Chapter 13~ The First To Know

Reunited []

                “Hankyung! You Babo! Get out!” Heechul voice rang through the empty dorm.

                “Aniyo.” Hankyung said as he ran the flat iron through his hair.

                “Li Hangeng! Get your primping out of the bathroom! I’m going to be late on my first day back!” Heechul complained.

                “Well you should’ve thought about that before waking me up late.” Hankyung said finishing his hair. “I’m done now. Let’s go.” He said turning off the flat iron. “Do I look like me?” Hankyung asked stepping out.

                “No.” Heechul said softly with a pout on his face.

                “Good.” Hankyung grabbing his glasses off of Heechul's head and put them on. “Keys.” Heechul handed him the keys and they left the apartment.

                “You’re staying the entire time right?” Heechul asked.

                “Ne.” Hankyung answered, nodding his head once.

                “And you’re going to be in the studio with me. Right?” Heechul continued his string of obscene questions.

                “I’ll be on the couch playing with Bangshin.” Hankyung said getting annoyed by the boy’s silly questions.

                “JYJ is my guest today. What if they find out?” Heechul asked getting slightly nervous.

                “Hee, it’ll be fine. We trust them right? That’s why I’m going today.” Hankyung said parking the car.

                “But what if –” Heechul’s sentence was caught by a pair of soft lips that he couldn’t help but melt into.

                “Shut up Chulli. Everything will be fine.” Hankyung said before getting out of the car. He didn’t wait for Heechul, who was just coming out of his stupor.

                “Yay! Babo!” Heechul yelled catching up to the Chinese man. “What was that for?”

                “You didn’t like it?” Hankyung asked laughing when a blush spread across Heechul’s cheeks. “Or maybe you liked it a little too much.” He said. Heechul stopped in his tracks when the comment registered through his mind. Hankyung stopped a few steps ahead.

                “What’s wrong?” He asked. Heechul looked down unable to look at Hankyung.

                “I did like it. Very much.” Heechul admitted. Hankyung smiled softly as he walked up to Heechul and grabbed his hand, making the blushing man look at him.

                “What am I going to do with you?” He asked brushing Heechul’s bangs to the side with his other hand. “Come on. You’ll be late.” He said pulling Heechul towards the building. Once they entered the building Heechul took the lead, standing straight once more.

                “Heechul-oppa! Take a picture with me?” A girl asked. “I want to be the first to tweet your return!” she said excitedly.

                “Alright.” Heechul said stepping away from Hankyung standing next to the girl looking bored. She took the picture smiling and soon her fingers were tapping away on her phone. “See you later Soya-unnie.” Heechul waved before going back to Hankyung. “Come on.” He said grabbing Hankyung's hand once more.

                “Who was that?” Hankyung asked frowning.

                “Soya-ssi. She’s the person who schedules the guest for Leeteuki, Hyukki, and me.” Heechul explained. Hankyung nodded the frown yet to leave his face.

                “Heechul-ah!” a voice came from behind them. The two turned around to see Jaejoong running towards them, Junsu and Yoochun trying to stop the man. “Heechul-ah! I haven’t heard from you in so long.” Jaejoong said jumping on Heechul.

                “Yay! Get off you oversized monkey!” Heechul yelled trying to pry the man off of him. “Help! He’s killing me!”

                “I think yelling would be more effective.” Yoochun laughed. Heechul froze at the comment. Jaejoong, worried, got off of him.

                “Hee-nim?” Jaejoong asked. “You okay?” Heechul slowly nodded him head. Hankyung yanked the hand that had a death grip on his, effectively bringing Heechul back.

                “Sorry.” He mumbled. “We need to hurry.” He said after glancing at his phone.

                “Ah, Heechul-ah. Who’s this?” Jaejoong asked noticing Hankyung for the first time.

                “Oh, Li Han. Nice to meet you.” Hankyung said in broken Korean bowing respectfully.

                “Yah! Let’s go!” Heechul said pulling Hankyung to his side, frowning.

                “Ne, ne.” Junsu said looking at Hankyung still.

                “So how long have you known Heechul?” Jaejoong asked as he followed the two up the stairs.

                “A little over ten years.” Hankyung smiled.

                “Ah! Really?” Jaejoong asked smiling gleefully. “I’ve known him only about seven years. You’re so lucky. I think you take the place of his longest friend.” Heechul looked at Jaejoong questionably.

                “What’s that supposed to mean? I had friends before I debuted.” Heechul pouted opening the studio room where all the workers were running around frantically to get everything set up.

                “Yeah, but you don’t talk to them anymore.” Jaejoong pointed out. Heechul walked over to Bangshin’s oversized kennel and let him out. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk had been taking care of him for the last couple of months. The cat automatically went to Hankyung.

                “That’s not fair.” Jaejoong pouted. “That cat knows me and still refuses to come to me, yet he doesn’t know you and you’re the first one he goes to.”

                “Jaejoong it’s not just you.” Junsu said.

                “Yeah, He’s even reluctant to go to Heechul. The only person he’s ever been like that with was Hankyung.” Yoochun said looking at Hankyung. Hankyung looked back at him and he knew. He knew that Yoochun knew who he was. Stupid cat. He leaned over and picked Bangshin up and put him on the couch with him.

                “Mu~, you’re so lucky Han. Maybe the cat just likes Chinese people.” Jaejoong pouted.

                “We’re on air in two minutes.” A worker shouted and everyone got into their places. Hankyung sat and watched Heechul and JYJ, Bangshin curled up in his lap. Thirty minutes before airing ended JYJ got up to leave so Heechul could wrap up the broadcast.

                “Li Han. Can I talk to you?” Yoochun asked. Hankyung nodded. “You two stay here.” He told Jaejoong and Junsu.

                “Where are you going?” Junsu asked sitting down on the coach.

                “Just to get a cup of coffee.” Yoochun smiled.

                “Oh, can I have orange juice?” Jaejoong asked.

                “Ne. Su, you want anything?” Yoochun asked and Junsu shook his head. “Alright. We’ll be back.” He said pulling Hankyung out into the hall. As soon as the door was closed he pulled Hankyung into a hug. “My god, were have you been? The news said you were in a bad accident and went to America for rehab. But you look fine to me. Why are you in Korea?” Yoochun bombarded Hankyung with questions, keeping his voice low so as not to attract attention.

                “I knew you’d be the first to figure it out.” Hankyung sighed. “You can’t tell anyone I’m here. Come back to the dorms with us and I’ll explain. I won’t force you to keep it from the other two.” Hankyung said pulling out of Yoochun’s hold. “And I’m not all that fine. I’m still hurt. I broke a few ribs and my collar bone. So it still hurts even if I don’t have to wear a brace anymore.” Hankyung said.

                “Omo! You really got into an accident?” Yoochun asked.

                “No. Like I said. I’ll explain later. Come on. Let’s go get Jae’s juice. Heechul’s almost done.”