`o5

His Annoying Games

 

After Jae Soo got done crying, she and Minhyuk settled down at his condo for a drink. “What would you like?” Minhyuk asked her. “Just give me a cup of milk,” Jae Soo answered. “Is that all you want?” He asked. “Yeh,” she answered.

Minhyuk poured the milk into a cup, and then brings it over to Jae Soo. Her eyes were still red, and her breathing was still heavy. “You can sleep here if you want,” Minhyuk offered, as Jae Soo looked at him.

“Don’t worry; I won’t you or anything. I’m not that type of guy,” he said with a small giggle, as Jae Soo nodded her head and drank the milk. “You can take my room,” Minhyuk said as he opened his closet, and took out a pillow and a blanket.

“Oh no, its okay, I’ll just go home after this cup of milk,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk gave her a no-way look. “You can’t go home looking like that. Besides, what are your excuses for your brother when he sees you?” Minhyuk asked as Jae Soo gripped tightly onto her uniform.

“I’ll get them dry cleaned for you,” Minhyuk said as he walks inside his room. Jae Soo gave herself a tour inside his condo, as she found it amusing for the principal son to be living on his own.

Jae Soo came onto some photos that stood on the shelf. She looked at them one by one, and saw one of him and a girl. The girl had one of the most beautiful smiles ever, and Minhyuk also had a smile Jae Soo herself hasn’t seen before.

She grabs the picture frame off the shelf, and looks at it. In the photo, Minhyuk was giving the girl a piggyback ride, and they both had matching sweatshirts on. It’s just, his was a navy blue color and hers is pink.

“That’s my sister, if you’re going to ask,” Minhyuk spoke up, scaring Jae Soo a bit. She hastily puts the picture back, and turns around to find him in a pair of long pajama pants and a black tank top on.

“She’s a beauty,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk sighs. “Here, change into these and give me your uniform. I’ll dry clean them for you,” Minhyuk said. “These are your clothes though,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk raised an eyebrow at her.

“I’m sorry that I don’t have a girl here to give you some girl clothing,” Minhyuk sarcastically said. Jae Soo narrowed her eyebrows, at him and then grabs the clothes out of his hands.

“Where’s your bathroom?” She asked. “Over there,” Minhyuk answered pointing at a door. “Take a shower too, while you’re at it,” he spoke from outside the bathroom. “Then give me a towel,” Jae Soo told him, as she opened the door and gazes at him.

Minhyuk walked to his bedroom, and returned back quickly handing her a towel. Jae Soo chuckled and then locks the bathroom door. She took out her cellphone, and called her older brother telling him she won’t be returning home for the night, because she’s spending the night at Ren’s place.  

He agreed to let her stay, and then she hung up the phone and the shower. Jae Soo drenched herself in warm water, and then picks up the shampoo to find herself looking at men’s shampoo. “Great, now I’m going to smell like him now too,” Jae Soo said as she shampooed her hair using Minhyuk’s shampoo.

After Jae Soo was done with her shower, she walks up to Minhyuk's couch and sat down next to him. He ignored her as he was watching t.v. Jae Soo felt awkward because of the care Minhyuk did for her.

Just then a kissing scene came on the t.v, screen, and Jae Soo turned to look at Minhyuk. Not only did she look at him, but she found him looking at her too. Minhyuk slowly leaned in towards Jae Soo.

"Min-Min..." She stuttered before closing her eyes. Then suddenly, she noticed nothing came upon her. Jae Soo opened her eyes and found Minhyuk quietly laughing at her. "I was only grabbing for the remote, because it wasn't found on my side," Minhyuk told her.

Jae Soo blushed at her stupidity, and then stood up from the couch. "I'm going to go sleep now," Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk just nods his head flipping the channels.

“Uhmm Jae Soo,” Minhyuk said stopping her. “Yea?” Jae Soo asks. “When I told you the bet was off, it meant that I wouldn’t bother you being as my girlfriend anymore,” he said as Jae Soo walked up behind him and smiled.

“That’s right, I’ve been meaning to know why you called it off,” Jae Soo asked. “I told you already, I like you and I don’t want to force you in doing something you don’t want to,” Minhyuk answered. “Tch, you cheesy man,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk giggled.

“Since the bet is off, then this means I can do this,” Jae Soo said as she gave Minhyuk a quick peck on the cheek. “Thanks for today,” she said and then walks to Minhyuk’s room. “Yah, yah, you...You kissed me!” Minhyuk shouted.

“But you said the bet was off remember? So goodnight,” Jae Soo said, and then shuts the door and locks it. “Yah! This is still my room!” Minhyuk shouted and Jae Soo ignored him. She jumped on his bed, and giggled to herself as she covered herself with his blanket and closed her eyes ignoring his shouts.

“Good night!” Jae Soo shouted and then covered her ears. Minhyuk stopped shouting and then touched his cheek, as he chuckled to himself. “I still won,” he whispered to himself as he smiled.


 

Jae Soo quickly jumps off of Minhyuk’s bed, as soon as she opened her eyes. She stretched her arms and legs and then slowly walked out of his room. “Minhyuk-ah,” she called to him as she saw the television on, and he was sitting up.

Somehow, he didn’t respond to her. “Yah, Minhyuk-ssi,” Jae Soo called to him again. No response again. Jae Soo puffed her cheeks and walked over to where he was at, and found his eyes closed as the remote was in between his crossed arms.

Jae Soo giggled seeing him in that position. She quietly turns off the television, and then comes sits in front of him as she watches him sleep. ‘This is quite interesting.’ She told herself and smiles at Minhyuk’s sleep.

“Minhyuk-ah,” she whispered, and then waves a hand in front of his face. He didn’t seem to be awake, so Jae Soo was going to find her uniform by herself, until she felt his hands grab her.

“Don’t go,” he whispers, and then falls to his right side. Jae Soo fell down too, but was tightly wrapped in his arms. “Yah, Minhyuk-ah...were you...just pretending?” Jae Soo asked trying to get free from his hold, but then Minhyuk mutters something else.

“Mom, don’t go,” he mumbles. Jae Soo stopped trying to fight against him, and noticed that her face was buried in his chest. Minhyuk continued muttering some other words, and Jae Soo smiled softly as she raised her left arm to pat his back.

“I won’t leave, so don’t worry,” she responded. Minhyuk’s release on her loosened, and Jae Soo slowly got out of his arms. She examined him sleeping again. He looked so innocent, so different compared to the man she knows at school.

Just then, Minhyuk’s alarm clock rung loudly, which made Jae Soo jump, and Minhyuk shot his head up. “Oh, Jae Soo-ah, good morning,” Minhyuk said to her as he rubs his eyes. “Morning,” Jae Soo greeted back.

“Let me go get your uniform,” Minhyuk told her, as he yawns and stretches his arms up. “Minhyuk-ah,” Jae Soo called to him seeing how he doesn’t quite remember that he pulled her in for a hug, and called to his mom.

“Yes Jae Soo?” He asks back. She looked at him and just saw him smile. It wasn’t just any smile; it looks like a forced smile. Jae Soo remembered the smile on the picture with Minhyuk’s sister, and he looked happier there.

“Nothing, it’s just, hurry up already. We need to get to school,” she told him and then looked away. “I know, I’m getting your uniform for you alright. Just chill,” he replied and then walks off to a room.

Jae Soo sat down in the living room, and found Minhyuk’s wallet on the coffee table. She quickly grabs his wallet as she opens it. Jae Soo peeked through Minhyuk’s wallet, and found another picture that has his sister and an older woman.

“Jae Soo-ah,” Minhyuk calls for her. “Y-y-yeh!” Jae Soo stuttered and hastily puts the wallet back. “What is it?” She asks walking to where he’s at. “Your white blouse, it’s not dry yet. But you’ll be okay wearing one of mine, right?” He asks.

“Don’t matter,” Jae Soo replied. “Hm, you’re being weird right now,” Minhyuk said as he tilts his head. “How weird? I rather not show my chest to the entire school,” Jae Soo said sounding like herself again.

Minhyuk chuckled and hands Jae Soo her skirt and blazer, as he walks to his room to grab a white blouse. “This is the smallest that I can find from back in freshman year,” Minhyuk told Jae Soo and hands it to her.

“Go change quickly, school’s gonna start soon,” he alarmed her. “Yea,” Jae Soo replied and walks to the bathroom and changes. She walks out having his clothes in her hands, after changing into her uniform.

“Thanks for the hospitality. Your bed was really comfy,” Jae Soo thanked him. “Of course it is, it’s my bed,” Minhyuk said and Jae Soo laughs. “Let’s go,” Minhyuk told her, as he doesn’t even bother to button up his blazer.

“No breakfast?” She asks. “I don’t eat breakfast,” he answered opening the door. Jae Soo pursed her lips together and then walks out slowly. “Are you hungry?” Minhyuk asks her. “Huh? Oh no, I was just asking,” Jae Soo lied as her stomach growled loud enough for both her and Minhyuk to hear.

“Haha, we’ll grab something for you to eat on the way to school,” he told her whilst laughing. Jae Soo punches him on the arm and walks ahead. “Yah, Jae Soo-ah, don’t be mad,” Minhyuk said as he caught up to her.

“I’m not mad,” Jae Soo answered not looking at him. “If you wanted breakfast, why didn’t you just ask me?” He asked walking next to her now. “I didn’t want to bother you,” she answered and crosses her arms.

“Then let’s grab breakfast together,” Minhyuk told her as he grabs her arm, and pushes her to a food selling cart nearby. “Four sausages and three fish cakes,” he orders. “Minhyuk-ah, isn’t this too much?” Jae Soo asks.

“Here you go sir,” the food seller said as she hands Minhyuk his food he ordered. “Here Jae Soo,” Minhyuk said, giving the food to her as he pays for it. He turned to Jae Soo and grabs one sausage and one fish cake, letting her have the rest.

“Minhyuk,” Jae Soo mumbles his name. “Is that not enough?” He asks. “No, it’s more than enough. Thank you,” she answers with a smile. “You’re welcome,” he replies with a smile and holds her hand, without having to force it.

“You’re not pulling away?” Minhyuk asks. “I’ll walk to school like this with you as a thank you,” Jae Soo answers him. “Aww, but you didn’t give me a kiss when I wanted a thank you for the book,” he pouts.

“This is a willing. That kiss was a force,” Jae Soo tells him. “It wasn’t a force. I was asking,” Minhyuk, corrected her. “But all those other kisses were forces,” she told him. “Those were other kisses,” he replies sticking his tongue out at her.

Jae Soo scoffed and then laughed a little. “You like doing this to girls huh?” Jae Soo asks as she raises her and Minhyuk’s interlocked hands. “No, I just like doing this to you,” he told her teasingly pinching her cheeks.

“Minhyuk-ah!” Jae Soo shouted as he ran off. “I’ll get you!” Jae Soo shouted again gobbling up her food, then rushes off after him.


 

Ren parked her bike and chained it onto the bike rail, once she reached school. She headed to the art room, but stopped when she heard whispers from inside.

“She’s a true artist, but I don’t understand why she won’t enter her pictures into these contests,” a female’s voice said. “I tried convincing her ever since I’ve seen her first painting, but I just get a no. She’s not willing to enter any of her paintings,” a male voice said in reply to the female.

“These are brilliant pictures. I can see the stories behind these paintings. It’s like; she’s telling stories on here with no words to be used,” the female voice told the male. “You know, I have never noticed that before,” the male voice said in surprise.

Ren sighed and skips the art room to sit out on the school’s huge patio. She sat quietly watching two butterflies play with each other flying by. Ren smiled and takes out her sketchbook, and starts to draw them.

Before she can finish, they flew away leaving Ren alone. Having two blank butterflies drawn onto her sketchbook, Ren looked around her area and added a large rose behind the butterflies.

She continuously drew the picture until there were no more spots left on the paper for her to draw on. “What do you have there?” A voice asked from behind. Ren quickly sits up and puts her sketchbook away, as she turns around to find Zico.

“I don’t know if we’ve met yesterday, but I’m Zico,” he introduces himself to her. “Ren, Choi Ji Ren,” Ren introduces herself back. “I was passing by and saw you by yourself. Jae Soo isn’t with you?” He asks.

“No,” she simply answered. “Oh,” Zico awkwardly replies as Ren looks away. “See you around,” he told her. “Mm,” she answers, as she picks up her bag and leaves before Zico does.

“Aish, I can’t even...What is wrong with me? It’s just Ren!” Zico told himself, as he sighs in frustration. Kyung laughed as he saw this from afar. “Zico, we all know you like Ren,” Kyung muttered to himself and walks away.

As he was walking to homeroom, he saw the girl whom he said hi to yesterday in the science lab. “Hey Mia, what are you doing?” Kyung asks the girl. The girl turns to her right and sees Kyung.

“Hey Kyung, I’m just writing down notes,” she answered. “Oh, did you want mine too?” Kyung asks as he takes his backpack off. “No thanks, I have it covered,” Mia answers smiling assuring him that she’s fine.

He smiles back at her and walks away, placing both hands on his chest. “I got a smile in return,” Kyung mumbled to himself. “Hyung, come here! Minhyuk hyung and Jae Soo noona are really dating!” Jihoon shouts from the hallway, surprising Kyung.

“Really? How are you so sure about this?” Kyung asks Jihoon. “They’re entering inside the school holding hands!” Jihoon screamed in Kyung’s face. “Yah, stop screaming, I can hear you. Besides, Minhyuk hyung is always holding Jae Soo’s hand,” Kyung answered.

“No, no, no, no! Jae Soo is not pulling or fighting back! She’s smiling along!” Jihoon continues to scream. Kyung’s jaw dropped, as both him and Jihoon runs down to check.

“This is cheating...you ran so fast,” Jae Soo panted hardly from chasing after Minhyuk. They were holding hands again, and Minhyuk head forehead bumped his against Jae Soo’s.

Her heart started beating faster than earlier. Feeling his presence on her and smelling that wonder cologne of his, Jae Soo didn’t know whether or not if she is falling for this guy in such a short time.

“Minhyuk, what are you doing?” Jae Soo asks, as her eyes weren’t looking into his. “Resting my head on yours because I’m tired,” Minhyuk answers smiling and then pulls back away.

“Look at you, your cheeks is all pink,” he said teasing her, whilst poking her cheeks. “Stop it, my injuries still hurts,” she told him as she laughs and playfully punches him back.

“So are you two...really dating, dating?” Kyung asks panting from the run. Jae Soo and Minhyuk stops joking around, as they both looks at Kyung and Jihoon who’s trying to catch their breath.

Minhyuk grinned as he grabs Jae Soo from the side and pulls her against him. “Friends can’t mess around?” Minhyuk asks Kyung as Jae Soo gazed up at him. “Oh, I must’ve thought wrong,” Jihoon, said feeling awkward.

Jae Soo giggled at Jihoon as she softly punches his right arm. “Don’t feel awkward dude, thanks to you guys, I’m okay,” Jae Soo said reminding them about yesterday. “Ah yes, how are you doing?” Kyung ask Jae Soo as he examines her injuries.

“I’m fine, and they’re hardly noticeable. If my brother asks, I’ll just make up a lie. No biggie,” she answered smiling. “Wait, you didn’t go home last night?” Kyung asks. Jae Soo gulped as she looked at Minhyuk.

“Yah, Jae Soo-ah, can I talk to you for a minute?” Zico asks coming out of nowhere. “S-s-sure!” Jae Soo replies quickly and sped off to where Zico was. “Did Jae Soo go home last night?” Kyung asks Minhyuk. He looks at Kyung and rolls his eyes as he walks off.

“What do you want?” Jae Soo asks Zico. “I’m only admitting this to you because you’re my only girl friend. Not in that girlfriend love term, but as in girl and friend term,” Zico explained first.

“Zico, I’m not dumb. So what do you want to admit?” She asks. “I’m admitting to you that I do really like Ren. I want to talk with her and ask her out on a date, but I can’t!” Zico admitted as Jae Soo gave him a blank expression.

“Wow,” Jae Soo wowed first. “Wow?” Zico repeated after not getting it. Jae Soo burst into laughter holding her stomach, as Zico grabs her by the arm and pulls her away to where no one can see them.

“Stop laughing!” Zico shouted in embarrassment, as Jae Soo tries her best to calm down. “So you’re telling me that you like Ren?” Jae Soo asks. “For the millionth time that I’ve been answering to your laugh in return, yes!” Zico answered.

 Jae Soo laughed again, and then stopped when Zico glared at her with seriousness. “Fine, fine, I’ll stop laughing. I’ll only laugh when you’re not looking,” Jae Soo said and giggles. “Yah, Kang Jae Soo!” Zico whined.

“Okay, I’ll stop entirely,” Jae Soo said in defeat. “You’re so mean. I thought maybe you might help me, but you’re just like the boys,” he said in a sad tone now. Jae Soo bit her bottom lip, feeling guilty up inside for laughing now.

“What do you need help on?” She asked offering to help Zico. “Nevermind that I admitted my feelings about Ren,” he replied ignoring her question. “Zico-ah, I was just joking,” Jae Soo told him. “Yea,” Zico answered with a shrug, and pursed his lips together and walked off.

“Oh my god, I was just joking,” Jae Soo mumbled to herself. “He’ll get over it,” Minhyuk told her, as he plops next to her on the bench. “Hmph, you heard everything?” She asks. “Yep, everything from your loud laugh to Zico’s confession,” he answered.

“Yah!” Jae Soo shouted. “Ow, I have sensitive ears,” Minhyuk tells her, as he covers both ears. “You—Ugh!” She annoyingly said with a laugh. “I’m what, huh?” He asked laughing and standing up to her.

“My friend of course,” Jae Soo answered with a smile. “What if I want to be more than friends?” Minhyuk asks, getting close to Jae Soo’s face. Jae Soo smiled at him and shakes her head. “You’ll have to steal my heart, if you want to be more than friends,” she says.

“Ha, I bet you I can,” Minhyuk, says betting. “I bet you can’t,” Jae Soo replies. “Fine, instead of betting this on money or whatever, let’s just say I’ll steal your heart,” Minhyuk says clearly. “I doubt that you will,” Jae Soo replied chuckling.

“Don’t ever doubt on Lee Minhyuk,” Minhyuk tells her, as he pecks her cheek and walks off to class as soon as the bell rang. Jae Soo pouts angrily as she places her hand on her cheek. A smile curved up as she walks to class though.

A couple of girls came up to Jae Soo bowing their heads apologizing to her, as soon as she reached class. Jae Soo just nods her head, and walks to her seat knowing that Sang Mi isn’t in class.

“Yo, where’s class rep. at?” Jae Soo asks Zico. “I don’t know, I walked in here and saw her getting pulled out of class only,” Zico answers. “You guys don’t know? Minhyuk is taking her out of school,” Yookwon butts in.

“Wait, what?” Jae Soo asks. “It’s probably because of yesterday,” Kyung said nodding his head. “What does that have to do with anything though? It was outside of school,” Jae Soo asks.

“Jae Soo-ah, we’re sorry about the things we said about you,” a girl and two of her friends apologizes and then walks off. “I think I’m more scared of them apologizing, than Sang Mi attacking me,” Jae Soo said and the boys gurgle.

“Doesn’t Ren have the proof though? Sang Mi will surely deny it if Minhyuk doesn’t have proof,” Jae Soo told the boys. “Ren gave the proof to Minhyuk yesterday,” Yookwon answered.

“Oh,” Jae Soo replied. “Yea, you were too busy crying,” Kyung joked. “Shut the up!” She laughs and punches Kyung hard on the arm. “You hit like a man,” Kyung pouts sadly. Jae Soo rolled her eyes and giggles.

The office door opens, and Sang Mi turns around to see Minhyuk. “B-Bomb oppa, what is going on?” Sang Mi asks. “Your scholarships, your fame in our school, your spot as class representative, say goodbye to them,” Minhyuk told her.

“What do you mean? Why?” Sang Mi asks. “Don’t play dumb with me. You clearly know why,” he answers with a disgusted look on his face. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about,” she continues.

Minhyuk takes out his phone, plays a video, and shows it to Sang Mi. “Is that not you?” He asks her. Sang Mi drops back down to her seat, and buries her face into both hands. “Girls like you disgust me,” Minhyuk told her.

He stamps her paper and staples them. He also made a phone call removing Sang Mi out of school. After the phone call, Sang Mi picks up her stuff, removes her nametag from her uniform, hands it to Minhyuk, and then left.

Jae Soo stares out the window and sees Sang Mi dashing out of school. “Zico look, it’s Sang Mi,” she said nudging him by the arm. Zico looks too, and sees Sang Mi running out of campus.

“As you can see, Shim Sang Mi our last Class Representative will not be studying with us any longer. She’s been taken off out of school, due to reasons she had done out of school. Now we will pick a new Class Representative,” the teacher announced.

Everyone was choosing a new class representative, as Jae Soo slumped back on her chair feeling kind of bad for Sang Mi. “Oh well, whatever’s done, is done,” Jae Soo said shrugging to herself.



 

BBOMB, I JUST SUPER LOVE HIM MUCHOS! ZICO TOO! Hahahahaha!