tomorrow morning in the front yard. Thanks,” Zico requested his father, and then left upstairs to his room.

“Did our son just asked for a bicycle?” Zico’s mother asked his father in confusion. “Whatever it is, you heard him. He wants a bicycle. Would you like one too then?” Zico’s father asked, as he walked out of his office. “Hmm, it would be nice. You should get one too, so we can go strolling as a family together,” Zico’s mother suggested.


 

Kyung looked at his phone, and then puts it back. He repeatedly did this for about 20 times, when he plainly rubbed his head. “I’m going crazy! Of course she won’t text me back just yet. She’s busy with school,” Kyung told himself, as he pouts.

Just then, Kyung’s phone rang. “Hello!” Kyung picked up immediately, not checking his caller-id. “Kyung-ah, are you not going to come out and play basketball?” Jaehyo asked the other line. “Aish, it’s only you who called?” Kyung asked in disappointment.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jaehyo asked sounding a bit offended. “Nothing, I’ll come right over. Same court right?” Kyung answered. “Yep! Jihoon and Yookwon are here already,” Jaehyo said, and then hung up.

Kyung got up to change into his sports clothes, and jogged to the basketball court. On his way there at a stop sign, he saw a black sports car strolled by past him in high speed. “That en jerk,” Kyung cursed under his breath, and then thought for a bit.

‘Was that Mia in the car just now?’ Kyung shook his head, as he clearly didn’t see the driver’s face, so the woman on the passenger’s side couldn’t have been Mia. He was just lost in thoughts of her.

“Yea, the noona I’m paired up with is cute,” Yookwon admitted to his friends, as Kyung came to the court. “2 on 2 then?” Kyung asked, as his friends they greeted him. “Where are the others?” Kyung asked.

“Zico has family plans, Minhyuk and Taeil are doing something that they won’t tell us, and the rest are here,” Jaehyo answered. “Hm, okay then. Let’s play some ball!” Kyung said, as he grabs the basketball from Jihoon.

Jae Soo changed into her casual clothing, as she was just going to text Minhyuk saying that she’s ready. “Jae Soo, someone is outside for you,” Dong Wan said, knocking on Jae Soo’s door. “Yeh!” She replied, and walked downstairs to check whom it was.

“Oh, hi Ah Young!” Jae Soo greeted, as Ah Young smiled at her. “Sorry for popping up like this, but on my way to visit B-Bomb oppa, he told me that you were going on a dinner date with him. I was hoping if I can come along too,” Ah Young said, and Jae Soo scratched the side of her head.

“I guess it’s fine, I mean it’s not really a date or anything, but—“

“Greatness then, B-Bomb oppa is waiting for you over there already. Let’s go,” Ah Young said, as she tugged onto Jae Soo’s sleeve. “Okay, let me tell my brother I’m leaving now,” Jae Soo told her, and walks to the living room.

“Dong Wan-ah, I’m leaving now. Don’t wait up for me on dinner,” Jae Soo told him. “Yep, have fun!” He told her, as he walks into his office. Jae Soo shrugged, and walked out with Ah Young.

“Why are you dressed cute today?” Minhyuk teased Jae Soo, and she punched his arm. “It’s not for you, that’s what it is,” she replied, pouting. “Hmph, I like it though. You should dress like that often,” he said, and walks ahead leading the way.

Jae Soo’s heart skipped a beat, as she blushed madly. Ah Young looked over at Jae Soo, and giggled. She poked Jae Soo’s cheek, and then mouthed at Jae Soo, ‘Your cheeks are red.’

After playing basketball, the four boys got the munchies for food, and headed over to Round Table for pizza. “I can eat 5 pizzas,” Jihoon said with exhaustion. “My water is done,” Yookwon whined, as he crossed his arms like a kid.

“Are you both that tired? Jaehyo and I went easy on you two,” Kyung said, and he high fived Jaehyo. “Please, as if you both went easy. I think I’m going to be sore tomorrow,” Jihoon complained. “You losers probably need to shape up more,” Jaehyo said, and Yookwon punched him on the arm.

Kyung laughed at his buddies, and then stretched as he turned to his right and spied a love hotel. He giggled to himself, as he thought of Mia. “Yah Kyung, are you coming or what?” Jaehyo asked.

“Yea, I’m coming,” Kyung answered, as he glanced back at the love hotel once more. With glancing back, he did a double take, and gasped with eyes wide opened.

“Mia,” he whispered under his breath.



 

UH OH! WHAT DID KYUNG SEE?!?!!! XDD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SMILING REPRESENT KIM YOOKWON! KITTY KWON! Hahahahha! <3