`15

His Annoying Games

 

It was a warm morning weekend, as Jae Soo woke up to see Piggy Soo staring at her. “No, I’m not going to spend my weekend with him,” Jae Soo spoke to Piggy Soo. She got off her bed, stretched a bit, and then walked to the bathroom.

Jae Soo peed quickly, washed her hands next, then washed her face and brushed her teeth. After that, she went back to her room and changed into a comfortable athletic casual wear.

She walks downstairs to find a note on the refrigerator.

-“Gone with the coworkers for the weekend. I bough extra food last night, and stocked it up in the fridge. You can have your friends over, but no party. Bye sis!”-

“Tch, like as if I want to party,” Jae Soo said, as she opened the fridge and pulled an orange juice bottle out, and drank it. After a few gulps, she puts it back and runs upstairs.

Jae Soo looked at her phone, and then texts Ren. After texting Ren, her phone rang. Expecting it to be Ren, she picked up quickly.

“Hello?” Jae Soo picks up. “Open the door, jagiya,” Minhyuk tells her. “What?! Are you crazy, coming to my place this early?” Jae Soo asked in shock. “Your brother texted me last night to come over in the morning,” Minhyuk answered.

“Liar, my brother will not do that,” she said. “Fine, let me forward you the message,” he told her. Jae Soo waited, until she got the message. She checked, and it was her brother’s phone number. “Ugh, you’re so annoying!” Jae Soo said at last, and hung up.

She ran downstairs, and unlocked the door. She found Minhyuk standing there with a smile on his face. “Good morning my jagiya, how was your sleep?” He sweetly asked her. “It was okay,” she answered, letting him inside the house.

“You should clean up the house a bit, since you’re home,” Minhyuk said, as he takes a look around Jae Soo’s home. “Then why don’t you clean it for me?” Jae Soo asked him. “Would I get a reward?” Minhyuk asked back, leaning in close to her face.

Jae Soo brushed off, as she sat on the couch and turned the television on. Minhyuk sat right beside her, as he nudges her arm. “What are we watching?” He asks. “I don’t know, what would you like to watch?” She asked him back. “You, of course,” he simply answered, as he smiled and stared at her.

“Freak,” Jae Soo muttered, as Minhyuk laughed. Jae Soo’s message tone rang, and she immediately checked it. It was from Ren, saying that she would like to go to the mall. Jae Soo smiled, and then remembered Minhyuk being there by her side.

 

“So tell me why he came again?” Ren asked, as she pointed at Minhyuk who stood beside Jae Soo. “Long story, short. My brother is out with coworkers for the weekend, and texted Minhyuk to watch over me,” Jae Soo answered.

“He had to watch you shop too?” Ren asked raising an eyebrow. “Yep,” Jae Soo answered, not being happy at all. “This is fun, knowing that I’m going to be third wheeling,” Ren said, as Minhyuk cackled.

“You won’t be lonely. I texted Zico to come too,” he told her. “Yah!” Jae Soo punched Minhyuk on the arm. “What? You always wanted them to hook up anyways, right? Double date time it is,” Minhyuk jollily said, as Jae Soo rolled her eyes away.

Ren giggled, as she shrugged. “I guess that’s fine. Also, I’ll be taking it as, you both are dating now,” Ren said, and Jae Soo slapped her forehead. “We’re dating? Really?” Minhyuk sarcastically said, as Jae Soo punched his arm again.

“I’m here!” Zico loudly shouted from across the mall, as customers stared. “How embarrassing,” Jae Soo said, covering her face. Ren laughed, as she hooked arms with Jae Soo. “We’ll shop together, and leave the guys alone,” Ren said, as she pulled Jae Soo away.

“Let’s shop together,” Zico suggested, as Ren smiled at him. “Why don’t we meet later for lunch?” Ren asked instead, and Zico smiled nodding his head. “C’mon B-Bomb hyung!” Zico said with delight, as he pulled Minhyuk away with him.

“Wow, maybe I should just let you talk to Zico with taking Minhyuk away from me,” Jae Soo said, and the girls laughed together. “I’m surprised that clingy girl isn’t here,” Ren said, talking about Ah Young.

“Yah, she’s a nice girl,” Jae Soo said, as Ren scoffed. “That’s what you think. If I were you, I’d pull Minhyuk away from her. I smell trouble, when she comes do her aegyo,” Ren said, mimicking Ah Young a bit.

“Hahaha! You do aegyo?” Jae Soo teased, and Ren punched her arm. “I was imitating her,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo laughed. “She’s a nice girl, you just have to be patient with her cheerful loudness,” Jae Soo said, reassuring Ren that Ah Young is fine.

Ren sighed shaking her head, as she still doesn’t trust Ah Young’s existence around them.

 

“Lalala,” Zico sang happily, as Minhyuk rolled his eyes. “Will you stop acting like a weirdo?” Minhyuk asked him. “Me being a weirdo? You’re too calm. Lighten up a bit, will ya?” Zico told his hyung.

“Let’s go find the girls,” Minhyuk insisted, but Zico stopped him. “Ren said lunch time, so lunch time it is,” Zico told him, while tapping his watch. Minhyuk chortled, and pushed Zico out of his way.

“Hyung!” Zico shouted, following Minhyuk. “You’re too boring, and I rather bother Jae Soo,” Minhyuk said, as Zico smiled at him.

“Are you really into Jae Soo, or just messing around?” Zico asked, as Minhyuk chuckled and shrugged. “I don’t know, but these past few days...I feel something,” Minhyuk answered, and Zico nudged his hyung’s arm.

“Be a man and stop joking already. I’m sure of it that she wants you to ask her out in a ‘boyfriend’ type of way, than sounding like you’re joking,” Zico explained. “I’m saving that for something special,” Minhyuk answered, and Zico tilted his head.

“Special like what? The talent show?” Zico asked curiously. “You’ll have to wait and see,” Minhyuk replied, as he went to look for Jae Soo. “Hmm, well I’m sure that Jae Soo will like it,” Zico said, and followed Minhyuk.

Jae Soo walked around a store, as Ren and her separated inside. She walked up to a tiny section of where the Angry Birds stuffed toys were. Jae Soo giggled silently, as she picked up a similar looking Piggy Soo.

“How cute,” Ren said, as she picked up the yellow Angry Bird. “I think the pig one is the best,” Jae Soo said with a huge smile. “They’re all cute in their own ways,” Ren said, as Jae Soo just nodded her head, and puts the green pig back down.

“Hey Ren, want to watch a movie afterwards?” Jae Soo asked. “I don’t mind, as long as it’s nothing romantic,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo laughed. “Don’t worry, I’m not into it either,” she replied, and they both laughed.

“Do I hear something about watching movies?” Minhyuk asked, popping out of nowhere again. “Sheesh dude, do you always have to ghost around?” Jae Soo asked. “Sorry Soo, I tried pulling him away, but he just missed you too much,” Zico apologized.

“Aw, just date already,” Ren said, and Jae Soo glared at her. “Yea, you two are such a great couple,” Zico said, siding with Ren. “True, since you both already act like a couple,” Ren added, as she and Zico both nodded their heads.

“Hey, I see more Piggy Soo!” Minhyuk shouted randomly, as he picked up a green pig. “Piggy Soo?” Ren and Zico asked at the same time. “Yea, I won one from the vending machine and gave it to Jae Soo. We both named it Piggy Soo,” Minhyuk answered, as Ren giggled and eyeballed Jae Soo.

“No wonder the green pig is the cutest,” Ren sarcastically said, teasing Jae Soo. Zico scratched his head in confusion, and Jae Soo blushed madly. “You’re turning red, Jae Soo,” Zico said, as he stared at her.

Jae Soo touched her cheeks, and shook her head. “I am not,” Jae Soo said, as she hooked arms with Ren and walked ahead of the guys. “The green one is cute, since you have one now,” Ren teased, and Jae Soo chuckled.

“You know Ren, I’ll admit something to you, but promise not to tell anyone,” Jae Soo said, as Ren gazed at her. “Okay?” Ren replied, giving her a confused look. “I think I like him,” she confessed.

“I knew it! I freaken knew it!” Ren shouted loudly, as Jae Soo hushed her down, and glanced back to see Zico and Minhyuk giving her confusing stares. “You cannot tell anyone,” Jae Soo told her excited friend.

Ren glanced at Jae Soo with the are-you-for-real expression. “Who do I have to tell? I don’t talk with Minhyuk or Zico, anyways,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo smiled.

“So if you ‘think’ you like him, why not date him for real?” Ren asked. “I don’t know, I think I’m still paranoid from my last relationship,” Jae Soo answered, and Ren looked at her. “Paranoid?” Ren asked in with a puzzled expression. “I rather not talk about it,” Jae Soo said, and Ren nodded her head. “Understood,” Ren replied, and smiled at her friend.

“Hey ladies, I know it’s not near lunch yet, but I’m kind of hungry,” Zico said, jumping from behind the two girls. “I’m getting kind of hungry too,” Jae Soo said, rubbing her tummy. “Can’t let jagiya starve, or she’ll start being moody,” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo poked his tummy.

“I don’t get moody,” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk snickered. “I think we should get Piggy Soo a brother. Moody Jae,” Minhyuk said, as Jae Soo punched his arm. “More like Player Hyuk,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk laughed.

“I’m no player,” Minhyuk said, as Jae Soo scoffed. “Right, you’re not a player at all. Don’t you remember when you told me how many ex-girlfriends you had?”  Jae Soo replied, as Minhyuk pinched her right cheek hard.

“Pabo, they’re ex-girlfriends, not girls I played with,” Minhyuk answered, and Jae Soo rubbed her pain cheek. “Didn’t need to pinch me that hard,” Jae Soo told him, as she walked to the Mc Donald’s court.

“10 pieces of chicken mc nuggets, an ice cream cone, and a coke,” Jae Soo told the cashier. “Make that 20 pieces, and two cokes,” Minhyuk added, as he handed the cashier money before Jae Soo did. “I got this, jagiya,” Minhyuk told her sweetly, and Jae Soo smiled a small one at him, and turned away.  

“I’ll get a Big Mac meal,” Ren answered, and Zico quickly orders the same, as he paid for her also. “I’ll pay for our lunch,” Zico told Ren, and she smiled at him. “Thank you,” she politely responds. “Any time,” he replied, giggling to himself.

The four friends sat a table, and ate their food when it came. They all started talking about what movie they should watch, and Ren specifically said no to romantic movies. Jae Soo wanted a good thriller, and Ren just wanted horror.

“You are the two weirdest girl friends ever,” Zico said, as Jae Soo and Ren laughed. “How about you two go get the movie tickets, whilst Zico and I go grab some snacks?” Minhyuk insisted. “Okay,” Jae Soo answered.

After finishing their food, the girls walked to the theater inside the mall, and picked out a movie. Minhyuk and Zico came back with candies, and they all snuck the candies inside Jae Soo and Ren’s bag.

Jae Soo and Ren sat in the middle together, as Zico sat on Ren’s side, and Minhyuk sat beside Jae Soo’s side. While watching the movie, Zico kept jumping a bit. He was terrified at some parts, then he glances at Ren, and she just nibbles on her candy. Ren was too interested in the movie to care about the ghost popping out.

As for Jae Soo, she felt herself dozing off a bit, and kept trying to stay up, but then eventually fell asleep. Minhyuk saw her head hanging low, and he chuckled at her. He grabbed her chin, and gently tilted her head towards his shoulder. He slumped down his chair a bit, so that Jae Soo would feel more comfortable.

 

“AAAHHHHH!” The actress screamed loudly, waking Jae Soo up quickly. “What the ?” She jumped, as Zico, Ren, and Minhyuk turned to look at her. “Are you okay?” Ren whispered, and Jae Soo realized that she had fell asleep.

She nodded her head at Ren, and then looked over to see a giggling Minhyuk. Jae Soo glared at him for a bit, then giggled too. “How was your sleep?” Minhyuk whispered in her ear. “It was great, because I didn’t see you in it,” Jae Soo joked, and they both laughed silently.

As soon as the movie ended, the credits rolled up and the lights inside the theater . Jae Soo stood up to stretch, and then walked out holding Minhyuk’s shoulder, as she dragged her tired feet.

“Do you want me to give you a piggy back ride?” Minhyuk asked her. “Of course not,” Jae Soo answered, and then yawns. “Did you fell asleep during the movie?” Ren asked Jae Soo. “Yea, it got boring,” she answered.

“The movie was intense,” Zico said nodding his head. “Yea, you were pretty scared,” Ren told him, and everyone laughed at Zico.

“Jae Soo-yah,” a male’s voice called. Jae Soo turned to the direction, and her expression dropped dead. “Kang Jae Soo, I knew I wasn’t wrong. How are you?” The person asked, as Jae Soo stood frozen.

“Jae Soo,” Ren called to her spaced out friend. “Oh, I’m sorry,” Jae Soo apologized, as she shook her head, and smiled a small one at the person. “It looks like you’re doing great,” the guy said, and Jae Soo nodded her head.

“Excuse me, you are?” Minhyuk asked the guy, hoping for him to not be another ‘AJ’ douche guy. “Ah, I’m Lee Kiseop,” the man introduced himself, and Minhyuk’s eyes widened.

Dong Wan and Minhyuk’s conversation came rushing back into Minhyuk’s head, as he remembered who Lee Kiseop was. It was surprising for Minhyuk to face the guy.

“Is this your boyfriend now, Jae Soo?” Kiseop asked, as he points at Minhyuk. Ren and Zico looked at the silenced Jae Soo, and Ren quickly cleared . Jae Soo blinked at Kiseop, and sighed.

“Why are you here?” Jae Soo asked him. “Oh, we have early Spring Break,” Kiseop answered. “Who are you here with?” She questioned him some more. “Not with AJ of course. You know, I don’t even hang with him no more,” Kiseop answered, and Jae Soo turned away.

“I-I-I-I’ve got to,” Jae Soo said, as she ditched her friends and walk ahead. “Bye,” Zico said to Kiseop, as he followed after Jae Soo with Minhyuk and Ren.

Jae Soo calmed herself down, as soon as she got out of the mall. She drank her leftover coke, and slowly rubbed her forehead.

“Jae Soo, are you okay?” Ren asked, as Jae Soo simple nodded her head. “He mentioned about AJ. Did they do something to you?” Minhyuk asked with a worried tone. Jae Soo shook her head, as she slowly breathed in and out.

“I don’t want to talk about it. The more I think of it, I feel anger build up inside,” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk pulled Jae Soo into his arms and hugged her. “Don’t make him or AJ build anger up inside you. You don’t need to rage because of what they did,” Minhyuk told her.

“Thanks Minhyuk, but I would like to be alone with Ren today. Please understand,” Jae Soo told him. She pushed Minhyuk away, and walked back home to her place with Ren.

 

“Ren, you’re probably the first girl that I can tell my problem to. Is it cool, if you listen to my story?” Jae Soo asked. “Tch, Jae Soo, we’ve been friends for long enough. Why are you going to ask? If you need to talk, I’ll be here to listen,” Ren answered.

“Well Ren, when I told you that I’m paranoid of dating, is because of my ex-boyfriend. He goes by the name of AJ, and uses that name to pick up girls. At first when I met him, I thought maybe he was a cool guy. Lee Kiseop, the guy you saw at the theater, he was supposed to be my best friend. Yet, he betrayed me, and helped AJ cheat on me. Even when I dumped AJ, I couldn’t getaway. He was a scary man. I was terrified,” Jae Soo explained, as Ren hugged Jae Soo and pats her head gently.

“I think that’s one thing we have in common. Paranoid that the next ‘nice guy’ we like, might turn out to be the same old ones,” Ren told Jae Soo, and she lift her head to look at Ren.

“What do you mean?” Jae Soo asked. “You see Jae Soo, I was in an abusive relationship,” Ren answered. Jae Soo gasped in shock, and Ren simply curved a smile on her face. “I’m fine now, don’t worry,” Ren assured Jae Soo.

“You better be fine, or else I will kill this guy!” Jae Soo said, and Ren laughed. “He lives faraway from me. My mother and I moved away, after she found out what my ex-boyfriend did to me. She wanted to protect me, and so she had a restraining order against him, and we moved,” Ren explained.

“You’re so strong Ren,” Jae Soo said, as Ren smiled. “Yea, so sometimes in my drawings or paintings that you see, they have stories of what I went through,” Ren said, and Jae Soo nodded her head.

“But Jae Soo, I don’t think Minhyuk is that type of guy to cheat on you, if you date him. When I saw how worried he was about you, I knew it in an instant that he cares for you. Maybe, you should give him a chance,” Ren suggested, changing the subject to Minhyuk.

“I will say yes to him, if he asks nicely, not in a douche way,” Jae Soo stubbornly spoke, and the girls laughed together. “You should give it a try with Zico too. Just go on a couple dates with him, Ren. He’s very cool,” Jae Soo said, and Ren shrugged.

“I’m not ready to date yet, but I’ll hangout with him some more, if I ever have the time,” Ren answered. “We should do another double date then,” Jae Soo suggested, and Ren shook her head. “No,” she told Jae Soo.

 

The weekend ended fast, and school had started already. Jae Soo wasn’t ready for school, as she had remembered about what she needed to tell Kyung. But how will she explain it to Kyung, so that he’ll understand?

“Jae Soo-ah, good morning! So about the little mission, how did it go?” Kyung asked jollily. Jae Soo smiled a small one at him, and kicked the ground for a second. “She’s not doing anything illegal. I barely chatted with her, but I check her background there. She’s clean,” Jae Soo answered.

“That’s nice! I almost had a heart attack over thinking,” Kyung replied, and Jae Soo let out a tiny laugh. “But Kyung,” Jae Soo started out, as Kyung looked at her. “I think you should stop talking to her, in a way of getting to know her,” Jae Soo said.

“Why?” Kyung asked. Jae Soo looked at her friend’s confused face, and sighed. “Mia already has a boyfriend,” she spoke at last. Kyung’s eyes widened, as he just felt his heart torn apart.

The girl that he was so interested in, she already belonged to someone else.



 

SORRY IF THE CHAPTER SOUND LIKE IT WAS RUSHED!

Outside was thundering, and I couldn't concentrate on updating. T_T AND NOW ITS RAINING HARD, and lightening outside. 

Will be sleeping with music plugged into my ears tonight. LOL!